“Very nice hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1,103 of 1,292 Hotels in Rome
Petach Tikva, Israel
“Very nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

Well, I read all that being writen here about this hotel, and it seems that some just got over expected.

The hotel is nice. The huge benefit is the price & the transportion. The hotel is very close to Pyramid metro station (2 stations down to Coloseo in line B) and close to Ostiense train station, which give you a direct line to the airport. It also very clean place, got air conditioner, a safe (which I wouldnt trust on) and an elevator.

The weakness is that is not in the center of Rome and the close to the railroad.

If you ask me, I had a 3rd floor room, and I almost didn't here the train. The window was usualy close cause of the air conditioner and the sound not that loud. You can also pay a little more and get the room on the other side.

So, if you ask me the only problem in my opinion is that it not in the center of Rome, and Rome is a little scary place to go by yourself at night, so I actually almost didn't enjoy Rome in night.

Ofcourse, there are places near the hotel - There is a very good Pizza on the main road, on your left facing the Pyramid station. The crew of the hotel was very kind and it was a very pleasure stay for me.

Despite of "Rome in night", I truly recomend on this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Segmany

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Greek first
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2010

We stayed in April 2009. The hotel was fairly easy to find but not in a very nice neighbourhood. I wouldn't stay around here again. Everything was fine when we checked in. When we went to our room I thought how considerate it was that they give you earplugs (I'm a very light sleeper and sleep with earplugs at the best of times). When I opened the curtains to look out the window - BAM, train tracks! Holy cow, no wonder they give you earplugs. The trains are so noisy, there is so many tracks. We just laughed, what else could we do! The room itself was fine really. Reasonably clean and enough room with a little bar fridge to keep our water cool.
There was also a little Italian restaurant just down the road (I forget the road, but it's the main road between the hotel and the Pyramide train station), opposite side of the road to the train station. It doesn't have a sign out the front, but it's run by an Italian girl and her boyfriend and mother work there. It was excellent, we went back a second night. The food was beautiful and she gave us free dessert which was a speciality and absolutely delicious, and also a free glass of wine. She was so welcoming and friendly.
I wouldn't stay in the area again, but it was okay for our first time to Rome. The trains were easy to navigate and get around the city to all the sights etc from the hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank fawky

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels

Long Island, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2010

I found this hotel to be very accomodating. It wasn't in the best location, but my son who is going to school in Rome lives a block away. Comfortable and clean, but no screens in the windows.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank MBA722
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2010

We booked this hotel over Easter weekend, last minute, and ended up paying 100 euro a night. I am SURE that you can find better hotels in Rome for that much under normal circumstances. It's very basic.
Positives:
- It's near the metro station. About a 10 euro cab ride from Campo Dei Fiori (where a lot of bars are).
- The staff is really nice and helpful.
- The beds are comfortable.
- Yes, you open your window and you can see the train tracks, but the train noise actually didn't bother us that much. I can't imagine it would be a problem unless you stayed in the hotel during the day. They also give you earplugs.

Negatives -
- Not much of anything near the hotel.
- ASK FOR A ROOM WITH A BATH. We got a "shower" room so there was a curtain and a drain in the floor, which, needless to say, means we had a flooded bathroom most of the time.
- Our air conditioner made a lot of noise.
- Mosquitoes (I think this would be a problem anywhere though)

I mean, it was fine, I would say it was below average for a normal hotel, but it was definitely decent.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2009

My first experience with a European hotel and I was very pleased. It was clean, the staff friendly, and in a great location. 5 minutes walk from the metro and the same for the train to the airport. My travel was over the Thanksgiving holiday and I paid 74euro per night with breakfast included. There is wireless internet in the lobby and my room had Sky satellite TV. Don't forget to pick up your TV remote from the front desk. The only downside was that the beds were not very comfortable. The metro is right next door and I did know when the trains passed but it wasn't bothersome.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank SandyandLenny
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2009

The hotel is in a very central position and very well connected to all the main sites.
It is also well connceted to Fiumicino Airport and all the train stations.
The service is very good and the receptionists are very friendly and helpful (btw, there is a proper reception area). WIFI is available for free.
The rooms are not big, but they are a standard size in Italy (you need sleep in the room, not have a party any way). They are clean and do not miss anything essential.
It is very good value for money.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ivnmad
reading
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2009

nice room, superb location, good breakfast, clean toilets, for the price it was great, except that u could hear the noise from the high speed trains coz the hotel is next 2 the train tracks
couldnt sleep well coz of that
theres free internet in the lobby n the staff r very nice

• Liked — food, location
  • Disliked — noise
  • Stayed May 2009
      Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)