“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #28 of 1,261 Hotels in Rome
Alberta
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My husband and I stayed here last week for five days. Perfect location - we walked everywhere!
Front desk and breakfast staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was small but we were out all day. Nice touch is the small pocket size guide to Rome the hotel gives to guests. We used it every day for our outings. Only thing I missed was tea-making facilities!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Giovanni A, Direttore at Hotel Manfredi Suite in Rome, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear Alberta
first of all I apologize for the delay in answer you but we had problems with the server. Everything in the room is finished and fine Italian craftsmanship. Breakfast is homemade and the advantage of being the center of Rome means to be near to cultural attraction, tourist and entertainment.
Giovanni Argentina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed August 22, 2011

It was my first time in Rome, and I was in charge of arranging my family's holiday there. I was quite nervous as to which hotel I would choose, as I had no expreience with any, nor did I know any locals. So, quite randomly I had decided on Hotel Manfredi.
Firstly, don't let the hotel front put you off. The taxi had dropped us off in a tiny street, to what had appeared to be 'Hotel Forte.' After a minute's lookaround, I had realised that Hotel Manfredi was located in the same building, but on the 3rd floor (Hotel Forter, with the bigger sign, was on the 1st Floor). The entrance you probably see in photos is the hotel front, but on the 3rd floor. After such a surprise, I was quite nervous with what I had gotten myself into.
So, into the charming European lift towards the 3rd floor, and now Hotel Manfredi is clearly marked. Immediately, the worker there was welcoming, and did not hesitate to try his English (by the way, it was perfectly good!).
After check in, we were introduced into our various rooms. The rooms were small'ish, with minimal light, but to very good spec, particularly the clean albeit tight washrooms. Mind you, this is a very old city, and at a hotel that doesn't cost you an arm and a leg. The room was charming (not a euphemism), the Wifi was consistent, and the hotel as a whole was very quite. I couldn't have been more pleased.
Given that Italians don't really do breakfast (a la English/American 'meals'), it was great that the hotel offered such food. Though I was more than willing to adapt to the continental lifestyle, my elderly parents couldn't be blamed for wanting the breakfasts they're used to.
In terms of the location, it was fantastic. Literally a stone's throw from the Spanish Steps, and a handful of high-label design shops (Gucci, Prada, Bulgari, etc), with about a 5 minute walk to more casual shopping. Rome itself isn't all too big, and this hotel is situated at about the top-middle of the touristic activity. For our longer outings, a taxi queue was literally 3 minutes away (facing the Spanish Steps).
I'd have zero hesitation in returning to this hotel should I find myself in Rome again. I'd say for business, perhaps not the most suitable, but for personal holiday and romantic getaways, this is a deal to be had!

Room Tip: Excellent price point when I booked in conjunction with flight from a travel search engine
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Giovanni A, Direttore at Hotel Manfredi Suite in Rome, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear Guest
thank you for being with us and I apologize for the late reply, we had some problems with the server. I'm really glad that you have been well and that you enjoyed the breakfast which is all homemade. Our staff is highly qualified and why fluent languages. we are located right in the center of Rome and all the shopping here. if you come to find it again you will see the big news
London
Reviewed August 17, 2011

We were really pleasantly surprised by Hotel Manfredi. After struggling to find it (it is above Hotel Forte - the sign isn't too clear) and having to go separately up the elevator which only holds 1 person with bags, we found ourselves in a lovely reception area kindly greeted by Emanuele who was very friendly throughout our stay.

Brilliant location just a few minutes from Spanish Steps and safe, trendy area with designer shops.

Great breakfast with fresh pastries and good fruit selection (decent for veggies like us).

Nicely decorated rooms and very clean - you could see it has been recently renovated. The only draw back is that the rooms are very small, but once you get used to this it is fine.

Other positives:
- Very helpful service when booking trains.
- Quick internet.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Josh
first of all I apologize for the delay in answer you but we had problems with the server. I bring your regards to the staff, which of course is well prepared and is multilingual. Everything in the room is finished and fine Italian craftsmanship. Breakfast is homemade and the advantage of being the center of Rome means to be near to cultural attraction, tourist and entertainment.
White Plains, New York
Reviewed August 13, 2011

We stayed at Hotel Manfredi for three nights. I loved the fact that it was in the historical art district right next to the Spanish Steps. The hotel has all of the modern amenities of home and the staff was very attentive and nice.

Although the rooms and bathrooms are small, they are very clean and the A/C is great during the summer heat. Love to stay here again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Giovanni A, Direttore at Hotel Manfredi Suite in Rome, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear Guest
I apologize for the delay in answering you.
Our Build is around 1700 for this reason the rooms have that size and those rooms have recently been refurbished.
All material including marble bath are made ​​in Italy.
I hope to host you again
Best Regardes
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2011

After arriving at Ciampino airport we were taken by arranged car (not with the hotel) to the Hotel Manfredi. It wasn't very clear where the hotel was but we found it with little trouble. After walking up the stairs due too the elevator only taking one person with bags, we arrived at the reception desk and the staff there were very helpful and we were immediately shown to our rooms. The rooms, while extremely small were very nicely appointed with nice bathrooms and enough space to leave your bags and unpack. While you could only have breakfast at the hotel, because of the very convenient location, right by piazza d'espagna and all the upmarket shops, we were able to find many nice restaurants in the surrounding area.
At night, it was quite noisy and you were forced to end up waking up early due to the scooters buzzing by. However breakfast was very nice with any type of thing you could want.
Due to the very near transport links and upmarket shops you could do anything from your hotel. A taxi rank and a metro stop were 5 minutes away from the hotel. This hotel was much better than expected and we could definitely come back.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest
Our building is around of 1700. The rooms have recently been refurbished. Via margutta is the center of area full of prestigious shops, restaurants and tourist attractions, but it is a pedestrian zone. I'm sorry if this has heard noise. I invite you to come back.
Best Regards
Giovanni Argetina.
Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed July 24, 2011

Hotel Manfredi changed my thinking about Rome. The hotel was beautiful, immaculate, and very well run. The room was quiet and comfortable. The location is fantastic. The breakfast was excellent. And the staff could not be more helpful. We especially appreciated the restaurant suggestions from Roberto, as well as the private tour he arranged for us of the Forum and Coliseum - absolutely worth the cost!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Giovanni A, Direttore at Hotel Manfredi Suite in Rome, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Dear guest
first of all I'm sorry for the delay about the answer, but we have got some problem with the main server.
I'm really glad to know that you felt good at Hotel Manfredi. Our staff is highly qualified and the breakfasts are all made in house. We would like very much to make the customer feel as if he were at home.I hope to see you again here with us.
Best Regards
Argentina Giovanni
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 19, 2011

I had the good fortune to stay at Hotel Manfredi for my first trip to Rome. We stayed for 3 days and couldn't have been happier with the accomodations, location and the excellent service that we received. The staff was wonderful. And don't even get me started on the free breakfast... fantastic! I know that when I go back to Rome, I'll be staying here!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family