“Absolutely amazing restaurant by any standard!”

NOI Nuova Osteria Italiana
Ranked #279 of 12,262 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Aperti solo a Cena Chiuso il Lunedi Disponibile prevalentemente su prenotazione Disponibile per eventi Sul sito web disponibile il recapito di cel per prenotazioni durante tutto il giorno
London, United Kingdom
“Absolutely amazing restaurant by any standard!”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We visited this restaurant in May this year for a special occassion and it was my Mum's first time in Italy and her birthday - and it really is truly spectacular. I can't praise it enough. So glad I chose it for this special occassion.

You receive a very enthusiastic and family run service, they are passionate about food and wine like I have never seen before in my life - and their pride is totally justified.

The food was some of the very best Italy has to offer, and if anyone was to leave this restaurant without feeling extremely satisified and literally amazed by the level of service and food you can receive in a restaurant - I'd be gobsmacked.

I recommend you go with the advice of the staff when ordering, they really know what they are talking about. They do a platter of tasters on little toasts which is sublime.

Value for money was also mind blowing, our meal for 3, and we couldn't eat another bite after was in the region of 90-100 with two bottles of wine - a bargain for 5* quality you get.

I'll be coming back to this restaurant again and again and again whenever I'm in Rome.

10/10!!!!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Chon199

• Turkish first
Australia
“A great find in Rome”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

This lovely restaurant was found via trip advisor reviews and it didn't disappoint. A fantastic young couple run this place and it was a joy to come here. Lively home cooked food in great surroundings. They are passionate about what they serve and it doesn't disappoint. From the starters through to the mains everything g is beautifully cooked. We had the biscotti which we Aussies call bruschetta was just lovely with filling that one would not expect. Then we shared a pasta of zucchini cream with a chilli sausage paste on the side. For mains we had the veal meatballs in a lemon sauce and I had the osso buco Romania style. This was washed down with a bottle of red wine from Toscana which effectively was a blend of Sangiovese cab sav and perdot. Lovely. We could manage desert but oh I will certainly out this place on my list for future visits.

Visited July 2014
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“WOW!!! Wow! Wow!”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

This place was just spectacular! Our waiters were very attentive and the food was equally incredible! The pasta carbonara with truffles was to die for!!! Our waiters, a husband and wife, were so great at explaining every dish and we loved all of their recommendations. It was a great restaurant to truly experience authentic Italian cuisine without the touristy aspect. Would definitely recommend this and can't wait to come back again!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Katerina F
Niceville, Florida
“Unbelievably amazing!”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

My boyfriend and I had read tons of reviews of NOI before our trip to Rome and I decided it would be a great place to have my birthday dinner at. A bit on the ambitious side, we decided to walk from Trestevere which is about 20 minutes away. We got terribly lost and two hours later found it close to 11 PM. It was totally worth it! We were warmly welcomed in by the husband who offered us a welcoming sparkling wine and an appetizer on the house. The wife then came to explain the entire menu to us (since it's in Italian) and even included which part of Italy each dish is from.Since we wanted to try two entrees each we decided to skip the appetizers, although the Roullette di Crostini sounded amazing, so we went on to order two pasta dishes. To our surprise the husband brought us three of their specialty crostinis to try anyway (once again, on the house). My boyfriend absolutely loved his gnocchi and I loved the zuchini/sausage pasta dish I had. The house wine MiooO is the best wine we've ever had and can't seem to find anywhere else! We also had the medallions with their oven baked potatoes (absolutely delicious!) and the veal leg which was also very good. Unfortunately, we had no room for dessert. They even called a taxi for us. Can't wait to experience NOI again on our next visit to Rome!

• Visited July 2014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great understated meal - well worth the taxi”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Ate here on Friday evening. First people here other than a couple outside.

Has to be said you have to get a taxi here if you are a tourist, quite far away but we knew that before we booked after reading tripadvisor. Prepare yourself as our taxi driver knew area, but not where it was, so have address.

We got out of taxi, and were greeted by the owner. Little Lambrusco to start the meal complimentary. Lovely.

Whole menu described by manageress as menu is in Italian, lovely touch.

Decided on 2 starters, 2 pastas(special mention to pasta with truffle) and a main course of chicken for me as the missus knew she couldn't do 3.

Great food, everything is home made, everything.

The service is second to none, not formal like a Michelin star but genuine nonetheless. The owners were lovely and the older lady and the quiet gentlemen were so polite and a credit to there bosses, my girlfriend thought they were extremely cute.

A word on the wine, oh my days, the house red is awesome, from Rome, ten euros, and as good as a £50 pomerol I've had in Scotland. My missus assures me her rose also from Rome was also the best she's had for a long time, and this from a Portuguese wine aficionado.

Wish we had room for desert but too full. When paying the bill we had a random 5 euro discount from 75 to 70, maybe because the coffee took quite long but we didn't mind as it was extremely busy and lovely atmosphere. We left 90 because they deserve it.

My only concern is the owner said he wanted a quiet friend orientated place away from the hustle and bustle of Rome. I'm afraid with how good it is and tripadvisor they may have to get use to the extra business.

FANTASTIC