“Fantastic apartment in amazing location”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Enter a caption for your photo
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Any
MarianHea...
San Francisco, California
“He canceled our reservation less than 24 hours prior to our flight and we had nowhere to stay. Worst experience EVER.”
Reviewed January 3, 2016 for a stay in December 2015
people found this review helpful

I spent weeks looking at hundreds of apartments in Rome to find the ideal for my family of five (2 adults, 2 teens and a 10-year old). After a lengthy and detailed search, I chose this one. I paid in advance (as required) and waited to hear from the owner. Two weeks out I began to worry and started emailing and calling him, but there was no response. We were due to leave on 12/23 and because it's such a busy time (daughter's birthday on 12/19, grandparents visiting that week, school finals, holiday pageants, choral performances, sending cards, hosting a party for 100 people on 12/21, packing for an international trip, etc. etc.) I didn't have time to worry too much. On 12/20 I finally reached out to Trip Advisor - and could not find a way to phone them, so I used their email (as required). I did not hear back from them except to say that I should try to contact the owner. Obviously I had already done that and this was a canned response. On 12/22 as I was dropping off dog to pet sitter, doing last minute shopping, I got an email from Nicola saying the apartment was not available but he had another place to put us. The proposed substitute in NO WAY resembled the original apartment. Not only had I selected a location near the Vatican, I had also arranged lunch and dinner reservations within walking distance for both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, given that we would be traveling San Francisco - Newark - Munich - Rome and I didn't dare leave anything to chance since it would be a holiday when we arrived, tired and jet lagged. The proposed substitute was in an undesirable neighborhood, did not have washer/dryer which was vital for us, and was nowhere near as attractive as the photos of this apartment. Plus it had only two bedrooms, not the three I had requested and paid for. I finally called Trip Advisor in a panic, and had to pretend to be a property owner because there is no customer service number publicly available to customers. I had to lie to reach a live person. Once I did, they gave me the "secret number". I spent the entire afternoon on the phone, mostly on hold, while also frantically searching for other options in Rome. I was not able to stay in contact with the same person at any point, so for every call I had to repeat my name, email, booking number, etc. which was frustrating to say the least. I finally called directly to the owner and he said there was a leak in the apartment. When I asked why he had not responded to my calls and emails over the past two weeks he said he had been ill (started fake coughing ) and in the hospital. I called back to Trip Advisor and tried again to get some help of some kind. They then called the owner and after multiple tries, they reached him. He then said he had been out of touch because he had a car accident and was in the hospital. So, basically, he was lying. I am guessing the apartment was rented twice and then he planned to just send me to the other, substandard one, thinking I would simply accept the trade. But there was no way. When it was around 6pm my time the Boston office promised that they would turn it over to their office in England, since they were closing for the day (9pm East coast time). But England wouldn't come online until 3am their time (midnight for me on the West coast). In a panic, I continued to search for alternatives. I had been promised that as soon as England opened they would begin sending me numerous alternative apartments. I stayed up, waiting, and finally at 2am I called them. Keep in mind that I had a flight leaving San Francisco at 7:30 that same day!! Same experience - various people promised to help me out and asked me to contact them. I explained that I was about to board a transcontinental flight, and they promised to send me a bunch of places to review in Newark. When we hit the ground in Newark I was on hold (and disconnected multiple times) for over two hours with nothing even remotely acceptable. I actually pulled an all-nighter, and did more searching on my own, surfacing apartments that they didn't even send to me only to be told that many owners don't update their calendars for months, so apartments that look like they may be available might not be. They also said they could not phone owners during the night. When I suggested email (there's a link to contact owners) they discouraged it, saying nobody would respond. Again, I did the work, emailed a bunch of owners, and actually heard back at once from a handful, but all of the apartments were booked. The stress level for me (and my family) was unbelievable. We had to board for Munich, not knowing where we were going to spend our vacation. We had booked 5 very expensive tickets months ago, looking forward to an amazing trip to Rome. When we landed in Munich, same deal. I try to call Trip Advisor but with a US cell phone could not reach the toll-free number (which goes direct to whichever office is open). At that point, with only 2 hours to go before we would arrive at the airport in Rome, we started searching hotels and called and booked one. We paid more than double what we had budgeted for the accommodation, with no laundry facilities, and the five of us stuffed into two hotel rooms - no kitchen, no living area - two tiny hotel rooms. It basically ruined my vacation. When I asked if Trip Advisor (or the owner) would offer any kind of compensation (for my time, for the international calls, for the difference in cost between what we booked and what we ended up with), there was absolutely nothing. They said they would kick the guy off the site, but really??? Their entire business model is flawed. Owners should pay a significant deposit and if they end up to be liars and cheaters like this guy - they should have to forfeit their deposit. There is no cost to this man for what he did. He will be back with a new email address in no time. This was BY FAR the worst customer service experience I have ever had. We traveled to London, Paris and Berlin this summer and booked wonderful apartments through Air Bnb and another private booking agency with no trouble whatsoever. Shame on you Trip Advisor!

Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
LouiseGeo...
“Disappointing”
Reviewed November 8, 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

We did not get the apartment featured. At the last minute,( literally I was stood on the street trying to contact Nicola as I couldn't find the location), there was "a problem" but an alternative apartment would be available later that day. This was a 2 bedroomed apartment with a sofa bed and two camp beds in the living room, and 2 rather than 3 bathrooms, not ideal for a group of 8 travelling to spend time together from USA, Spain, Ireland and the UK. The alternative landlord was trying to make excuses about how this was the best and biggest available in the area and that there were no 4 bedroomed/3 bathroomed apartments locally and he was doing a favour for his friend? The apartment provided was perfectly located, clean and pleasant, - for 4 guests not 8! There were only 2 sets of keys provided so this restricted freedom of movement , and at no point did Nicola or anyone else try to contact me to let me know the status of the original apartment booking. I did not want to upset the special reunion by making a scene or complaining at the time so we just put up with the inconvenience. I have had no replies to emails sent. but I paid for 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms and got half that for full price? I feel conned and disappointed by the service and will stick to hotels next time!

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Poor communication and poor customer service
Traveling group: Large Group
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Friends getaway
pamela092...
Victoria, Australia
“Fantastic apartment in amazing location”
Reviewed October 4, 2015 for a stay in September 2015

A wonderful apartment, well maintained and in an excellent location. Nicola is an amazing host and has great attention to detail. Organised our early transfer to airport and provided excellent recommendations on local restaurants. Our group of 8 adult friends had a g re at time inthis very spacious apartment.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Nicola was fantastic as was the apartment
Liked least: Nil...
Traveling group: Friends
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
MerlineB
Wayland, Massachusetts, United States
“Next to Vatican & Metro; clean with tons of restaurants nearby (via Leone IV)”
Reviewed August 3, 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

Note -- the night before we checked in, Nicola emailed/texted to let me know of a plumbing issue. He was great with communication and found us an alternate apartment a few streets away from this done. The new apartment was also just walking distance away from Vatican and the Metro (less than 10 min to both if you're a regular walker). The apartment he found was clean, had 4 bedrooms and 4 bathroom (we only used 3) and had a fridge, AC, wireless internet and a small kitchen & kettle. This apartment was located on via Leone IV, and as it had less amenities than the Peter (via Silla) apartment, and having gotten to know Nicola, I assume that the St Peter apartment will be even better.

I'd recommend interacting with Nicola; he proved himself reliable, meeting us at the apartment with the owner of the building. Showing us around the place and making himself available to us. No fuss, careful attention to detail resulted in us enjoying 3 nights at this apartment. Nicola also arranged for a taxi to take all 8 of us to the airport for our return flight home; the cab driver was prompt and professional. Overall, I would not hesitate to work with Nicola for my next vacation rental in Rome.

Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
bburger92...
Tustin, California
“Spacious Apartment Near St. Peter's”
Reviewed August 1, 2015 for a stay in June 2013
person found this review helpful

We were a family of 6 traveling to Rome for an extensive 23 day trip. Nicola made good arrangements for us to have a driver at the airport and take us to the apartment. Although I was concerned during the pre-planning stages of our trip when I didn't receive responses from Nicola, I was very happy with our overall experience. The apartment is located North of the Vatican in a high-retail area of town. Tthe neighborhood was not as quiet as I would have preferred but the apartment worked well for our family. It was very clean, spacious, had wi-fi, and was within walking distance of many attractions. Although I have reservations about this rental, it is not specific to the apartment itself as it it is as described but more to the location.

Liked best: Price and Space
Liked least: Location
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Dacl1957
North Houston, Texas
“Nice apartment in convenient location!”
Reviewed July 8, 2015 for a stay in June 2015

This apartment is located very close to the Vatican and just a couple minutes walk from a metro station. We could get to all the sights easily. There were excellent restaurants and grocery stores close by.
The apartment was comfortably furnished and had everything that we needed. I would definitely book this apartment again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location of the property
Liked least: The wifi did not work consistently.
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
rebcass12...
Champaign, Illinois
“Great apartment in a great location”
Reviewed June 11, 2015 for a stay in June 2015

So impressed with this apartment...it was near the Vatican, safe and quiet street, easy to walk to other attractions and the bus. The owner was very helpful and responsive, even arranging a driver for us to take us to the airport. The apartment had all the modern amenities (beautiful bathrooms, WiFi, nice appliances, TV) and the bedrooms are huge. We had 8 people in the apartment and still had plenty of room. I would totally stay here again and would highly recommend this property. We only needed to stay one night in Rome, but when we go back for a longer visit, I will contact Nicola again. Thanks for a wonderful experience.

Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing