“Simple quality and originality”
Review of Luma Bistro

Luma Bistro
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Luma Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #336 of 12,676 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Prati
Reviewed June 9, 2014

About 90% of the restaurants in Rome, especially those catering to tourists are the same. Same menu, same service and same quality. None of those I visited this year were worthy of mention until today when I enjoyed a fantastic dinner with my partner. The chef Max has a simple approach. He buys the best fresh ingredients each day from the markets and prepares enough of what is in season to serve 50 guests. There apparently is a menu but I did not see it. Max told us what he was cooking and that was it. His veal meatballs were as good as I have ever had and the grilled swordfish was almost as good, cooked medium rare. The side dish of vegetables was a highlight not an extra, especially the stuffed zucchini. We finished off with a near perfect tiramisu and fresh cantaloupe.

I consider myself pretty knowledgeable about wine but I took the advice of Max's assistant on a bottle of white wine to match our food that I had never heard of and we were not disappointed.

All this for just over 50 euros. Great value for our most memorable meal in Rome.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Lovely little bistro near to our bed and breakfast - Quod Libet and recommended by our hosts. Very reasonable, excellent food and lovely service.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

We eat 2 times in this restaurant. Food was terrific (Pastas and Tiramisu). The service was very good also with a sympathetic smile.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Walking back from visiting the Vatican, with the imminent onset of heavy rain, we were fortunate to c0me across this fresh and friendly small place one block off the via Giulio Cesare. Just the right combo of fresh pasta and simple meat dishes, prepared in-house. The lady serving spoke good English, the owner (I think) was better in Italian, but was very friendly, recommending some seriously strong local artisan beer that we felt obliged to decline as it was a little early in the day. Clean toilet, with baby changer. The two of us both enjoyed pasta with zucchini and basil sauce/pesto primo (€5) followed by chicken strips with carrot salad (€6.5) , and tender beef strips served simply with a lemon half and garnish ($9.5). Peroni €3 for a 33cl bottle.

Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

Lovely place, does delicious homemade croissants and pastries. Ideal location, near to the metro station and close to st peters square.