“Functional & Convenient for Domestic Airport”
Review of Meeting Hotel

Meeting Hotel
Ranked #764 of 1,259 Hotels in Rome
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Functional & Convenient for Domestic Airport”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Very near the Ciampino domestic airport …. It’s the second time I stayed here, last time was about 4 years ago.
I have no idea how much it costs as the client paid, but I would put it in the ‘budget’ category and so would expect it to be good value.
It’s not somewhere I would want to spend any more time than a sleepover, but fine for that.
My room (on the first floor) was accessed via a tiny lift – always a challenge when you have the amount of luggage that I do! The room was ‘compact’, but certainly not the smallest I’ve stayed in, and there was enough room to stash the luggage and be able to use the room sensibly.
The desk area was fine to work on one laptop, and 24 hours internet access was 10 Euros – it was also available in 1 and 4 hour packages and although I wasn’t there 24 hours, I wanted to have internet for the whole time, so that’s what I chose. It worked fine.
The room was a bit dark, but it did have a small fridge, so you could chill your own drinks and this also had a few basics in there! This is always useful. The bed was comfortable and it was all very clean.
The bathroom was tiny. Sitting on the toilet, my knees were under the actual sink – the two items were so close to each other – and I am 1.65 metres tall and weigh 45Kgs!!! I have no idea how large people would comfortably manage to use these facilities! (although they probably have larger rooms ?)
The shower was equally miniscule … but it all worked fine.
They had a really neat little overnight bag in the bathroom of all the essentials should you turn up without any … or having lost your luggage!
There was a small bar downstairs but I arrived too late for that and didn’t do breakfast in the morning as I worked right up to the time I needed to leave!
I would stay there again if I had an early flight or arrived late .. and it’s not a place I’d relax. Functional and convenient in certain specific circumstances I’d say is a good and fair description.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Anne Louise S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I booked a double room for two days in the Meeting Hotel (or Hotel Meeting) and I got my booking last minute in Agora.com and got a discount of 18%. For something of that value, the whole experience was not that bad. A particular receptionist made the experience worthwhile, as he was very friendly, approachable and made my visit to their hotel a great choice. The other staff, even though they have poor English skills, were also particularly hospitable. The room was definitely three-stared and the amenities are adequate. They have small drinks available inside the room and there are loads of choices (need to pay). Internet is also available, but not wifi (need to pay this service as well). They also have a bidet, and made it quite an experience for me who never used one in my life! Breakfast was also varied and full of choices, you wouldn't run out of options.

The downside would be the location. I made the horrible decision of thinking I would be close to the Metro (intra city train service) but the staff offered me free shuttle service to and from Anagnina station... which isn't too bad. Finding this place is also difficult as bus drivers and taxi drivers are unfamiliar with this place. Sleep quality is not that good as well especially if you are a light sleeper, as Hotel Meeting is in a close proximity to the airport (10-15 minutes by car).

I can't complain though. I got what I paid for.

Room Tip: Protip: 1. A change of dates from your original booking date would cost you an additional 45euros...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank heyalleen
Reviewed December 18, 2012

My letters, which I left at the reception never get my friends.... soooo do not do it....!!!!!
food was really good but small portions..
hotel is nice, pretty :-D
..and do not leave money anywhere... greatings from Croatia!!!!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Well here I go again writing another review, Ok I have been surprised by some of the things written about this hotel but here's my experience.

I should first state that I travel a LOT with my work so am better qualified to sort a good from a poor hotel rather than somebody who goes on a trip once a year.

The Hotel Meeting is ideally placed a few miles from the Airport at Ciampino, which during November is fairly quiet so it did not cause us any issues at all sleeping.

The Hotel is no more than 10 minutes from the last stop on the Metro Line and the free bus from the hotel drops you right at the Metro entrance. You can literally be in the City centre in 15 minutes so for me and my wife this was ideal as Rome to be honest is far too "Full ON" to stay in the City.

Like any Capital City in the Western World you really don’t want to be hanging around catching the last bus or train DO YOU so make sure you leave the City before the metro closes. The metro runs approximately every 7-10 minutes, from 5:30am until 11.30pm every day (until 0:30am on Saturdays)

The local area around the Hotel is an industrialised complex so don’t go expecting grassy walks in the park. That said we found an excellent place for food that we used on all five nights, again you can get the courtesy bus to a restaurant if that’s your thing but to be honest the simple rustic food available at the local cafe was very "Roman" and very nice and the people and staff made us very welcome.

The Hotel is very clean and well-appointed with nice rooms. As we stayed 5 days (over a weekend) we met about six or seven members of staff over the course of our stay and they were all very approachable, we had a tiny issue with a dog barking and told the duty manager who promptly sorted the issue (Maybe he shot the dog as we didn’t hear it again)

Breakfast was simple and was included in the hotel rate, there was plenty to eat and lots of variety.

I would recommend this hotel as a base to travel wider than ROME, It would be a huge mistake not to jump on a train and go to the coast at Nettuno or Anzio with all the historical importance that these beaches hold.

