“Horrible Hotel for the price” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Concorde

Hotel Concorde
Ranked #851 of 1,287 Hotels in Rome
Austin, TX
“Horrible Hotel for the price”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

We are not a couple that needs the best of everything so this review is coming from a pretty conservative perspective. I researched online for hours and read all the reviews and I am still baffled by how this hotel received good reviews. First we arrived and they put us in the room that had not even been cleaned.....so we put our stuff down and quickly left. The bed was two mattresses pushed together on a cot with no middle divider, the bathroom was tiny and you had to take a shower in between the toilet and the sink and the room was tiny. The walls are extremely thin and you can hear people talk and come in and out of their rooms at all hours of the night. After our first night we saw that they were cleaning out the room next to us which looked much nicer, we inquired if we could switch rooms at 10AM and they said, no they were booked full. Even when we said the next guest can simply have our room.....they conveniently didn't speak English at that point. Very disappointing in everything about this hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

After a mix up with my booked hotel I landed in Hotel Concorde. The employees were very kind. Breakfast was good. The hotel room was simple, but clean and noise free.

A fine hotel if you want to visit rome and only need a place to stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank IsabellaMartina
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2010

Forget staying in this hotel, dont even make a booking or you will be wrongly charged.I made a booking with booking.com for 2nd & 3rd April 2010. I cancelled the booking on 20th March. The policy said that I will not be charged if I cancel on or before 30th March.

Guess what, my credit card has been charged on 27th March with 98 euros !! and I have been frantically trying to get a reply from the hotel. If you value your hard earned money, dont even make a booking with this hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels

Paoli, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2007

I find some of the former reviews to be unfair. The area around Termini station is not the most upscale, but it is not dangerous and for a lot of us who are in Rome for a limited time, the convenience of being near Termini is huge in terms of efficiency. The Concorde is a couple of floors of a high rise building but many, many hotels that handle tourists in Rome are the same, in fact it is typical to find 3 or 4 hotels in the same building, just different floors. This hotel is quite clean, you can absolutely come and go at any time and so what if you have to ring a bell to get the attendant in the middle of the night? That is most small hotels in Europe. If you want American hotels then stay in America, this is Europe and things are different, not necessarily worse but different. Criticizing this is unfair. Breakfast was better than most Rome hotel breakfasts and coffee/roll etc is typical breakfast in Rome for any hotel. And it is good and served with a smile. As for carrying luggage up the stairs, there is an elevator, you just might have to wait for it some, so what? To me, it is clean, central, comfortable, I was treated well, it is not unsafe, it is fine. I was traveling with my kids and they liked it, I never felt they were unsafe, but then again I didn't have them out walking around in the middle of the night. You do have to watch the pickpockets here, even more than elsewhere in Rome, which is famous for pickpockets...watch the little kids, that is who does it.

• Liked — clean, convenient
  • Disliked — area is a little seedy but not dangerous
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hampshire, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2006

We ended up at the Concorde Hotel unexpectedly, after a mistake by our travel agent meant that we arrived in Rome at 7 in the evening with no hotel to go to! So, I suppose we were grateful for whatever we could get. We were in a little room on the top floor. It was quite small and basic, but clean and it had an ensuite wetroom. We found that we could walk to all the major sights from the hotel without the need for taxis or public transport. All in all we had an enjoyable time and thought the hotel was good value for money, especially as it was so near to all the major sights. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed September 2003, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
2 Thank Jandor
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2006

I stayed at the Concorde Hotel with 39 other students (aged between 13 and 17), and 5 members of staff, and although the hotel is not the most easily accessible (yes, it is located on the 5th and 6th floors), most of us students carried our luggage up all 6 flights of stairs, with our only complaint being that the teachers insisted that they used the lift most of the time! And the fact that the hotel did not serve breakfast but directed us to a cafe waas actually very nice, as it meant we could be up and out much more quickly without having to go back to our rooms to collect items for the day etc.
Considering the size and ages of our group, I felt that Hotel Concorde received us very well, as it is difficult to have that many children running around and being noisy (which many of our group were). Many hotels do not accept school groups, and I think that although the hotel is not the best furnished or air-conditioned, its attitude to any problems was amazing considering the strain we put them under.

• Stayed February 2006
1 Thank jadeforester
pakistan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2005

the photo provided by web were not representative. It was not a true hotel but two top floors of the building (5th and 6th). The elevator goes to 5th floor and not to the 6th. I had to lift all my laugage to the 6th floor by myself. No porter help whatsoever. Air conditioner was not working which was complained from the begining. No one lissened and rectified the problem. Finally they told me that open up the window, spent night and go away in the morning. They were also insisted me too much to leave the room very early. The attitude was very bad and the night reception staff was extremely ill mannered and insulted me. For the breakfast they send us to a bar, at a little distance from the hotel which served very very small breakfast. Very poor bedding and TV. Room very small and Roof slanting to one side. One can easily hit his head if not careful. This was my first trip to Rome and I was so diappointed in only one day and with the attitude of Rome people that I may not even go to Rome again or atleast never stay at this hotel.
Iam not a fussy guy. Iam a frequent traveller and this is my first and worst experience.

• Stayed September 2005