“Exquisite B&B”
Review of Navona Queen

Navona Queen
Ranked #28 of 3,743 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 1, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at the Navona last week for four nights. It could not have been better. It is beautifully decorated. The room was huge and spotlessly clean. Breakfast room was so nice and the breakfast itself was great. Location was great. Right in between Campo de Fiori and Piazza Navona. Taxi stand right downstairs so it was easy to get to the airport. Bus stops right outside. It was about at 10 minute walk to the Vatican. When I return to Rome, I will stay there again. Anita was a wonderful hostess. So cheery every morning.

1  Thank BarbJean13

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We unfortunately stayed here for only 2 of our 4 nights in Rome. Wish we could have done all 4 here, but there were 6 of us and we needed two rooms, which they didn't have availability.

Entering the old (but nice) building and taking the small elevator up, we weren't expecting much.
That's the first time I ever entered a hotel and the fragrance was so wonderful!
The decor is second to none...and they have the most awesome feature.
....An atrium lounge area dead smack in the middle with a water feature.

The rooms are not the largest, but this is Rome. They were finely decorated with much attention to detail. I've been in 5-star hotels not as splendid.

The lady we interacted with the most who checked us in/out and oversaw the breakfast process was charming (and in-love with my bambino :-)

A little noise at bedtime ......sure....but.....it's Rome. My infant and toddler and their grandparents slept well in both our rooms.
The location, perfect. We had two strollers and an older couple, yet walked to all the major sites. We even walked back to the hotel from Testaccio on the other side of the river after dinner one night.
There is a taxi stand about one block from the hotel in the square.

I would recommend this place to Anyone. Family or friends.
I'm sure I'll stay there again!

1  Thank Aerojam
Matteo C, Proprietario at Navona Queen, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear friends, thank you very much for your wonderful review, but I thank you for bringing me more than two children who are among the clients that I love the most!
See you soon

Annita

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We had an excellent stay last weekend. The hotel is close to all main attractions and as super friendly hosts. Everything was newly renovated and clean. The owners organized perfect taxi arrangements to and from the airport.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

The Navona B&B is very central located ,only a few minute walk from the Vatican.
The place is very clean and renovated only few months ago.
Services offered excellent.Lovely owners.Very helpfull and friendly.
Continental breakfast at a 5 star culinary experience.Very good ingredients,a large selection of cheese and salami as well fresh fruits and the best coffee in town.
I have been told that from next year they will be serving breakfast on the building terrace overlooking all the beautiful gardens.
Overall a fantastic experience.This place made my stay in Rome very pleasant.

Room Tip: all rooms are comfortable and finished at very high standards.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed October 25, 2013

A well looked after 4 start b&b right near the Piazza Navona in Rome. Within walking distance to most things in Rome (max is about half an hour to the Colosseum). The lady running the place was lovely, keen to help, very friendly and obviously took pride in her b&b. Rooms are kept clean and tidy and breakfast is reasonable. Only complaint we have was the noise from outside traffic - but this seems to be a common problem in Medieval towns/cities in Italy. Really wish they'd double glaze some windows!!! Thoroughly recommend this place.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Trying to find a place to stay in Rome was overwhelming--there are so many options. If you book here, I think you can be confident you'll enjoy your stay at a reasonable price.

Everything about the stay was excellent. Matteo emailed us a few weeks ahead of time to ask if we wanted a car arranged. When we arrived, the room was immaculate and we were able to check in a few hours ahead of schedule. We immediately wanted to wash off the grime of travel and discovered that the shower is like a power washer--amazing water pressure. It felt great after a day of travel.

The room is a good size by Rome standards.

The location is excellent. We walked to all the major sites without issue. The breakfast and cappuccinos made to order were wonderful. I would return without hesitation.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Stayed here for one night. The hotel was clean and reasonably priced. The location was fine but the room was on a major street and was quite noisy. Further, check out time was at 11am. We left the hotel around 9:30am and when we returned at around 10:30am to check out the owners had removed our luggage and prepared the room for another guest. It was unacceptable for the owners to enter our room and remove our baggage.

5  Thank marcie151
Matteo C, Proprietario at Navona Queen, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Dear customer ,
I'm sorry you could not enjoy our hospitality for both the incident happened and , perhaps, for the short of your stay of one night .
Unfortunately, that morning I found myself having to make a difficult choice : infact arrived at our hotel , well in advance of the check in time , a couple of elderly gentlemen Americans who, tired from the long trip, told us to not feeling well and asked if the room was ready to lie down to rest .Since I found your luggage already closed and packed , you were already out our B & B , and since there were only about twenty minutes to 11, our check out time , I felt to move your luggage out in the hallway to prepare the room for the two elders rather than leaving them to wait in the hallway while they were accusing sickness for i don't know how much time, because I did not know at what time you would be back to our B&B .I know i didn't respect your time to check out, because the room was yours until 11, but unfortunately I felt the need to give priority to age and state of health of the two people , knowing that maybe I could disappointed you. I'm only sorry that i didn't have any request for clarification from you before you left because I would have explained the reason that prompted me to act in that way.As you have certainly read in all the reviews that our customers wrote about us , a friendly and warm welcome is one of our features so, behind our behavior, surely there must have been a reason that I would not hesitate to explain you if you only had asked me to .