Cris Roman Guide - Day Tours by Cristina Giannicchi

via mobile
Private tours a Great Value

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Passenger72082

All reviews city walk tour palatine hill half day tour recommended by rick steves vatican museum come alive italian life spent days in rome private tour italy trip hadrian's villa important sites personal tour awesome tour grazie mille ancient sites trevi fountain
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

If we could give Christina more than 5 stars, we would. Our family of 3 booked a full day of tours and were so fortunate to have her as our guide. We met her at the Vatican and spent several hours visiting the museum, Sistine Chapel, and St Peter’s Square and Basilica. Christina was kind enough to help our 10year old fill out postcards while we shopped for souvenirs. After a quick and delicious pizza stop, she arranged our taxi ride to the Colosseum and Roman Forum. Christina shared with us historical highlights and had a book full of pictures to help us imagine what the sites would have looked like after the were built. She kept the tour moving along and made sure we didn’t miss anything.
Would absolutely recommend Christina and can’t imagine being able to enjoy Rome the same without her tour. This is the tour you want.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I enjoyed two half day private tours with guide Anna Aruta. We toured the Vatican Museums & St. Peter's Basilica one day and the Colosseum & Forum the next. Anna's knowledge and enthusiasm were terrific and her good judgement on how to spend time wisely in these amazing places full of so many treasures was much appreciated. As a bonus, she recommended a restaurant that provided the best dinner we had in Rome and she was an enthusiastic photographer, offering numerous times to take our picture. The tour prices were competitive and I found it easy to connect with Christina by email to plan the tours before we traveled to Italy.
Anna helped to make our stay in Rome very special.

1  Thank Passenger72082
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Cris really brought our tour of the Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica to life with her knowledge and insights. Friendly an accommodating, I would highly recommend Cris!

Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

Just completed 2 half day tours with guide Laura. She is very knowledgeable, thorough, and friendly. Private tour is the way to go. No lines, no hassle. Will definitely recommend.

Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

We toured the Colosseum and Roman Forum one morning with Simona and saw the Vatican with her the next afternoon. The tours were terrific and made a huge difference in our understanding of both places. It was well worth what we paid. Simona is an archaeologist and she provided fascinating details - setting the scene for us historically before explaining the Colosseum. The Vatican was packed and having her with us made a huge difference. She spent a considerable amount of time prepping us for what we would see prior to entering the Sistine Chapel. I’m so glad she did - it was so crowded and I would have missed so many details that she had highlighted for us in advance. My husband and I - and our daughter and boyfriend - found her delightful, thorough and informative. We highly recommend Cristina’s group.

Reviewed September 21, 2018

We booked our initial orientation to Rome through Cris Rome Travel. We were assigned to Agata for the day. How lucky for us. Agata was knowledgeable, fun, and friendly. She has a background in Archeology (I think) and gave us much more than we could ever have gotten on our own. Our walk was leisurely and informative. She covered everything on the agenda and more, ending later than we had actually scheduled. We took other tours later (mistake, but we had already booked and paid) and we should have gone back to Cris Roman tours. They are truly the best. Thanks so much for a wonderful experience.

Reviewed September 16, 2018

We travel on a regular basis and love international travels. As a result I use the internet for detailed access to information pertinent to our planned events. It is great comfort to deal with someone as obsessed to details as I am and one that is responsive to even minor concerns. We had Cristina handle our guided tours in Rome and she provided excellent guides. They were friendly, caring and exceptionally knowledgeable of their tour sites. They shared their passion for Roman life and history and made us feel they truly enjoyed being with us. We also used her services for transfers to and from the airport (taking all the stress out of transportation); taking a tour of Pompeii and a driver in Naples, all arranged seamlessly by Cristina. She was always quick to respond with all the needed information. A pleasure to work with and very dependable. Just what you require when traveling overseas. We can't wait to return to Italy and use her services again.

Reviewed September 8, 2018

My daughter and I had the pleasure of being guided by Simona, for two days in Rome. She was wonderful! She explained everything and gave us the opportunity to ask questions ; she spoke perfect English and is a lovely person to be around. She used her laptop to explain and show us in detail the history of Rome (she is well organized and a great teacher!) Simona made sure that we enjoyed Rome and covered all the major highlights which included the Colosseum, Venice Square, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps,etc. (so much area to cover in Rome). She took us to local places that we would not have found on our own for the best gelatto, wine, cheeses and meats. Thank you for an amazing tour of such a beautiful place, so rich history.
Lillian & Nina

Reviewed September 3, 2018

Cris gave us a very informative tour of the Vatican. Beyond that, she arranged to have a wheelchair delivered to our hotel after we informed her we needed one because my wife had broken her ankle. She was knowledgeable and charming.

Chris M

Reviewed August 14, 2018

Cristina makes ancient and modern day Rome come to life, creating an unforgettable day in any vacation! Our family of five had one day in Rome. My husband and I had been to Rome before but the children had not. We wanted them to see the Colosseum and St. Peter’s so we arranged a full day tour with Cristina, the Colosseum in the morning and Vatican City after lunch. It was amazing! Cristina made what could have been an overwhelming, exhausting day, an informative and exciting one. We all learned so much and had a lovely time. When you come to Italy a tour with Cristina is not to be missed!!