“The best pizza I've ever eaten”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Zizzi Pizza

Zizzi Pizza
Ranked #160 of 12,162 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Fast Food
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Cash Only, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Monti
Description: Artisan workshop for pizza. Leavened dough 72 hours, stone ground organic flour, extra virgin olive oil. Fresh ingredients and seasonal produce. NOT USE THE FREEZER. You can find: sandwiches homemade with hamburger meat Danish, round pizzas (dinner only), fried homemade and not frozen, anchovies fish fried , pizza by the slice. All accompanied by excellent artisan and domestic beers, soft Italian natural without preservatives and artificial coloring.
Rome, Italy
“The best pizza I've ever eaten”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

Just try this pizza to make sure you have done the best choice. Zizzi pizza is the best pizza in Rome!

• Visited July 2014

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Tasty pizza with a friendly owner that is a cutie pie!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Don't let the size of this establishment prevent you from going in! When I arrived after a very long walk touring the city, the owner gave me a ball of breaded cheese and meat sauce as a starter! While ordering, I had a lot of questions and he answered all of them with a smile in his face! When my food came, the pizza was great but the burger was not what I'm used to. So I recommend sticking the Italian dishes if you are accustomed to American burgers. Overall, 5 stars for the food and cutie pie owner!

2 Thank Maka Z
Rome, Italy
“Excellent quality pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

I've been to Zizzi's for the first time more than one year ago and I keep stopping by whenever I can since there aren't any other places around that have a similar quality of pizza. Must go place, totally recommend to anyone!!

Chicago, Illinois
“What the...?! Not True Italian Pizza”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

I had some great true Italian pizza the first night I was in Rome and wanted to try to one up myself by finding an even better place. Tripadvisor reviews pointed me to Zizzi. Well, the reviews do get one thing right, the pizza here is really tasty, in fact, just like the kind back home in the U.S. Wow, never have been so disappointed in Tripadvisor before. Went here around 7 PM, and just a few slices of cold pizza sitting out with no other customers. Tiny place. They said lunch was the best time for pizza by the slice and suggested I order a whole pizza, so I ordered two pizzas, margarita (basically a cheese pizza) and a capricciosa (a little bit of everything). Had to get take out because they only have one table. Yes, one table. Brought the pizzas back to hotel room and....it was American-style crust pizza (floury, soft doughy style crust of a medium thickness). Yes, the topping style is sort of Italian, with prosciutto, salami, etc (no pepperoni), but in all other areas, it's an American pizza (sauce and mozarella were a little thinner than most US pizza chains but tasted the same). I think most Americans (I am American) are fooled by this place because they sell mostly by the slice, which are cut into squares so it's hard to tell the crust style from sight alone. I should have taken the clue from the American mom who said her kids loved the pizza here. That's probably because it tasted so much like US pizza. You should hear: "Mom, why is the crust so weird?" They also didn't cut my pizzas into slices, just left me to tear at the whole pizza, which made a little mess. Don't go here for authentic Italian pizza. Go here for great American pizza with Italian toppings.

Visited July 2014
Tampa, Florida
“Outstanding foccacia bread!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

They claimed it was just their dough with olive oil but it had rosemary seasoning and tasted amazing!! She gave me a corner square which made everything perfect. Plus it was only 1.30 euro! Wished I had eaten before because I'm sure if their dough was that good, their pizza must be amazing!!!