“Home”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Monteverde
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Carolina and Jessy are such a lovely couple. They are amazing hosts and always receive you with a big smile. It is a great place to chill, do homework, meet new people and of course eat. They have delicious American breakfasts and sandwiches. The ambiance is very nice. Their home kitchen gives the final touch to the evenings with friends.

2  Thank LuzerimaR

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I used to live in NYC for a number of years. Every now and then I'd trek over to its famous Magnolia's Bakery and get in line for 30-60 minutes to get a box of their renowned cupcakes. I thought I'd have to travel 4,000 miles to have another such experience, but now all I have to do is walk 5 minutes from our abode in Rome.

Cupcake (and cake) favorites: pumpkin, carrot, red velvet... but... (drum roll) the very very best are the chocolate cupcakes with vanilla frosting. THESE are the ones that take me back to NYC. I wish they'd make them more often. It is nice though that the menu never gets old and is constantly changing according to the season.

This is a VERY nice place with tasty and simple food. The best part is the warm and welcoming atmosphere whether you are a regular or just stopping in for the first time. Cozy!

OH! And for those of you with wheat allergies (like my boys), they made a very special wheat-free birthday cake for my two year-old that tasted like a giant Oreo and was devoured by all.

Prima!

2  Thank Kaypee004
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Never had any special connection with US cuisine, but this is such a lovely little place, run by lovely people, serving lovely, simple food that makes you feel at home and tastes of love and care... perfect haven to find comfort against a bad mood or bad day, well worth the search for a parking space nearby if you are driving. Another slice of apple pie, please...

1  Thank ScaryItalian
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Definitely my favorite spot for a quick bite to eat for lunch or the BEST breakfast wraps of all time! The owners are so precious and always asking about my week and how things are going. I would definitely recommend the Pancakes and breakfast wrap early in the day and a toasted pb&j or chicken salad for lunch!!!

3  Thank Annie H
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Many places in Rome advertise "American sweets" and none of them actually measured up... till now. I heard about Homebaked- Grandma's Kitchen from some fellow Americans and decided to test it out. First off, the American coffee was GOOD! It wasn't watery brown water or Nescafe instant coffee, but real American style coffee. We had apple pie and blueberry pie and they were both excellent. I will definitely be going back to test out the rest of their items.

3  Thank Ro D