“Not a 4-star quality hotel but an average bed & breaksfast”

Champagne Garden Hotel
Ranked #1,056 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed September 18, 2011

This hotel is overrated and overpriced. It isn't a 4-star quality hotel but an average bed and breaksfast... no more than that. The double room was clean but really small, it came with a safety box that didn't work, the TV was very small too and with few channels, the Internet connection (€ 10/24 hours) run always very low, making impossible to use Skype, and the bathroom ceiling had a bad-looking hole (for ventilation purposes, I guesss). Also, the bedroom didn't come with tea facilities, and the water available in the minifridge came at a very high price.

The breakfast was OK but not a 4-star quality one at any extent.

However, the location was great: close to Termini Station and the city center but in a quiet area. The receptionists were also very helpful.

I would recommend Champagne Garden but don't have great expectations based on what you read on its website. Otherwise, you're going to be disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank YAHP

Reviewed September 12, 2011

I was very lucky to find this hotel, within easy walking distance from the terminal. David at the reception desk was a great help for all things Roman, the room was comfortable and the breakfast was good. I look forward to staying here my next time in Rome...

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Ricardito85745
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We arrived in Rome & the apartment we had booked & paid for last Sept had not existed for the past 12 months "another story" We went to last minute rooms in termini & was assured by the receptionist that the above hotel was a good 4* hotel & at 160 euro a night we had no reason to doubt her!! Our room was small & dark you could not swing a cat there was a tiny fridge no tea & coffee plus a bath with a shower in it the bath was so high we would have needed steps to get in it. We decided not to stay & asked management for a refund for the room plus the 10 euro we paid for the internet.He flatly refused to give us either refund he said it was not possible - as for the 10 euro for the internet he told us to take 2 x beers from the mini bar "there was only one beer in it" We offered to pay for the first night but he would not budge. He rang the owner "not realizing my husband speaks Italian"!! he certainly wasn't on our side - after he told her we were going to report the situation she said no refund but suggested we go to their sister hotel in via Principe Amedeo where we could choose from 2 rooms - we chose the "suite" what a joke. We went to breakfast the first morning & it was so bad we did not go again. Our room was not cleaned in the 4 x nights we were there - on the first "afternoon" 4pm our bathroom was cleaned & the towels changed it was not cleaned again before we left. To top it all off someone at the first hotel broke the handle on my suitcase. We have been to Rome several times but this experience has put us off returning again " that's sad"
Valerie & Gidio

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TRAVELLERSPerthWA
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We were originally booked to stay at Hotel Prius but hey relocated us here due to their aircon not working. The hotel is close to Termini station which was great and our receptionist was lovely. Recommending a great place for dinner. The rooms have air conditioning, no free wifi and are all quite large and spacious. We were only here for one night and stayed in room 9. We unfortunately had a case of bed bugs where we couldn't sleep because of the itching and were bitten several times. Having to get an early flight the next morning made it all the worse. Not a great experience, but hopefully they
Can sort out the issue with the bed bugs

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank Janiero
Reviewed May 31, 2011

Conveniently located on a quiet street close to the bus terminal with excellent choice of nearby restaurants. Our rooms were small but very clean. The price was reasonable & included a continental breakfast with many choices. The desk clerks spoke good English & were very helpful. We definitely recommend this neat little hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Susan_Earl
Reviewed May 9, 2011

I did not plan to stay at this one, it was offered to my by the hotel reservations dest at the airport once my flight home was cancelled and I had to spend an extra 3 days in Rome.
The room (single) was small but clean (great decor). The bathroom was reasnoble. Breakfast was good, and the staff very helpfull (and spoke fluent english, unlike many other places in Rome). The internet was not free (5€ for 12 commulative hours), but was fast and there were no connectivity problems
I would certainlly recommend this one

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank rzg
Reviewed April 25, 2011

I booked a night with a sister hotel Hotel Champagne Park. Due to lack of wifi (however it was said to be there during my booking with Hotels.com) I was transfered to Hotel Champagne Garden which is on the other side of the Termini Station. The fact it is so closed to the station is probably the only good thing I can say about this place. The wifi is very expensive and must be paid separately on the top of the overpriced hotel room. The first room I was put in had a leaking radiator in the bathroom. A very rude receptionist refused to put me in another room unless he goes to the room and checks the leak. No apologies and after the inspection I was moved to a twin rather than a double room which I paid for. The floor in the bathroom of the new room was dirty and sticky. The walls in the room were dirty and seriously require a proper painting. I was afraid to complain as the receptionist was so rude already I did not want to end up with no accommodation in Rome at all. The room was overlooking something like a banquet hall from where, if I opened a window, someone could probably enter my room (fortunately they haven't had any events going on). The breakfast was poor and the coffee really disgusting.
I have been to better 3* hotels than this 4* one.

Avoid this place if you can!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo