“a must for everyone”

More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed May 12, 2014

this was my second visit to Rome & i had already had a tour of the Colosseum so thought id treat the family, we had just entered Via del Fori Imperiali when we bumped into the rep from Citylights who asked us if we were interested in a Tour i said " yes, we are just heading up there now " but to my suprise he told us that their tours started here and included everything on the run up to the Colosseum in smaller groups than others (around 12-24) so could hear your guide clearly. we agreed went over & paid then waited for our guide. Sylvia was a very very good guide , she spoke fluently in English clearly and often interacted with those amongst the group keeping you interested at all times. We thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish and would recommend City Lights to all.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

I am from Milan but lived and work in Rome for some time and I consider it "my city". I simply fell in love with the city. My husband is Austrian and I wanted for once to show him the soul of a city that makes people dream. I first took him to the hidden places that I wanted to show him on my own, like "Roma dal Buco" or "Giardino degli Aranci", but for the big stuff, like the Colosseum, I wanted a professional who could provide some historical background, along with the visit, because my husband loves anything that is history. I did some research and inspections and I saw masses of tourists packed-up and sent inside the monument, which was not an option for us, as we get claustrophobic and irritated when there are too many people around. Then Maya showed-up and with her lovely and professional attitude, along with the guarantee that we would have been able to experience a discrete and yet informative visit, we decided to take the chance and oh man, I recommend City Lights Rome to anybody who desires to explore the ancient capital without being treated as a number, but rather to understand the beauty of the city and its culture and keep wonderful memories of it. This is not only for tourists and you will not be treated like a tourist. Thanks Maya!

Reviewed January 1, 2014

City Light Rome Tour was a great experience. Our guide Rafaella was fantastic. She made the experience a ton of fun with her extensive knowledge, pleasant personality and pride in her home city's history. We also saved at least an ~hour not waiting in line to enter the colosseum, which was a nice bonus. Rafaella & CLT -Thank you! Chris & Gina Carpenter.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Originally we were going too tackle the colosseum and Roman forum by ourselves. However after bumping into an Irish bloke named Sean and a little convincing we decided to go with city lights tour. Our guide Raffaella was fantastic. She was born and raised in Rome and had extensive knowledge on all things Ancient Rome. The tour was definitely worth the money. In fact they were so good we ended up seeking them out for the Vatican City. I would highly recommend seeking out city lights tours for anyone interested in a guide for the sights of Rome.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Whilst a little hesitant when approached be Sean from Ireland, then the beautiful Maya (ph???) we are so glad we took the chance. My two teenage daughters were first captured by Sean's accent but we soon discovered that the very entertaining and theatrical Tiberio was to be our tour guide for the next three plus hours. A great experience and I have no hesitation in recommending this start up company. They are friendly, honest and knew their stuff. They even supplied some umbrellas that they purchased from local vendors when it started to rain. A class outfit. Do yourself a favour and seek out City Lights tour should you want a guide for the Colosseum or anywhere else in rome.

1  Thank Adrian W