Quality Hotel Rouge et Noir Roma
$537
$298
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori(Rome)
$248
Hotel Morgana(Rome)(Great Value!)
$202
$137
1,064 results
All reviewspool closesmorning and eveningeuros per personeggs and baconcouple of nightsclean hotelcity breakmain attractionspizzeria
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We went to Europe for the first time 4/27/12 - 5/12/12 booked through our local travel agent using Delta Vacations. (We used Delta for our Jamaica trip 2011). We went from London to Paris to Rome to Frankfurt. Loved our hotel in London and Paris but I literally cried when we got to The "Quality" Inn Rouge et Noir (4 night stay)....I called my travel agent back in the states as soon as we got in the room. The exterior is frightening with graffiti all through the neighborhood and on the hotel fencing, weeds filled the landscape including the planters and pots up at the front of the hotel, and the surrounding businesses had barbed wire fencing. NOT a comforting feeling at all. The interior is old and the furnishings appear from 1960 and the top of mattress was about 14 inches from floor (see pic). They only gave us one door key, which you had to leave in the wall switch to have lights work (pic). Our glass patio door was off track so it had a 1 inch gap letting mosquitoes in. We told the front desk, they NEVER attempted to come fix it. The first night, we had ANTS congregate in the bathroom, and there were about 10 blood stains on the ceilings and walls where previous people had killed mosquitoes or other insects. GROSS!!!!!!!!! The ONLY benefit to this hotel is the cheap shuttle to the tourist areas (which you NEED because it's so far out of town, it's ridiculous) I would pay double the price of this hotel to get something within walking distance of the tourist areas. Honestly, the only way I could wrap my head around this hotel experience is to pretend I was on a missions’ trip. The onsite restaurant was expensive and the food is lacking. Breakfast was the worst! They clearly DON'T have a clue what an "American" breakfast is......so don't call it that.......So disappointed!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: did not go exploring other rooms but the entire area of town this hotel is in has nothing to look at.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank xcathyx
Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

Wifi isn't free, rooms aren't confortable and clean

Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

After reading reviews on here I was getting very worried about this hotel leading up to the trip!
Two downsides to this hotel are 1. The location and 2 the restaurant.
however, the location is over come by the fact that the hotel runs a shuttle service into the centre of the city for 3 euros per person. It runs three times a day into the city and three times back to the hotel.
Although I didn't personally like the hotel restaurant that not to say others won't, plus there are thousands of restaurants and cafe's in the city so why not explore those?
Other reviews stated that the hotel wasn't clean and that it was tired looking etc, I found the hotel perfectly clean and felt that housekeeping did a brilliant job! Most hotels will clean around your stuff but here they neatened everything up too and made the room look lovely after myself and my friend left the room as if a bomb ha hit it!
Yes, there may be the odd stain on the carpet or the odd rip in the wall paper, but what do you expect for a budget hotel? And do you really think they'd redecorate for something so small, if the decor was falling to pieces and the place looked trashy then fair enough but it doesn't and I think people really expect a palace for a pittance!
Realistically on a city break, what do you use the room for? To sleep and shower, and it's perfectly adequate for those purposes! If you're going to go all the way to Rome and waste your time sitting in your hotel room all day and are an extremely fussy person then chose another hotel. Otherwise, I'd recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2012
4  Thank Sydney200
Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