I booked direct with the Hotel and paid a lot less than some, so do email them for the best offers.

Don’t be put off by the location the Airport noise was not an issue and to be honest after being on a RYANAIR flight for two hours it was a relief to get into the room and get refreshed.

If you’re going to hire a car this Hotel is PERFECT, you can simply use it as a base to explore and return at night to sleep.

For a short break in Italy with easy access to Rome and the local area this Hotel is hard to beat at the price we paid

Room Tip: Book direct for the best prices I tried Late rooms and they could not compete
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Eric_Carter
Vilnius
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Location
Not far from Chiampino airport in Rome. It is probably the only advantage of this hotel. 'Not far' means something about 7 min by taxi (early in the morning when there's no traffic at all). However it takes something about an hour to get to the hotel from the center of Rome by public transport (20 min by metro and 10 min by bus - if it happens to arrive soon and you haven't to wait it (its timetable depends on week days- at worst it is once in an hour, best - 3 times an hour). It is situated near (or in) industrial zone so it is really not a very safe region at late evenings or at night. As soon as the airport is near you can enjoy a terrible noise of flying airplanes (it is really loud, believe me - especially at night), bypassing cars and barking dogs. Closing the window could help but only a little just because when you close it air conditioning starts working and its noise is also very loud (how old is the system, I wonder!). And we couldn't switch it off because we didn't find a remote control for it. And we did look very carefully, believe me.

Rooms
What I liked about the room that it was really clean. However, it was really small, and with green walls it was really depressive and nearly claustrophobic. There's a small refrigerator and TV. Actually it is definitely not a 3* room (max a 2*). There are payed satellite TV channels and Internet for 4 euro \ an hour

Actually we hadn't a chance to enjoy a breakfast there. We booked this room just to spend a night before an early flight (at 6 AM) and on phone we were told that a breakfast and hotel transfer was included in the price. A bit later we learned that as long as we leave very early (at 5AM) we could only have a coffee and brioche at the hotel bar. When we were leaving the hotel in the morning we GOT NOTHING.

Another funny thing was that only after we checked in and pay we were told that hotel transfer is possible only from 5.30AM and we were advised to take a taxi. Actually we insisted a bit and a driver took us from the hotel at 5.15 (it seems there were no clients leaving at 5.30=). When we checked out it turned out that a clerk forgot to take a city tax (2euro per person) and thanks God we hadn't had spent all our cash. And no one will help you with your luggage when you get into this 'hotel transfer mini bus' (the driver just sits and watch you trying open the door and working your luggage into the car).

Summary
I will never advise this hotel for your vacations in Rome. It is really not so easy to get to the city center from the hotel and back (especially if you are a planning a night out - metro works only until 9PM and you have to look for other options). The surroundings are really unsafe so it is not the right place for families with children. I could advise this hotel for staying 'a night before flight' but only if your another option is sleeping at the airport because other hotels are full.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank julia_juise

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels

Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed April 20, 2011

Hotel as itself is really nice (inside, of course :-)) It seems clean, modern, rooms are one of the best 3* standards I´ve ever seen. And that´s it. If I could value only the features of the hotel and the cleanless it will have 4,5/5.. But then the "problems" starts.

Location is not so good for those, who don´t have a car. We spent minimally 3 hours a day with traveling to the city, but that´s OK - we counted with this. What is worse is, that there are no restaurants, bars.. nothing around. Just small pizza fastfood opened untill 9 P.M. approximately 5 minutes by walk. When we booked this hotel, we checked reviews here saying there is no noise from the airport. That is not really true - we had a room on the upper floor and it didn´t mind if the windows are open or closed, the noise was terrible. After 2 days we made a game from this-counted 16 airplaines during the night :-)

Breakfast the first day was awesome - there was everything: bacon, eggs, sausages, ham, cheese, sweet cakes, frutis, cereals etc etc. Fantastic. But the second day there was only ham, cheese and sweet cakes. We thought, that the big group had eaten everything before us so we tryed to wake up the third day early before them and it was terrible.. There was nothing! Just sweets. I had to ask even for a bread and ham!! Maybe the had low budget because of the end of the week.. I don´t know :-)

As I said the rooms were OK - very good 3* standard. Only thing was the bed. We had 2 rooms, no one slept good - beds are tooooooooooo small (KGS bed approx. 140 cm?) And the pillows - second thing would have to be changed in this hotel...

So.. Not a bad hotel for a good price, but you have to count with lot of travelling, noise, poor breakfast.. It was our third time in Rome and know that next time rather somwhere else for more money :-)

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LuMartini
uk
Reviewed April 22, 2010

the hotel was clean tidy and moden for a three star hotel amazing there was english tv channels these inc;lude bbc world,simpsons fox

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rome
Palacavicchi Hotel
#2 of 6 in Ciampino
Hotel Jonico
Hotel Jonico
#727 of 1,259 in Rome

Been to Meeting Hotel? Share your experiences!