“Great "home base" for sightseeing! Would definitely stay again.”

Bed and Breakfast Smart
Ranked #179 of 3,767 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I had my first trip to Rome recently and was looking for a convenient, safe and reasonably priced place to stay while I was there. I came across B&B Smart and it seemed to fit the bill perfectly! As soon as I made my reservation, the innkeeper Isabella emailed me with some information about my stay.

I flew into FCO and took the Leonardo Express train that runs every 30 minutes to Termini station. The B&B is only a 5 minute walk from the station, but I got a little lost! Isa provided good directions, but I am a little directionally challenged and ended up making my first turn from the wrong street. Luckily, my iphone's GPS "point me there" option helped me to get back on track and I made it to the B&B! Note: When exiting Termini station, find via Giolitti and turn so the station is on your right. Walk down Giolitti until you come to via Cavour (just to the end of the station, before you get to Piazza dei Cinquecento), and turn left onto via Cavour. Follow that down to via Farini and make a left. B&B Smart is just a few doors up that block right past the police station. You can get there a few different ways, but I found this one to be the easiest!

I found B&B Smart on the buzzer and Isa let me in, then came to greet me at the elevator door. She took me straight to my room to sit my things down, then I stopped out to check in. She was very sweet and suggested many sites I could see on my one day in Rome, drawing up on a little map she had. She also suggested a place where I could eat that evening, as I was starving but didn't want to go far. She asked what time I wanted breakfast in the morning, and brought a lovely breakfast (egg, fruit, chocolate croissant, yogurt, coffee, juice, milk, "to go" pastry) to the room at that time.

The room was very large, clean, and had a nice big window facing the courtyard. The weather was very nice, so I did not pay additional for the air conditioning, but I did sleep with the bathroom fan on, as it was almost too quiet for me! Seems like a silly thing to complain about, but I needed a bit of white noise in the background. The A/C might be a nice option for that as well. The water pressure in the shower was very nice for European standards, and the water got nice and hot. There is no fridge or TV in the room, but there is a shared fridge, microwave and TV in a little sitting room / common area that you can use if needed.

I have no complaints about B&B Smart, and would definitely stay there again. It was also quite novel to feel like I had my own little flat in Rome for a few nights! I loved the whole process of going through the various doors, hopping in the cage elevator, etc. It was a great experience! If you want a luxury hotel with all the amenities, then this is not the place for you. But if you are looking for a nice, clean, safe spot to lay your head for the evening... and a very hospitable host, then definitely give B&B Smart a try!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank SharonK001

Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Greeted by the lovely owner Isabella, we were happy with our choice straight away. After a week in hostels it was nice to have something a bit nicer and only a bit more expensive but definitely affordable. The delicious breakfast is delivered to your room each morning at whatever time suits you. It includes a chocolate croissant, fruit, yoghurt, juice and a hot drink. All good.
The rooms are very spacious. The beds are comfy and everything is decorated and homey. I would definitely recommend it, only five minutes from termini station!

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

B and B smart is located in a terrific spot. Very accessible from pretty much every where and easy walks to lots of big sights.
Good value for money for a nice basic holiday. Owner was very nice and helpful for us.
Everything was clean and tidy too!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gladsandkate
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Rested in a hotel in Via Cavour 275. Very convenient location for sightseeing. Very good service, hearty breakfast. Room cleaning daily proizvoditley. Next time, stay in the same hotel. thanks Lorenzo. Semiletnikova and Zharova

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Elena S
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Rick Steves' chatroom and Tripadvisor led me to this spot, and it shows the wisdom of crowd-sourcing. This place is perfect! The room was large (not always true in European inns), so the three of us were not tripping over each other or our luggage. The room was quiet, the location near the train station was so easy to find. And the owner is so gracious and helpful. She really made every effort to make our stay pleasant, from letting us choose breakfast times to providing ideas for where to eat and pick up necessities. I also was touched by the birthday gift of a bottle of Italian wine! When I return to Rome I won't even look for another place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Kathryn O
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I was looking for a cute and not expensive place to stay for my first visit at Rome with my wife.
Found this place while browsing through tripadvisor - the place looked so nice and got great reviews so we booked it.
When we got there I saw that the place is great and the owenr is so so so sweet!

Highly recommended!! don't think twice.

Room Tip: Make sure you get the room including the bathroom