“A Memorable Evening in Rome”

A Cooking Day In Rome
Ranked #27 of 68 Classes & Workshops in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: “A Cooking day in Rome” will guide you through a historical, cultural, gastronomic path along the streets of the center of Rome between Piazza Navona and the Pantheon.This is a unique experience,selecting the most genuine ingredients,you will be welcomed into a wonderful loft in Piazza Argentina,we will prepare homemade pasta and other dishes of the Italian culinary tradition in a professional, cosy and warm kitchen like yours at home...
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We booked a cooking lesson here at the end of my family's multi-generational visit to Rome over the week after Thanksgiving. The cooking school is located close to Rome's historic food market, the Campo dei Fiori--making for a pleasant walk over for our cooking class. David Sgueglia, the chef, managed to engage everyone in our group--and gave a thorough, professional tutorial on food preparation, cooking hygiene and knife skills in a fully entertaining way. We laughed, enjoyed wonderful hors d'oeuvres, cooked and enjoyed the school's magnificent open patio (which was comfortably heated, even in the coldest days of early December). By the end of the evening, we'd had engaging instruction, lots of laughs and a fine meal. It was a truly wonderful experience.

1  Thank Mary D

Reviewed June 14, 2014

My daughter and I made this reservation to meet up with another mother daughter taking the class. I had many reservations that were dismissed. David is a wonderful host, great chef and a lot of fun. We had the best time, meeting many wonderful people, making great pasta. We ate, drank, laughed. and truly had a terrific experience. This ended up being a highlight of our trip!
LOVED the whole experience. I can't say enough, sign up!!

Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

All I wanted to do in Italy was learn to make fresh pasta, so my boyfriend booked a cooking lesson with Chef David. We had no idea what to expect, but couldn't have been happier with the result. We couldn't believe how delicious the food we had prepared was and what a beautiful setting we were eating it in (the loft has a truly special balcony lined with flowers, while the kitchen is bright and inviting). Chef David was gracious, helpful and fun! His passion is contagious and he engages you as a teacher, as well as a friend. Book NOW!!

Reviewed April 10, 2014

It is worth every penny to experience making pasta with chef David in his studio. Our group of 12 enjoyed this evening very much. Everything was delicious and I recommend the event when visiting Rome!

1  Thank birthjunki
See more reviews
Reviewed April 8, 2014

When booking our recent trip to Rome both of our boys wanted to take a cooking class. We found this through Walks of Italy and are so happy we did! While our oldest fell asleep about 30 minutes into class due to jet lag (and Chef David made him perfectly comfortable on a sofa); myself, my husband and our youngest son had a blast!
Not only was the class very informative, it was just a lot of fun. We were apprehensive about taking a 9 year old boy to a 3 hour cooking class but he enjoyed it so much. Chef David went out of his way to include our son and to teach him as well. Saturday nights are now pasta making nights in our house!
This is a great opportunity to enjoy and learn about one of the best things in Rome, THE FOOD!!!!!

Been to A Cooking Day In Rome? Share your experiences!