“Never ate better ice cream before.”
Review of Hedera

Hedera
Ranked #9 of 781 Dessert in Rome
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Vatican / Borgo
Description: Sweetness & Co.
Reviewed October 12, 2013

My trip to Rome was motivated by food tasting and my wives 30th birthday. I was focused on trying genuine Roman pizzas, freshly made pastas and ofcourse very famous Italian ice cream(3 groups of food I really enjoy). Before I went I have picked number of reccomended establishments (through Trip Advisor) and I was interested about these more than Roman monuments. We went to 4 highly scored ice cream shops ( one of them suppose to be the best in Rome), but I would like to say that Hedera was outstanding. It is located in nice part of the city, the shop has very nice ambience as it is originaly and aesthetically decorated. Family tradition, love and passion towards the ice cream is highly recognizable throughout the shop. Ice cream were very smooth, creamy with very deep, rich long lasting taste.Our favourite flavours were chocolate, hazelnut, pistachio,vanilla, straciatella. I don't like to exaggerate, but place is kind of magical and made our trip special (in the end we were there twice a day). Thank you guys. We hope we will see you again, and we wish you all the best with the new venture.

P.s Prices were the same as any other shops, quality the best, portions were substantial, hence great value for money.

1  Thank Bart K

Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

So fresh and tasty. Had the ricotta and honey, (not your usual but delish). Must try for any traveller after a day at the vatican.

Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Simply I can eat it everyday. .u will never regret going there. .try the choclate it will just make u feel happy

Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

What we had here was different from the gelato we've had at other places - real quality homemade gelato made with fresh, local ingredients. It appears to be a small family business, evidently run with tradition and pride. The visit was well worth the search, best gelato we've had in Italy! PS homemade cannoli cones YUMMM

Reviewed September 22, 2013

The gelato is divine and the owner and staff are charming. The owner's father was working away making the ice cream in the back of the shop the first day we went in, and his son (and owner) was serving the ice cream, telling us about the ice cream. The gelato was so good (we had pistachio, nocciola, and very dark chocolate), we came back each day we were in Rome!! Great quality and charming people. You can sit on the benches outside and watch the world go by.