I'll try and keep this concise. We stayed in the Al Colonnato di San Pietro - SUN space apartment.
1. All of the other reviews are correct in saying that Rosa is such a lovely woman who genuinely cares about her guests and her accommodation. Nothing is too much trouble for her. She was waiting for us when we arrived, helped us plan our stay, booked us in to tiny Italian restaurants we would never have known about if it wasn't for her, and even gave us a mobile to use in case we needed advice.
2. The apartment was spotless when we arrived, and is perfect for a short trip to the city. There are basic cooking facilities and the ensuite is to a very high standard. Another reviewer thought the bed was slightly firm - but we found it extremely comfortable. The fridge was fully stocked with all you need for breakfast and tea/coffee and there was ample bread, cereal, jams, biscuits etc. There is a small balcony, and very nice coffee shops and tavernas less than a 1 minute walk from the apartment.
3. The location is perfect. You are less than a 5 minute walk to St Peters, you will not find better than this.
4. The tariff is exceptionally reasonable for the service you receive, the quality of the apartment and location. The only problem we now have is that Rosa has set the bar very high and it will be hard to find comparable B&B's in other cities!
We will be recommending Al Colonnato di San Pietro to any friends or family planning to visit Rome.
Rosa thank you so much :-) Matt & Nora
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our B&B is found few meters from Plaza St. Pietro, very near to the Vatican Museums, The Sistine Chapel , Castel San' Angelo, also Piazza Navona, Trastevere and the whole Historical Center they are easily reached with brief walks. our rooms are provided with beds with mattresses and pillows in memory foam, warm and cold Conditioned Air, Satellite TV, Mini fridge, Safe and the Hair Dryer Every morning free Italian breakfast with all high quality products, The breakfast is served in room Upon request he B & B provides gluten free breakfast at an additional cost of 5€ per night In this area there are Restaurants, Trattorie typical of Roman cuisine, In the B&B it is no smoking Our rooms overlooking the Aurelie Walls are quiet From the windows you can enjoy the view of the walls and the gardens located inside them Bus lines connect the zone with the rest of the city. In the B&B there is a free WI-FI Internet signal Come and see us, we will friends ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Al Colonnato di San Pietro Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Al Colonnato Di San Pietro Hotel Rome
- Al Colonnato Di San Pietro b&b