Upon arrival around 8.30pm (an hour late due to waiting for baggage!) Rosa Maria greeted us with the warmest welcome anyone could wish for. We had booked a driver to pick us up & drop us off at the airport which we would highly recommend.
She showed us to our room, brought us a drink and proceeded to tell us about the property, where is good to go for dinner (we wanted somewhere close by since we were quite late & tired from travelling for most of the day), told us about transport in the city, asked us our breakfast preferences and suggested some activites during our stay. The fact that she wasn't bothered that we were late or was rushing to get home made us feel truly welcomed, something you almost never get in a regular hotel or most B&B's we've stayed in.
The breakfast, brought to us by Rosa Maria's assistant, was beautiful, we didn't have particularly high expectations, but it certainly got our days off to a wonderful start and kept us going! The selection was excellent and varied slightly daily. She always had a smile and greeted us like long lost friends! Rosa was there on our first morning & advised us on where to go (with the help of our massive map!) and where wasn't a particular tourist spot.
We could not fault our stay in any way. Our room was spotless, had just the right amount of storage, a reasonable view from the window, extremely comfy bed & perfectly equipped bathroom - they even said that the next time we visit they will provide us with a cot in the same room. Just to highlight how close it is to The Vatican & St. Peters Square, the day we left we had walked through the square, had a look around the castle & back to collect our belongings, when we left with Rosa Maria to meet our driver, we could not only see, but hear the Pope from his window!
We will most definitely be back in the future & have already recommended it to friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The B&B is located 100 metres away from Saint Peter's Cathedral.The flat which has been recently refurbished was designed by an excellent architect. The windows equipped with air gap glassess, the solid wooden furniture, the beds equipped with wired bed frames and orthopaedic mattresses, the anallergic fabrics, the safe, the minibar and the foldway tables, they make the really comforting B&B. Our rooms are no-smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire and Odigeo so you can book your Al Colonnato di San Pietro Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Al Colonnato Di San Pietro Hotel Rome
- Al Colonnato Di San Pietro b&b