After reading the reviews on here I have to say I was nervous about visiting this hotel. I bought a deal from Groupon as a cheap honeymoon for myself and my hubby. Upon arrival the receptionist spoke better English than I did Italian and booked us in with no problems. The room was clean and fairly modern with a large bed. If you have stayed in a Travelodge then this is an equivalent. The rooms have plenty of clean towels which are changed everyday. Breakfast is; bread, cheese, ham, cornflakes, croissants, tea and coffee. I personally think €6 each is a bit expensive for what you get and we tended to wait until we arrived in the centre to grab something there. On an evening you are not stuck to eat at the Hotel, from the main road of the hotel there are two lovely places we ate at, one is a pizzeria and the other offers pizza, pasta and meat dishes. The pizzeria is to the right of the main road and the other restaurant is to the left (towards the bus stop) both very reasonable, very good food and English speaking waiters. The shuttle bus service leaves the hotel for the city 7:45am 9:30am then 19:00pm. My opinion on the shuttle bus is at €3 each it is very cheap and brilliant for families or less confident travellers. If you are happy to travel on public transport and are happy to travel into the city yourself or have missed the shuttle bus then getting there is very easy. At the main road of the Hotel turn LEFT walk for about 2 minutes and look out for a large yellow post (like a lampost) this is the bus stop it will be on your LEFT, you can wait 2mins or 30mins there is no real timetable but we were never in any rush so didn't mind. You will need to get onto the Metro at Pietralata (get the free map from reception) the bus stops at the Panorama shopping centre you can't miss it, this is where you get on the Pietralata Metro. Buying your ticket from the machine is very easy as it is in English. The metro is only 2 lines A & B and very very easy to understand, from here you can travel to anywhere. We found it easier to get off at Termini (main station) and get a bus to all the attractions. Traveling back to the hotel from the city, when leaving Pietralata metro station take the right exit, keep right, the Panorama centre will be behind you on the right. You need to cross the road and take the 211 bus back to the Hotel. The bus journey to and from the Metro is only about 5 minutes. Hope this review helps in some way.

8  Thank paula l
Reviewed May 13, 2012

We initially got a deal on the Rouge et Noir through Groupon for 3 nights. We booked an additional night after our flights were changed at the last minute (no names but I am sure most of you can imagine who).

Firstly, the hotel is not the easiest to get to. The easiest metro train station stop is about 8 stops on the local bus which picks you up at the end of the road. The metro is then about another 15-20mins to the centre of Rome. Yes there were was a shuttle bus, but we didnt particular want to get up at 7am every morning to get it. The runs are not often enough to give you any flexibility. We did on the last night however use the bus to to get to the train station as as previous comments have commented, the driver was a great character.

Because of the very cheap deal we got we didnt expect the earth, and the hotel didn't disappoint. It is generally becoming run down and tired. We were travelling with another couple and both our rooms were in need of modernisation. They had damp stains to the walls, and stains to the carpet, we had a laminate floor with gaps in etc. The light to the balcony did not work, and the door to the balcony did not close properly. The room was not cleaned on the first night so we had to ask for it to be done. The plaster to the corridors was damaged in a large number of places which all added to the run down impression.

We were also disappointed that there were no tea or coffee making facilities in the room. A fairly basic provision in a 4 star hotel one would think.

It appeared that the breakfast provision was by an entirely separate company (a one man band), as you paid cash in hand to a gentleman who would tick you off the list. An all you could eat buffet sounds great however there was not much incentive to actually make the most of it. As others have commented the eggs like they were made with milk way past its sell by date. Ok I am being a little harsh here as the rest of the breakfast was ok to be fair (certainly not 4 star however) and for 6 euro (price seemed to change to 4.50 euro on certain days) was cheaper than the center cafes.

The reception area was very nice however and did create a good impression upon arrival. It was just a shame that when you got past it, everything else was 2 star at best.

As part of the deal we were supposed to get a complementary bottle of wine, which they forgot about and we had to remind them of. There is also a Tax on hotels in Rome that we were not aware of. We were surprised when checking out the asked for an additional 3 euros per person for each night we stayed. A four star hotel can apparently charge 3 euros, so it kind of became clear why the hotel was promoting itself as 4 stars.

Overall we felt that the Hotel was in need of a large amount modernisation, and not worthy of a 4 star rating. Yes we got the hotel for a good price for the 3 days (although we paid 80 euro for an additional night), but we were expecting more. Those stating this as good are clearly just referring to the Groupon deal and anyone paying 80-100 euro would be angry with the 4 star rating.

Room Tip: Find another hotel....
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple