Il Palazzetto
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Hotel Scalinata di Spagna(Rome)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshassler hoteloverlooking the spanish stepsterrace barsister hotelperfect locationrooms are spacioussmall hotelvisiting romechurchluxurypiazzaromanmarbleannexbathtubsightsmetro
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed here in August 2005 when the place just opened. We fell for it then, and continue to do so each time we visit Rome. The quality and price, plus location, is really affordable when weighing the price and benefits. The use of the Hassler facilities was an excellent bonus.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mrmnypny
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Nice view, but obviously one I these places that can't even do a cappuccino correctly, after sending the first (cold one) back we got one round without any actual coffe in it, only milk. Didn't take our complaints professionally, just looked irritated. Wouldn't go back for anything but a beer, that's kinda hard to fail with. Beautiful views )

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank 701,124
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I mean it....It feels just like stepping into a scene from the classic Roman Spring of Mrs. Stone....I was given a private tour of this little gem...entering through an iron gate at the top of the Spanish Steps and the location just doesn't get any better than this in Rome! There were multiple levels of terraces and the gorgeous iron spiral staircase was the centerpiece of the interior. The intimacy you feel inside transports you to another century when a noble family lived in these rooms.
I love that Roberto Wirth, owner of the famed Hassler Hotel just steps away, bought this little palace and has turned it into such a cool place for drinks and people watching, even if you are not staying there. The rooms are elegantly appointed and inviting. Breakfast is included at the Hassler, too.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank MilkmaidTS
Reviewed June 19, 2012

The location is excellent. That being said the hotel is neither fish nor fowl. Not really a hotel, not really a bed and breakfast. Almost luxurious, but you are not really in a palazzo as the name implies because the only room you can use in the building is your room, unless you want to sit in an outdoor, smoke-filled roof top bar. It must be truly clastrophobic in bad weather. There is no place to hang out as they have closed the parlor and the dining room. Our room had a very bad odor, as another guest on Trip Advisor has said, " it smelled like a dirty diaper." I pointed it out several times, got a smile and some laughs by the staff and some muttering about airing it out. In desperation I asked for a room spray which I used everytime I came in the room. The breakfast at the Hassler was okay, but not up to the standards of other 5 star hotels that I have stayed at in Italy. Would not recommend it to my friends. It may be cheaper than the Hassler, but all in all I found Il Palazzetto a hassle.

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank roamerNewYorkCity
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We only had a drink in this perfect terrace bar overlooking the mayhem of the Spanish Steps. Impeccable service - an abolute delight!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple