“Great hotel”
Review of Raganelli Hotel

Raganelli Hotel
Ranked #403 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We were on a class trip and stayed here for 3 nights. The hotel is very nice and updated, very modern. The room we were staying in was in the basement, however we got a good deal because the rooms in the basement were a lot nice than the other rooms. We originally were staying in a room that had a single bed and a double bed. (note that I was staying with 2 friends). The room was very nice, but our teacher who was rooming with her husband and daughter switched rooms so that we could have 3 single beds. The room we switched to had 3 single beds and all beds were comfortable. The room also included a TV, a desk, and 2 closets. The bathroom was very updated and modern, including a towel warming rack, two sinks, and a shower/tub that included jets, sprays, and two shower heads. Above one of the beds, and the toilet were two skylights (luckily they were frosted and tinted so no one could see through). The skylights had covers that were automatic, however the one over the bed was broken. (Room 705) One of the weirder things was that we had a window that opened up to a 3x3 area that looked like a shower, but it wasn't and had a grill on top so you could see out. Across from the window was another window that our friends were staying in. The roof of the hotel was quite nice, especially at night where our class hung out and talked before bed. The WiFi costs 20 euros for the whole visit and isn't very good in the basement, but quite good in the lobby. I believe it's about 6 euros a day. Breakfast included pastries, toast, yogurt, meat and cheese, and some drinks, including juice, coffee, and milk. The staff was very friendly. Overall I would say that our stay was very nice and enjoyable.

Room Tip: The basement rooms are a lot nicer, but the WiFi won't work well.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Raganelli Hotel

Reviewed March 6, 2014

We had to stay one night in Rome, on our way to a Family wedding at Mondragone, that evening we were meeting some friends from our hometown, so I needed to found an hotel not to far from the Vatican, not to price, but in decent conditions. I was not sure if I was able to find such a place, but then I found this gem. Excellent price for 4 adults, very clean, and very well equipped, the personal was excellent. On the price was included breakfast, and what breakfast that was. that alone would have justified stay in there.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Saverio G
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Groupon deal booked for 2 nights.

Pros:

Good value for money - room was in reasonable decoration and cleanliness

Reasonably located - some local shopping amenities nearby: tobacconist, grocery shop. Roughly a 10 min walk to the nearest Metro station Conelia.

Nice roof terrace at the top of the building with views across the city

Cons:

The hotel is located on a busy arterial road. With single glazed windows, the rush hour traffic outside is hard to ignore

No hot water the first morning - cold shower. Receptionist explained that the water 'would heat up again soon'. Second day - no problem with the hot water

Limited continental breakfast - would have been nice to have been able to have more hot food beside toast

Room Tip: Try to request that doesn't overlook the main road.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank black1e
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Everything about the hotel was fab! Don't take any notice of the pictures on here that look awful as it has been fully refurbished and the rooms are lovely! Very modern and always clean!! The bed was comfy and plenty of extra blankets etc! The bath plug wouldn't come out which was annoying but they sent someone to fix it when we asked! The staff are amazing! First thing they did was give us a map and tell us the best bus and metro stops to use!! That map was a lifesaver for out whole holiday! The staff helped with everything we asked! All very polite & helpful! The bars lovely too and nice for a night cap before bed!! I ordered prosecco to be in our room when we arrived and it was there chilled!! Lovely surprise for my partner!! The metro is about a 10 min walk from the hotel, however there is a bus stop directly outside the hotel which takes you to the metro. Overall experience excellent, for the price we paid off a wowcher deal. Would recommend.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Dottie644
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I initially booked this hotel via Wowcher, which was straight forward but after looking at the photos of the bedrooms I decided to contact the hotel to upgrade to a junior suite (explaining that it was my 1st wedding anniversary and my husbands birthday). When we arrived we were given a junior suite alright.. one double bed up a flight of stairs and two singles downstairs, which tbh wasn't my idea of a suite !!( and extra 30 euro per night, we stayed for three nights) However our bed was extremely comfy, plenty of pillows and blankets and the room very clean. The tv in the room was large with over 700 channels but nothing that we could understand! The bathroom was ok, a power shower which was lovely but too powerful for the shower door as the water leaked over the floor. Jacuzzi bath mediocre. Could not open the window in the room, but did have very modern electronic blinds. We were also looking forward to using the advertised fitness suite and sauna which was no longer there! why they have not updated the website is beyond me. The staff were lovely and very helpful which cannot be faulted. The buffet breakfast was shall I say plentiful if you love hi carb food and cakes and doughnuts . The journey to the tourist spots did take an age, by the time we clocked we needed to get metro./bus tickets from a local tabbachi , got the bus, then the metro most of the time was spent travelling. On the plus side we were given the password for the wifi without an extra charge. All in all it was not the romantic break that I had first thought and this hotel is definitely not a 4 star.. sorry raganelli but I will not be recommending it and we will not be using you again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank H00dy14
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

I would definitely recommend. There are some bad photos on here which admittedly put me off b4 going...but. it has all been refurbished and is in wonderful condition. The staff are all really nice and helpful. Excellent value for money as it is very cheap. Nice bar area but was a little quiet at the time of our stay...However I'm sure it would be busier during the major tourist season. I'd definitely go back!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank sarahC887XE
Reviewed January 27, 2014

The room was alright - not really 4 star though! A little bit of mould in the bathroom. Maid did an excellent job cleaning during the day. The staff were so helpful - really made a difference to our trip. The buffet breakfast was great - cheese, salami, croissants, doughnuts - filled us up until lunch anyway ! It is a 15/20 minute walk (or a 10 euro taxi) to the nearest metro - there is a bus but it didn't seem to come that often.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple