Rome Downtown Accommodation
We found this B&B an ideal location to be in Rome. It's within a 10-20 minute walk to so many of the main sights ie: Colosseum, Palatine Hill, Roman Forum, Vittorio Emanuele Monument, Trevi Fountain, Campo de Fiori, Trajan's Market, Piazza Navona and the Pantheon etc. It's a 3 minute walk to the subway (Metro) which will get you to the Vatican, St.Peter's Basilica and the Spanish Steps usually within 20-30 minutes.
This B&B was clean, comfortable and the room was a reasonably good size. Breakfast was delivered to the room each morning (at a time you request) by the delightful and very friendly Lorenzo. (there is no common breakfast area) It was a nice breakfast that consisted of juice, coffee, fruit, yogurt and a pastry. There are six rooms, four fronting onto Via Cavour (which can be very busy) and two at the back…..Ours was at the back and was very quiet . It had double paned windows that opened easily. While there, Lorenzo insisted I look at one of the rooms facing the main street just to prove how good the windows blocked the traffic noise.
It did indeed reduce it substantially.
Lorenzo was extremely helpful in laying out the top sights to see on a map and instructing us how to get there.
The price of 120 Euro/nt was very reasonable for Rome especially considering the great location. The B&B is located in a large building and you can either take the elevator or easily walk up one floor to the 1st level. Lorenzo gives you 4 keys. One for the main door of the building, the B&B itself, your room and the safe. This is because after a certain time, Lorenzo is not there…..but you can call him. The only thing I would mention is that you have the option of paying for air conditioning (if you need it)…the charge is an additional 5 Euro each day.
We enjoyed our 3 nights at the Rome Downtown Accommodation B&B and we wouldn't hesitate going back.
Restaurants close to the B&B.
We throughly enjoyed our two dinners at the "La Base" restaurant across the street from the B&B. It has a very jazzy American decor with musical instruments and musician figures hanging everywhere. The the pizza and the following night's "Argentinian Beef Filet" were excellent. We did not however enjoy our lunch at the Ciardi Bar Pasticceria a few doors east of the B&B. When we were coaxed in from the street, I asked for a table at the back (less noisy)….and was told it'd be 2 minutes….While we sat next to clashing dishes for 15 minutes some new arrivals were taken to the back section. After complaining, we were finally taken to the back and then waited for 25 minutes for two bruschettas…..It was the worst we'd had in Italy and I cancelled the balance of the order which hadn't come after an additional 10 minutes. Oh and make sure you tell them what size Cappucino you want otherwise they'll automatically give you a large. Maybe we just got them on a bad day?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- B&B Downtown Accomodation is a great value, comfortable, friendly and safe accommodation next to the Coliseum and the Roman Forum. From the place you can reach the Colosseum and the Roman Forum in less than a two-minute walk. Thanks to its enviable position Downtown Accomodation provides the ideal place in the heart of the eternal city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Rome Downtown Accomodation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rome Downtown Accomodation Hotel Rome
- Downtown Accomodation Rome
- Downtown Accomodation Hotel Rome