“Bravo!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Osteria Palmira

Osteria Palmira
Reserve with
Osteria Palmira is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #401 of 12,162 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Monteverde
Description: The osteria palmira, was born from a passion for cooking of brother and sister, Claudio and Assunta, born and raised in a tavern which stood in the center of the first district of rome, rione monti, via del boschetto, with dad anthony and mom palmyra. Today, after several experiences, they managed to recreate that tavern and family to reach those flavors of the past thanks to the teachings of his father Antonio, came to us thanks to the culinary skills of mom palmyra. The Place to be dedicated to her mom, grandma palmira. Tradition continues.
Rome, Italy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bravo!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

When in Rome, do as the Romans do! Do you want to taste the genuine Roman cuisine, off the usual tourist tracks, the way mamma used to do it? This is the place! The quality of the food is excellent and the atmosphere is easy and friendly and there is a great choice of interesting wines and beers.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Smilja291

• Hebrew first
New York City, New York
“A fine dine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

After being in Rome for about 6 weeks- I always find myself going back to Osteria Palmira! It is a truly authentic Italian experience. I order the pasta of the day or a delicious pizza for dinner. The price is just right and is definitely worth a drop in if you are tired of the touristy traps in the city center.

Every time a new friend of mine visits Rome, the first place I bring them is Osteria Palmira. Each one of them mentioned how much they enjoyed the food, the atmosphere, and of course the friendly staff. Personally, didn't feel like a tourist being in this restaurant, I felt like I was part of the Italian community. The owner speaks English well, so I definitely felt a bit more comfortable communicating while still having a chance to practice my Italian. I'm so glad I stumbled upon this hidden gem in the neighborhood! You won't regret trying this restaurant!

Shout out to the fantastic Chef and helpful staff! :)

• Visited July 2013
Rome, Lazio, Italy
“Warm greetings, delicious food, and true Italian culture”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Osteria Palmira holds a special place in my heart and of course my tummy! If you are looking for an authentic Italian restaurant where they welcome you like family, make sure you have everything you need, and a place that will go the extra mile to make something special just for you...THIS IS IT HANDS DOWN!

My very first meal in Rome (actual big and nice dinner) was here. From the moment I walked in to this classy Italian hearth, I was greeted so kindly by Claudio and the entire famiglia! I have brought back other students, had a birthday dinner (they made a gorgeous dolci for the 10 of us) and I have also picked-up dinner to take home. I have eaten at this restaurant more than 10 times during my stay so far and will continue to do so! Pizza with grilled vegetables, delectable cuts of meat, amazing suppli, and of course irresistible dolci make this a definite place to visit while in Rome!

They truly have amazing customer service to the point you will never want to get up once you sit down! One of my friends that came along for dinner is extremely picky. So after her incessant questioning of everything on the menu to the chef, he made something special for her. Their exemplary service and attention to detail also showed when they once placed some version of ketchup by my roommates potato dish (mimicking fries and ketchup) to help her feel more at home the day she was extremely homesick.

I could continue to tell you about every visit I have had at this beautiful and familial restaurant, but it would never suffice for the experience you will receive in person. This authentic Italian restaurant will not disappoint you and as for the negative review, simply think of one word "culture." One should not order a true Italian pizza (not a fold-able one from a food cart or tiny food place) for lunch. I had to learn that too and I came to appreciate the new knowledge of true Italian culture and etiquette as opposed to getting ignorantly upset.

Blessings to all of you in your travels and do yourselves a favor...GO HAVE AN AMAZING MEAL AT OSTERIA PALMIRA

3 Thank Rome_Lazio_ItalyCare
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food with cosy atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

The owner of the restaurant was friendly and gave us a warm wlecome when we arrived. Introduced to us the appetizer - plate of pamma ham, salami and cheese. It was fresh and delicious. Followed by home made pasta which was just awesome!! We ended our meal with tiramisu, which was just satisfying. The bill came out reasonable for the amount of food and wine we consumed! For 3 paxs, it costed us less than 95 Euros for the "whole works".Highly recommended.

1 Thank Agnes Y
Singapore, Singapore
“A Great Local Place to escape the tourists - forget the one critical review!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

Ate here with 2 friends from KL having found it close to where we were staying - courtesy of the Tripadvisor App on my iPad. The Osteria is as described a great local family restaurant catering for locals (we were the only non Italians in there) although the owner made us extremely welcome and was kind enough to speak some english for us. We had lovely Antipasto followed by 3 different types of home made pasta and a bottle of local organic red wine. What was sad was the impact that the negative review from Arafat had had on the owner. As we sat down he told us that he didn't serve pizza at lunchtime as most romans see it as a dinner dish. I am confident that in the days and weeks ahead there will only be more positive ones like this. Highly recommended.

1 Thank TW_Travel