“Excellent celebration in Rome”

Hotel Manfredi Suite in Rome
Ranked #30 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed February 3, 2010

My wife and me went to Rome, together with eleven friends, to celebrate a birthday. I had looked at different hotels through Internet (no hotel booking sites) and found hotel Manfredi to suite our needs. The presentation looked good but you can’t be sure that in reality everything is at it says. We booked the Margutta suite one superior room and the rest classic standard doubles.
I asked the hotel to do some preparation (flowers, welcome cards, welcome reception with snacks, sandwiches and so on).
I must say that the hotel looked as nice as in the description on Internet.
Or even nicer!
The location is on a quiet street close to the Spanish Steps. We walked from the hotel to the main attractions as Fontana di Trevi, Panteon, Colosseum, The Vatican, Campo di Fiori, and Piazza Navona. And the shopping streets were just outside the hotel.

The staff were very helpful, the service superb and everything was according to my wishes. Breakfast was very good, with fresh fruit and my wife specially loved their homemade yogurt. The Suite Margutta was fantastic; we loved every moment there. The classic standard doubles was small (what the heck, the similar rooms in New York are also small). All rooms were very well kept, perfect to the smallest details with superb design. We thought we stayed in a five star hotel. We stayed five nights in January 2010 and it was quite cold outside at night, but all the rooms had excellent heating. Hotel Manfredi occupies second and third floor of an old building with an charming old elevator. We all loved every minute of our stay.
All of us warmly recommend Hotel Manfredi!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
Giovanni A, Direttore at Hotel Manfredi Suite in Rome, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Dear Guest
thanks for choosing us and forgive me if I answer only now. We had problems with the main server.
Thank you so much for the about compliments. We tried to give you an emotion.
We tried to fulfill desires and make you happy and pleased us so much satisfaction.
I hope that we can see you again at Manfredi Hotel

There are newer reviews for Hotel Manfredi Suite in Rome

Reviewed January 18, 2010

Excellent situation. Almost noise free. Breakfast buffet excellent. Courteous staff. Clean rooms. A real find in Rome. (We researched for two weeks!)

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple

I hope that we can see you again at Manfredi Hotel

Reviewed January 5, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Manfredi in late October for five days and thoroughly enjoyed our experience. The location is perfect--close to many attractions, restaurants, the Metro but so very quiet. The staff is excellent, friendly and very, very helpful. The rooms are small but beautifully decorated and the breakfast well prepared and a very pleasant way to start the day.
The only downside we experienced was the noise of slamming doors in the breakfast area--an issue which should be easily fixed.
Picking the Manfredi was an excellent decision and a great way to start a vacation. No question that when back in Rome, we' stay again at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest
Via margutta that is quiet and is a pedestrian area so it's very quiet.
Thanks for the compliments on our staff is highly qualified and have understood the importance we have clients.
Our rooms and the bathrooms have been renovated and improved, so check back whenever you want.

Reviewed November 14, 2009

Walking distance to all great locations in Rome, quiet charming narrow via, galleries, top shopping around (condotti & all).

Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple

Tour of the area is very safe and under control as it is in the heart of Rome.
Our breakfast is homemade with biological material and in a few days will open the info point on one of the most beautiful streets of Rome: Via margutta that is quiet and is a pedestrian area so it's very quiet.
There are new features that you see on our web site. For exemple special offer.
Our staff is highly trained and always makes for refresher courses.

Reviewed October 13, 2009

Located on beautiful via margutta, this place is fantastic!! Can't say enough about the staff (say hi to Daniella for us!). Extremely helpful with tips on where to go to shop (that wouldn't break the bank!!) and the touristy stuff too. Location can't be beat, close to the Spanish Steps and walking distance to buses and taxi stands that will get you all over the city. Can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 8, 2009

Great hotel located close to the 7 steps. decor is flamboyant everything is red and gold, rooms are small but this is normal in Rome as space is at a premium. Satyed here several times for business, service is excellent and can recommend so great places. The hotel is small with few facilities but is cosy, charming and has excellent service. It is very expensive in peak season-september period and can get better for the price.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank adelenicola

Reviewed October 5, 2009

I stayed for one night (on business) at the Hotel Manfredi - 24th September 09.

I was pleasantly surprised by the helpful and friendly staff - this is not always the case in hotels I use in Italy.

The room was clean, quiet and modern, with everything at your fingertips. However, it was small. I had a double for single use which was perfect for one night, but I think I would have battled in the tiny bathroom for a longer period.

I had just arrived after staying in a 4* hotel in Florence and this hotel, rated as 3* was far superior.

The breakfast was excellent and the staff friendly and accommodating.

For a South African, it was not cheap, but the location was fantastic. I walked out the door and within minutes was at the Spanish Steps and the main shopping streets.

I understood from a staff member the hotel was really a 4*, but due to not having a restaurant, they were rated as 3*. There are also extra taxes involved the higher the rating of the hotel.

I would definitely stay again, but would try to do it in a lower season, as my rate for one person was high.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank GM2009Milano

Tour of the area is very safe and under control as it is in the heart of Rome.
There are new features that you see on our web site. For exemple special offer.
Our staff is highly trained and always makes for refresher courses.