Il Palazzetto
$338
$286
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewshassler hoteloverlooking the spanish stepsterrace barsister hotelperfect locationrooms are spacioussmall hotelvisiting romechurchluxurypiazzaromanmarbleannexbathtubsightsmetro
Reviewed August 3, 2007

this is part of The Hassler at half the price
only 4 rooms
we stayed in one facing the spanish steps
not at all noisy - great soundproofing
beautiful room - toileteries own Hassler brand - gorgeous !
wonderful luxurious bed, big tv with lots of channels, fluffy bathrobes and towels, there is a terrace that we didnt get to use as we only stayed overnight but it would have been lovely to have a drink in the evening and look out ....
the staff were friendly and efficient and recommended a fabulous restaurant within walking distance.
the location was perfect right next to metro station of espagna and the designer shops .........
breakfast was at the Hassler just off the foyer as the breakfast room wasnt open yet but it was outstanding...at 6am as arranged "breakfast in a box."..this had everything and I do mean everything you could want except hot food....even great espresso coffee ! Nothing was too much trouble.
The staff were very courteous and nothing was too much trouble.
great value and really it felt like our own apartment yet we had access to one of the best hotels in Roma.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 24, 2007

We loved this hotel! Its affiliation with the Hassler makes it all the more superb! The people at both the Hassler and the Palazetto were great! Very friendly and knowledgeable about where to go and what restuarants to go to. The room was the best room I had ever seen/stayed in in Europe. We would definitely stay here again the next time we are in Rome.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2007

I found Il Palazzetto online however, they do not have online booking. I was uncomfortable putting my credit card information in an email, so I had to call Italy to make my reservation. Unlike other hotels, this hotel has a 3 week cancellation policy.

I agree with everything I have read on this site....the rooms are spacious, beautifully decorated and the breakfasts are delicious. The problem I had with the place was the entrance. It's on the side of the Spanish Steps and is actually the entrance to the restaurant. You need to walk through the restaurant to get to our room. At night when the restaurant is closed, there are people still hanging around the entrance. You must ring an intercom to get in. I didn't really feel that safe. Luckily, I was only staying one night and my room was not on the main floor.

This hotel is tough to rate. It has all the amenities, is in a great location but the ackwardness of the entrance, the noise and the unsavory peddlers will make me think twice about this hotel for my next visit to Rome

BTW, the bellhop took a very long time to get our bags from our room to the cab waiting infront of The Hassler. Good thing our flight was delayed!

Stayed: June 2007
2  Thank LIZNewYork
Reviewed May 19, 2007

Throughout our 3 week honeymoon in Italy, Il Palazzetto was definitely one of the highlights! The room had every modern amenity, an amazing view of the Spanish Steps, and the staff were exceptionally kind and helpful. We purchased their honeymoon package,
which included two nights in the hotel, two breakfasts at the Hassler
and a dinner at the Il Palazzetto restaurant. Everything was beyond perfect and it made leaving Italy so much harder to do.

My husband and I even cancelled one night of our dinner reservations just to stop at a carry-out place and get paninis and dessert and sit on the terrace and relax. The hotel provided a complimentary bottle of wine in honor of our wedding, which we enjoyed. The terrace view is so amazing that there was no need to leave the property!

I would never stay anywhere else when visiting Rome again!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank EMSMSM
Reviewed April 30, 2007

I stayed at il Palazzetto for 3 nights with my boyfriend. I was a little nervous that the hotel wouldn't live up to the price tag, but it did in every respect. The room was big, with a wonderful bathroom. The whole thing was done in neutrals, which was elegant without being boring. The location was perfect. Our room had a lovely view of the Spanish Steps. Noise wasn't an issue though since they had some amazingly light- and sound-proof shutters. They were so good that the first morning I woke up and thought it was still night even though it was 9am! The front desk staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. We sat on the terrace one afternoon and had a wonderful cheese plate and bottle of wine, enjoying the view over the steps and the sunshine. An unexpected bonus was the inclusion of the breakfast at the Hassler. This was hands-down the best breakfast i have ever had at a hotel, it was really a wonderful way to start the day! Rome is an expensive city to stay in from what I have gathered, and taking that into account I think il Palazzetto is a great find!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple