“Excellent B&B”

Ranked #259 of 3,643 Rome B&B and Inns
Montreal, Canada
“Excellent B&B”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at Alba sul Vaticano for 2 nights in Rome. I'm usually really picky when it comes to hotels but I have to say that everything was perfect, very clean and confortable. The breakfast was excellent and Alba prepared very good cappuccini for both of us. Alba also recommended excellent restaurants in Rome for typical roman cusine which we enjoyed.

I strongly recommend anyone staying in Rome to stay there for it's location, price and excellent service.

Karine

Room Tip: Rooms not right next to the one next to the kitchen are quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Turkish first
Kusadasi, Turkey
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We have been in the Italy a few days ago with my friends. We choosed Alba Sul hotel from Tripadvisor and we booked our rooms. When we arrived to hotel, we were happy because Hotel staff was so friendly. Alba sul Hotel rooms were so clean and so pretty. Breakfast was wonderful. Their hotel service was great and they were always smiling. If you would like to go to Rome, do not hesitate to book Hotel from Alba sul Hotel and Alba Sul Hotel is so close to Vatican Museum. You can walk just a few minutes to get there. Also Alba Sul hotel is so close to Rome Metro station too.. Thanks for Mrs. Alba and Mr. Vito.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We had spent wonderful 4 Days in Rome and stayed in Alba Sul Vaticano!

I am a travel expert and agency owner and this was my third trip to Italy and Rome. I had stayed 4 or 5 stars hotels near center but was not happy with services and rooms I had stayed considering the money I had to pay. So I decided to stay in a smaller accomodation. Among the many alternatives Alba Sul Vaticano was the best look with clean rooms. I found them online and decided to book it after reading wonderful reviews here.

I sent an email to Alba and got response in a minute! We kept emailing each other and she sent a lot of useful information to us which made our visits easier. She also helped me for the transfer on arrival and departure with reasonable rates.Upon arrival we met by driver and transfferred to B&B was so easy.

We greeted by Sofia (daughter of the couple) and she personally accompanied us to find meeting place for the Vatican Tour. You can not find this service in 5* hotels but in here. The location of the B&B is great is just 5 minutes walking to Vatican Museum, St Pietro and Cipro (Metro Station). There are a lot of shops around and they are cheaper than Via Del Corso. We really enjoyed shopping in Via Cola Di Rienzo Street and found a lot of things to buy with reasonable cost. This was recommended by Alba and they were right. We got Roma pass and used for public transportation and it was so easy. You can use Metro to reach popular areas from Cipro station. Spanish Steps ( Spagna station) is just 3 stations away, Fontana Di Trevi is 4 stations away. You can reach Termini ( Central station) in 10 minutes by using Metro. We took train from Termini to Napoli and then visited Pompeii. It was much enjoyable than guided tours.

For me B&B is in the best location considering prices as well as crowds and noise around Spanish Steps, Via Del Corso, Fontana Di Trevi. The rooms are so clean, quite and very well decorated. They have 4 rooms in different sizes and they are all look good. You have private bathroom, air-conditioning, free wireless (many hotels in Rome charge you for that!). You can find everything in the kitchen and fridge is always filled up with drinks, snacks which are complimentary. Breakfast is just amazing, honestly much better than many 4* and 5* hotels.

We also met with Alba and Vito (husband) and they are lovely people. They really enjoy this business and are very enthusiastic.

As a travel expert,its difficult for me to call "Perfect" for the service or accomodation I experience but I would not hesitate to recommend Alba Sul Vaticano to everyone even including the ones who used to stay in 4* and 5* hotels. I will definetely suggest Alba Sul Vaticano to my family, friends or clients and I will definetely stay in there in the future if I go to Rome again.

Room Tip: Room 1 is larger than other 3 rooms but it takes a lot of daylight might be warmer. Room 4 is smal...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Okan_Kutlu
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Owners are warm and welcoming, and the B&B was beautifully decorated and very clean. Location wise, the apartment located very close to the Vatican (5 - 10 minutes' leisurely walk) and near to bus stops which takes you to major tourist sites across the river. Highly recommended for other tourists! :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 21, 2013

From the italian chocolate on our pillow the night we arrived to the one on our cases the day we left Alba Sul Vaticano was perfect! If you would like to visit the Vatican at your leisure and be only a few stops from the Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain this is the perfect place. Alba the owner provided travel tips for getting around Rome and the best places to see. Breakfast was lovely fresh fruit, freshly baked (warm) pastries, youghurt, fruit juice, tea and coffee and anything else you would like. I can't wait to return for a holiday and would recommend this B&B to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Ringoes, New Jersey
Reviewed June 11, 2013

The B&B is brand new and the rooms and common area were tastefully decorated and spotless. The location is a few minutes walk to the Vatican Museum and there is a stop is located right in front of the B&B. Alba spoke English very well and was so helpful in booking tours and giving us directions and guidance on getting around the city. The breakfast each morning was also very nice. I would stay there again and recommend Alba Sul Vaticana to friends.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Killarney, Ireland
Reviewed May 5, 2013

A beautiful B & B less than 5 minutes walk from the Vatican Museum. Don't let the building exterior or the interior (outside of the apartment) put you off as they are nothing special. The B and B is spotless, beautifully fitted out and very relaxing. Alba and her husband don't live on site but are there each morning to provide breakfast (either in your bedroom or in the kitchen). They both speak English very well and very friendly and helpful. They are contactable by phone if you need them. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple