“Lots of attentions ”

Ranked #11 of 775 Dessert in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: La Romana gelato shop was born in the heart of the historic centre of Rimini in 1947, receiving the name of the founder's daughter. A few years later Vito Zucchi, progenitor of the family, took over the enterprise. Thanks to his fervent creativity and the use of a few ingredients then available, he created a wide range of high-quality flavours which are still made in our stores today.
Rome, Italy
“Lots of attentions ”
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

My friends wanted me to taste this gelateria in the centre of Rome.I can say that the ice cream is good,but not the best I have ever ate.The real strength of this place are the service ,wich is really fast,and the optionals they give to you (like the melted chocolate they put in the button of your cone,amazing!!!).

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Helsinki, Finland
“The best gelato I've ever tasted!”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Gelato to die for! And great value, 2 scoops just 2 euros! You could also get whipped cream on top of the portion, heavenly. Visited this every afternoon when we were in Rome. The dark chocolate gelato was so amazing that I almost fell over.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank MikeHelsinki93
“Best Gelato in Rome!”
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I were excited at the opportunity to visit Italy and taste their world famous Gelato! This place does NOT disappoint!
This is situated away from the centre but definitely worth a visit. It's about a 5-10 min walk from termini station.
It was opposite our hotel (leons place) and literally every time we walked past it, it was full of people. Even at midnight!!! The Italians love this place too.
Unfortunately the menu is in Italian and you cannot see the ice cream itself so for English only travellers you will have to either guess or ask about every flavour (about 20 flavours!) I recommend going into their website and translating them before hand to save holding up the queue at the store.
I had the stratcciatella (choc chip), cioccalate fondante (choc fondante) and a strawberry scoop. The server starts by putting around a spoonful of warm melted chocolate into the bottom of the cone (imagine like a cornetto where you get the hard choc, but it's still melted when you get to it!!!) then a very generous 3 scoops and if you want, topped with fresh whipped cream.
THIS ICE CREAM IS AMAZING!!! It's made on site and definitely tastes fresh! Then when you're done with the ice cream you get the warm chocolate from the cone. I just wish we had gone in on our first day as I know we would have used it everyday.

vancouver
“Surprised it's not ranked #1”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

My biggest regret in all of Rome is not discovering this place until the end.
World class gelato. More than affordable. I walked past it alot and never saw it without at least a small lineup.
Bring a word translator on your smart phone, or just get the tiramisu.

• Visited February 2014
Rome, Italy
“Best Gelato in Rome”
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

We had the brioche filled with gelato and a warm Nutella crepe with a pallina di gelato on top. Everything was so incredible that we went back four times! ☺️

Been to Gelateria La Romana? Share your experiences!