“My dive didn't go well but...”

Big Blue Divers Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are able to organize any kind of diving trips. We also have high quality apartments for your stay in Rome. The majority of our time is spent on recreational scuba diving courses. With us you can take PADI courses which are accepted all over the world. The last years we try to grow Technical diving running: - PADI technical courses and dives; - GUE dives (fund, tec1, cave1) DAN courses and services are also available in ROME with the aim of increasing the knowledge and sense of responsibility of recreational divers. Please mail Us for any further info.
Reviewed June 5, 2017

I was planning to go for a dive after a (too) long break but then something happened and I panicked out and, long story short, my intentions stopped there and then, but have to say the experience was still pretty nice! They took care of everything (I was travelling light so for example I had only my mask with me), picked me up from my hotel and were very concerned about my well-being after this flop of a try to dive. Communication i English was also no problem! And they were also quite flexible with the date, which I had to switch almost on the last minute. Definitely recommend them!

2  Thank NikkiMaria
"boat"
"information"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed September 21, 2016

Being a PADI certified diver, my father recommended this shop by searching online. Make sure to reach out to them early. They can sometimes not reply right away. But they do have an English speaking dive instructor that I could easily communicate with. They picked me up from my AirBNB and took me to and from to the dive shop. They provided a great experience for 2 dives that we completed in the same day. I would highly recommend this shop. Especially if you don't know any Italian or have ever been to the area.

2  Thank Heath S
Reviewed August 1, 2016

My wife and I were recently the guests of Big Blue Divers. Although based in Rome, we had two boat dives off the Island of Giannutri in Tuscany. The dive masters spoke fluent english, so communication was never a problem. We brought our own equipment, so we can't say anything about the rental gear, but everyone was very professional yet easy going. Plus we had a great lunch on the boat after our last dive. Also the dives we went on were spectacular - lots of fish, with water temperatures in the 70s (bottom temps were in the mid 60s, but we didn't hang out there too long). I would highly recommend Big Blue Divers for anyone who would like to explore Mediterranean scuba diving

2  Thank NJSnowbunnies
Reviewed May 25, 2016 via mobile

Unless you are experienced divers don't bother. I booked a break in Rome and asked if it was possible to dive. I have not dived but my partner has his PADI. They said yes (so we paid for a case for my partners dive equipment) but then they said sorry we can't as you are not certified??? Could have just said that at the beginning and saved us being super disappointed. Poor show.

4  Thank Fecake
Big Blue Divers R, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Big Blue Divers Rome, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2016

Hallo,
just to clarify.
We do not conduct a one day (few hours) training course.
We never ask money in advance for equipment or even to reserve dives, couse is included in our rates, and you do not need to buy any piece of equipment, as told in our format comunication.
Scuba diving is a serious activity, that needs to be trained well.
In our last email (on 22nd, so the previuos day of your scheduled dive day) we advise you that without certification we can only conduct a TRY SCUBA, but not a dive, that needs more training than few hours.
You never answered...