“Gelato magnificente”

Hedera
Ranked #11 of 795 Dessert in Rome
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Vatican / Borgo
Description: Sweetness & Co.
Reviewed April 13, 2014

On a warm afternoon, walking back from Castel Sant'Angelo, there is no ice cream treat in the world to beat Hedera. I cannot comment on all the flavours (which included a beer variety) but the pistachio was fantastic.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

I thought that finding eally good ice cream in Rome would be a piece of cake.. Think again... Many shops sell what they claim to be home-made artisanal ice cream. Having the same istock photo didn't convince me, neither did the ice cream. I kind of gave up, untill I passed by Hedera. The place even looks authentic, just like in a cartoon. They do not have as many varietis as the other generic parlors, but every one I tried, blew my mind. The old man behind the counter was really interested in what I thought about the ice cream, and gave off a vibe that it is really made with love. Enough said, you must try this!

Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

So we where walking around rome desperately looking for a restaurant to have a meal. We stumbled upon this piece of heavenly sent "Gelato" on our way to a not so good pasta.. Damm tourist traps!! I say...

Going back to this place Wow! the Chocolate gelato was out of this world!... It a MUST when in ROME.. Gelato is no shown like a cheap dollar store object... Its carefully kept from sunlight and the elements as the owner eloquently informed me...

THIS is a MUst goo

Reviewed April 5, 2014

I've been coming to Roma once a year for the past few years. Besides all the wonderful restaurants in the neighborhood where I stay, there is a new gelato shop which is by far the best in Roma, maybe all of Italy! "Hedera" or "Sweetness & Co" at Borgo Pio no. 179 very near The Vatican offers a small assortment of gelato flavors, but each, without question is superior to any other shop. All are made fresh daily without additives or preservatives and the selection changes with the season. Flavors like strawberry, (Fragola) are only on the menu when they are in season. When a flavor is done for the day, there will be no more until the next day's fresh batch. Nothing is held over for the following day, it is discarded each evening. The staff is friendly and pleasant and the older gentleman at the register is always ready with a welcoming smile. If you like gelato you can find it in many places in Roma, but if you LOVE gelato this is the only place to find the very best!

Reviewed April 4, 2014

We loved this place and came here almost every night we were in Rome. I can't put into words how much I LOVED the ricotta and???, it was heaven!! My husband's favorite was the award winning dark chocolate. I always ate mine with the homemade cannoli cone. All the gelato is homemade and they told us that the family has been using the same recipe for like 80 years. So good! It's just a few minutes walk from the Vatican.