“Good hotel, especially for Italy.”

Idea Hotel Roma Nomentana
Ranked #1,046 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Stayed on a contiki tour December 2013. We were warned about the general rubbishness of Italian hotels but was pleasantly surprised by this one.

Had a double room which had a very comfy queen bed, clean and updated bathroom with shower over tub. Bathroom also had retractable clothes lines so you could wash and hang a few things if you wished.

Breakfast standard continental style for Europe. Nothing hot but this is standard across the continent.

Only gripe was the thermostat. In the middle of winter it was very hot in the room and had to figure out the old fashioned oil wall heater as no instructions provided in the room. Even after turning it off it was very warm so had to crack a window overnight to let cool air in.

Very far out of town and minimal public transport. Closest metro station is a good 20 to 30 minute walk down the road. However, a fellow traveller claimed they managed to get a cab home all the way from the colosseum mid afternoon for 15 euro. Who knows!

Very comfortable room though location is not great.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Traveled to this hotel as part of a contiki tour. On arrival to our room we realized that we had received a single room (another guy on the trip who was travelling solo got the same room type). When we questioned the front desk about this, they said that this was an "European style" double room where the beds are smaller. Luckily we were able to swap rooms around with people as we were in a large group and after a lot of mucking around we finally were in a proper double room. The room wasn't too bad but the service was appalling. It is also very far from town (about 20 minutes). Would not stay here again

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Although it seems to be a good hotel with its large rooms and bathrooms, it is a bit far from the city, quiet area, not anybody around the reception after midnight, not very safe, Get off at the the last stop of Rebibbia metro line. Then catch the bus outside on the right side of metro. If you can't, walk some around 1,7 km. to the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two nights at the end of a 14 day trip to Italy. This hotel was the only hotel I had problems with. During my stay at this hotel one of the friends on the trip with me was harassed by a group of men also staying in the hotel. The men were then seen trying to use their hotel room keys to try and get into our rooms. I understand the hotel is not at fault for this but the way they handled the situation was horrendous. When confronting the front desk with the problem they claimed they "did not see any men" so would not help us and were then seen joking with the men. The second locks on the room doors did not work so we did not feel safe going to sleep in this hotel. Lastly to top off a wonderful time at this hotel when we returned to our room after a day in Rome our suitcases had been rifled through. Do not stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dawn O
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Horrible Hotel.
Far from the city.
Pathetic / non existent customer service.
Terrible breakfast.
Rooms furnished like a budget executive hostel. No dining options in the hotel or near by.
We stayed there for two nights in the 3rd week of August as a part of a tour and it was two nights too many. Not sure on what basis the hotel is given a 3 star rating - it is worth not even a single star rating. The staff at the check in were rude and uncaring.
In all the places, I have stayed in Europe, this hotel has the distinction of being the very worst.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank devbk
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed there for 4 nights. The rooms and price was quiet good but the only problem was it was far from the main attractions and also difficult to commute after 12 pm. No close by restaurants, but it has its own small restaurant.
Rooms were clean and well organized, the internet was not free and a bit expensive.

In total we liked the hotel if you are looking for a comfortable place but if you are mostly looking forward to go to the city early and planning for clubbing, then probably its not the best choice.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2013

It was last (4th) hotel during our (2 couples) 9 days Italy trip and with no doubs I (we) can say - it was the worst as well. We had been in so many places all around the Europe, and this kind of bad quality was met for the first time.
We checked in very late evenig after few days of extremely intensive sightseeing. What we saw was very disappointing.
Tired, we ordered cups of tea. 2 EURO EACH! What is more, barista was suprised that we did not had coins, and had extremely big problem to give me 2 euro of change.
Room smells of dump. Toilet smells of urine. Toilet sit was moving. Floor was dirty. There was no toilet paper. Shower curtain with mould.
When we tried to call reception - no one answered. Twice. My fiance had to go downstairs to tell about everything. Receptionist was suprised and looked "how dare you to interupt me". Receptionist told him to go to the public toilet and grab some toilet paper. I was so shocked!
I used to work for few year in hotels and for the first time I saw that kind of disrespect for customer. No sorry, no help, no anything.
When I asked for an area map (wanted to see, where am I and where is the nearst tube station), lady was suprised and told me, that all she can do is giving me Roma Centre map. And later on added - there is no Idea Hotel on the map. CUTE! This is what did I asked for...
My friends were flying next day in the morning to another destination, so we asked for early breakfast - some bread or anything. They could not do anything for us, because there was no breakfast staff (but kitchen was working all the time). I understand hotel policy about informing about early breakfast 24h before, but there was nothing about it on the website and in my opinion - making two sandwiches and tea is not too much. And do not buy there water - 2 EURO EACH small bottle!
On Thursday we were trying to find information about metro. Lady told us, that it runs from 5am and everything is running. Next day, we find out at metro station, there is stake! No one told us about it at reception of course. Only thanks to two kind Policemen we got to city centre by bus.
Breakfast was good. Maybe eggs were cold, and some kind of weird omllets as well, but the rest was pretty good. Oh, and horrible instant coffe.
Next days housekeeping was much better. Much cleaner, but still there was awful mould curtain in the bathroom.
I think, houskeeping ladies are doing their job well, but supervisor is lazy and does not check every day every room. If this person would check everything properly, there would be no dump smell and everything would be on its place.
I cannot imagine this curtain in any hotel, I worked for. Hotel can be cheap and low standard, but ALWAYS has to be shiny clean with kind, helpful staff. This one does not have any of these, which I am do really sorry for it.
I would not reccomend this hotel for anyone, who got used to good standard (even the cheapest hostel in Oslo was 100 times better that what we saw in Idea Hotel).

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends