Book In Advance
Tours from Rome Private Excursions tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Rome Private Excursions
from $116.20
from $116.20
from $93.00
from $112.70
More Info
All reviews amalfi coast day trip maria laura cruise ship mercedes van tour company private driver his knowledge these guys highly recommend this company spoke perfect english best pizza dropped off booked a private tour great company vatican guide once in a lifetime
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

My adult daughter and I were spending a week in Rome. She is most interested in seeing Pompeii in as easy and self touring way as possible. After a great deal of studying the options I came to the conclusion that while quite expensive, a day trip with Rome Private Excursions was the best way to go.

The driver, Max, was terrific, very knowledgeable and personable. He pretty much grew up in Houston and graduated from the University of Oklahoma so his English is perfect - total understanding of idiom and no accent at all.

The van was very comfortable, quiet, clean and smooth (well as smooth as possible on Roman streets). Max arrived exactly on time. The booking process with Luca was very, very easy. Just one phone call and we were all set. We called after 5:00 pm during our stay on Wednesday asking for a tour on Friday morning and Luca was happy to set it up. He was very clear and upfront about the costs - no hidden charges or confusion.

Since we also visited Herculaneum, we kept Max several hours over and while we did have to pay a little extra, he was very nice about it and very happy to oblige us.

While this is no doubt the most expensive way to accomplish what we wanted, it was also easily the easiest and most pleasant. For us, well worth the money.

My advice: understand the cost and evaluate if it’s worth it for you - if it is, then book with Rome Private Excursions.

As an aside: it would be a crime to miss Pompeii! Incredible site. Absolutely awesome.

1  Thank Tom L
Reviewed 1 week ago

After a Med cruise, that originated and ended in Civitavecchia, the port of Rome, this past September, my companion and I opted for a Rome two day layover. Since my
companion has walking issues the only way to see Rome and surroundings was via
a private car with driver/tour guide. Since this was not our first visit to Rome, we decided on a day excursion to visit Tivoli gardens and the following day CastelGandolfo and the beautiful Roman countryside. I have nothing but the highest regard for the service we
received. On both occasions the driver was knowledgable, and exgremely helpful. In addition to the great service we received on the tours, I have to mention that the whole booking process was easy and 100% professional.The Eternal City is a must and using Rome Private Excursion is the very bes wayt to do it

Reviewed 1 week ago

We had a wonderful time in Rome with Rome Private Excursions. We only had one day toward the end of our trip in Italy to see as much as possible in Rome and I am sure glad we hired a Tour Guide. We would not have done and seen as much as we did without Rome Private Excursions. Very Professional and we never felt rushed. I traveled with My Dad who is 75 yrs old and having Rome Private excursions take us around was a great call. They made our Day special.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Impressive knowledge of the tour guide. The private coach and driver prior to and after the tour of the Vatican was very enlightening of my many trips to Italy. I would reecomment this company very highly to my friends and family. Luka was more like family than a guide.

1  Thank JosephF1329
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This tour was the BEST of all of our tours in Rome! Our driver was extremely knowledgeable. He modified our trip to our interests. I would highly recommend this excursion! If I could rate it more than 5 stars I would!

1  Thank Companion784867
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

On our first full day in Rome, we took a private tour with Max and had a wonderful experience. Max shuttled us around to all of the major tourist sites you must see if it’s your first time in the city. All the while, he provided helpful and super interesting information about the sites and beyond! In total, we saw the Coloseum, the Spanish Steps, the Pantheon, The Trevi Fountain, and the Vatican (for which we hired a different guide, as Max stayed behind). After this tour, we felt very well acquainted with the city and used the rest of our time in Rome to revisit what we loved and explore new things. I would highly recommend.

1  Thank Halley O
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We arrived in Rome Saturday morning and were picked up by Manny! He's awesome. We visited the so many wonderful sights around Rome and Manny was very knowledgeable. He then took us to the port so that we could board the Star Clipper.

1  Thank Beth D
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

despite the difficulities on getting to Sorrento, we couldn't go to because of a fire, our guide did a terrific job in getting to and from the amalfi coast. He was helpful and we had a marvelous time.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My family and I rate RPE a 5 on all levels: the knowledge of the tour guides; the personal qualities and flexibility of the guides; and, the organization of our trips north and south of Rome and orientation of Rome. And Luca was great in helping us figure out what we wanted to do. Correction – I would rate it 5+.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Awesome experience with Christiano! On time for all sites visited. West to see all ancient Rome, had lunch at a quaint Italian Restaurant and then went to the Vatican. Best excursion by far!