“Everything is Close”

Ranked #103 of 3,619 Rome B&B and Inns
United Kingdom
“Everything is Close”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I had high hopes for this place as all the reviews were excellent, I guess we didnt know what to expect really because it was the first time staying at a B&B, I usually stay at hotels, but because everything is so expensive in rome we stayed here. First the bed was really hard almost like sleeping on the floor but weirdly enough i was able to sleep thru the night , probably because I was so tired from walking. The towels we were given were tiny towels, we thought when it said towels were provided they were full towels. The breakfast was a little different. Hard boiled eggs, very sweet pastry and orange drink. Not really orange juice, and very thick dark coffee. The good thing about this place it was very clean and the women who owns it is very friendly and she makes sure you know the area by giving you a map and fresh fruit. Also, it is close to everything you can walk to the fountain, Colosseum and the train station is close. I guess what i can say about this place is that its no hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank lizgabrielaowen
isabellaRM, Owner at Bed and Breakfast Smart, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear lizgabrielaowen,

Thank you very much for the review. I am really happy to see that you enjoyed my hospitality, service and kindness. I always try to do my best and assure that all my guests are comfortable and they are enjoying their stay in Rome in a clean and safe environment.

But I am also a bit sad to see that you wrote about some negative aspects, that never other guests encountered, as you can see from all the excellent previous reviews.

-First I need to point out that all our bed’s mattress are made in Italy high quality for hotels and there are all brand new.
-Second all the guests enjoyed my fresh made breakfast served at the time they want. Regarding the coffee, it is too bad that you did not enjoy it because it is a Lavazza espresso coffee, one of the best coffee you can find in Italy. If you told me you didn’t like the breakfast I could prepare you something different.

Thank you again for writing a balanced review for future travelers. I know I cannot please 100% of my guests with everything, but I always do try to do my best.

Isabella,
B&B Smart Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Athens, Greece
Reviewed November 22, 2012

The room was cosy and very clean. The location is near Termini and very easy and quick to find. It is also a walking distance from the main sightseeings - e.g. 15 min. walking from Spanish Steps or 20 min. from Pantheon. The only disadvantage was the external bathroom, but it was very clean and spacious.

Room Tip: Ask for the bathroom to be next to your room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed November 6, 2012

B&B smart is a nice little accommodation managed by a very friendly and helpful couple. Fifth floor with an elevator, breakfast served in room, clean and spacious room and bathroom, just 5 minutes walk from Termini and a tram stop just in front of the door. The host helped us to find our next accommodation in Rome too. Highly recommended, great value for money.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I am from Houston. This passed October, my wife and I visited Rome. We stayed B&B Smart for a few days. I loved this B&B. It locates a few minutes walk from Rome's central train station. The train station also is the center of city subway and buses. This really help us to go out to visit museums or try to find our way back after a long day walk. This B&B rooms are large and clean. Breakfast is nice. The host Isabelle is really helpful and very good English. Overall, it really exceed my expectations. Highly recommend!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank John_from_Houston_88
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We had wanted to stay at B&B Smart after reading the good reviews, only to realise all the rooms were booked during our period of travel to Rome. I'd like to place on record my thanks to Isabella, who took it upon herself to recommend us to another B&B (C. Amicizia) managed by a friend and which shared the same central location. We had some hiccups on arrival which saw our schedule being set back by several hours and in spite of all, Isa and her friend were most accommodating and understanding of the situation, and took it in their stride to ensure we settled in comfortably. Excellent customer experience!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed October 19, 2012

B&B Smart is not a luxury B&B by any means. It is what one might consider basic by American/Canadian standards, but everything one could ever need is provided - a private bathroom with a shower and tub, a comfortable bed, and a healthy portion of breakfast to get one started every morning. It is in a very charming apartment building within a short walk/metro/bus ride to all major sights in Rome and is about a 5-minute walk from the Termini Station. If you are looking for slippers, robes, and Egyptian cotton linen, look elsewhere. However, if what you are after is a place to stay in a very convenient location that is run by a most gracious, genuine, and hard-working host who pretty much treats you like family, let this be your B&B of choice.

Tip: From FCO airport, rather than taking Leonardo Express to Termini for 15 EUR, take the TAM bus for 4 EUR.

Room Tip: The room that has does not have the ensuite faces Via Farini. It could get loud if the window is le...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank trish72
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed October 17, 2012

From being met at the 5th floor lift lobby at 22:00pm, to breakfast delivered with a smile next morning at 06:30 and, finally, being offered an umbrella as I left for the 5 minute walk to Roma Termini in a thunderstorm at 07:00, this cute, clean B&B (with large rooms) exceeded my expectations. After years of 4 and 5 star fake smiles and blandness, this place was a welcome, cheerful reality check. Loved it!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo