Lowest prices for your stay
$71
Hotels.com$71
Priceline$60
Travelocity$71
1,015 results
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 4, 2016 via mobile

This spot is nothing fancy, but certainly fits the bill for convenience & hospitality. Only 3.5 blocks from the main train station & Metro, you can get anywhere from here. There are nice restaurants nearby. The staff was very friendly, funny & helpful. The elevator is small-only fits 3 people-otherwise, there are stairs to go up. Our room was on the fifth floor & we had a lovely window from which we could hear the street scene going on. If you go to bed early & have a difficult time falling asleep, this wouldn't be the best for you. After reading previous reviews, we got to breakfast fairly early and had our choice of cheeses, yogurt, fruit and pastries. Don't expect bacon, eggs and waffles- this is Europe, after all! Our room was small, but fine for two friends and it was very clean.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Chris L
Reviewed September 4, 2016 via mobile

This hotel is a three stars hotel , quite confortable, situated very close the Termini station and Santa Maria Maggiore Cathedral in Rome, in a lively street, full of hotels and terraces . We went everywhere on foot - about 30 minutes to Spanish steps and the famous Fontana Trevi and less time to Collosseum . The room was pretty good even if the safe was not functional and the TV set was small and it seemed little old. What I didn't like was breakfast. Not only that we didn't have much to choose, but the food, especially the cheese and meat, seemed as if they had been there for some time, and I don't mean minutes. Not to mention that they had no fruits and the coffee way pretty bad. And another big minus, the biggest in my opinion : the staff that work here. Everybody was sad ( the men from the reception, not the woman ), the young girl from the breakfast room and the maids ), even their professional smiles felt like a fake, and they behaved as if the tourists disturbed them. In conclusion it is a pity that an acceptable accomodation is spoilt by their impersonal staff and a breakfast that could be improved with a minimum effort and a small amount of money.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 554amalia
Reviewed August 30, 2016

Firstly the day time receptionist is a dear sweet kind man who cannot do enough to help you . Thank you Marco for the good morning kiss I really appreciated it....
The hotel is spotlessly clean , there was not even a water spot anywhere in the bathroom , its not a new bathroom , but its the cleanest bathroom in Rome ..congratulations Hotel Serena you win my personal first prize for the cleanest bathroom in Rome ...,as well as the cleanest budget hotel in Rome !. Then the price at 90 euros was a bargain . Sure its old fashioned and quite nicely so , the birdcage lift is a feature I hope they never change . the breakfast is just fine and very relevant to the price . I think its amazing that its included. The young lady in the breakfast room was the nicest person as well.
I was brought to this hotel by my good friend , who has stayed here a few times and recommended it to all our Australian friends ... The location is a bit shabby , its near the station , but its really handy because the bus terminal is there , so you can get to anywhere in Rome from this spot . More importantly , you can get back to the station from most places very easily. I have stayed in numerous hotels in Rome , from cheap to very expensive ...As a value for money hotel this is now my new number one place to stay in rome . Looking forward to my next hug and kiss from Marco when next in town.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 25, 2016 via mobile

The hotel is centrally located couple of blocks from Rome Termini Station, buses and trolley. The area is a bit noisy at night since its location is surrounded by restaurants in the area. The triple rooms are not too spacey but defitnetely clean. It is hard to move around when there are more than 2 people. The bathroom was very clean and small but updated. My
delight was the really old fashion charming metal elevator. There is a free-of-charge safe in the room you can use.
Breakfast was very continental. Didn't have much of a variety to choose from, The bread hard as a rock but I observed most restaurant serves dry hard bread. Marco at the reception was very funny and pleasant.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2016 via mobile

Hotel can be reached walking from termini station. It is located in a nice street surrounded by multiple cafe. The staff attitude must be more professional. The hotel lift is from old times!! The room was big and clean. The breakfast is very poor.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple