“Tasty pizza with a friendly owner that is a cutie pie!”
Review of Zizzi Pizza

Zizzi Pizza
Ranked #179 of 12,437 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Monti
Description: Artisan workshop for pizza. Leavened dough 72 hours, stone ground organic flour, extra virgin olive oil. Fresh ingredients and seasonal produce. NOT USE THE FREEZER. You can find: sandwiches homemade with hamburger meat Danish, round pizzas (dinner only), fried homemade and not frozen, anchovies fish fried , pizza by the slice. All accompanied by excellent artisan and domestic beers, soft Italian natural without preservatives and artificial coloring.
“Tasty pizza with a friendly owner that is a cutie pie!”
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Don't let the size of this establishment prevent you from going in! When I arrived after a very long walk touring the city, the owner gave me a ball of breaded cheese and meat sauce as a starter! While ordering, I had a lot of questions and he answered all of them with a smile in his face! When my food came, the pizza was great but the burger was not what I'm used to. So I recommend sticking the Italian dishes if you are accustomed to American burgers. Overall, 5 stars for the food and cutie pie owner!

2 Thank Maka Z

• Turkish first
Rome, Italy
“Excellent quality pizza”
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

I've been to Zizzi's for the first time more than one year ago and I keep stopping by whenever I can since there aren't any other places around that have a similar quality of pizza. Must go place, totally recommend to anyone!!

Chicago, Illinois
“What the...?! Not True Italian Pizza”
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

I had some great true Italian pizza the first night I was in Rome and wanted to try to one up myself by finding an even better place. Tripadvisor reviews pointed me to Zizzi. Well, the reviews do get one thing right, the pizza here is really tasty, in fact, just like the kind back home in the U.S. Wow, never have been so disappointed in Tripadvisor before. Went here around 7 PM, and just a few slices of cold pizza sitting out with no other customers. Tiny place. They said lunch was the best time for pizza by the slice and suggested I order a whole pizza, so I ordered two pizzas, margarita (basically a cheese pizza) and a capricciosa (a little bit of everything). Had to get take out because they only have one table. Yes, one table. Brought the pizzas back to hotel room and....it was American-style crust pizza (floury, soft doughy style crust of a medium thickness). Yes, the topping style is sort of Italian, with prosciutto, salami, etc (no pepperoni), but in all other areas, it's an American pizza (sauce and mozarella were a little thinner than most US pizza chains but tasted the same). I think most Americans (I am American) are fooled by this place because they sell mostly by the slice, which are cut into squares so it's hard to tell the crust style from sight alone. I should have taken the clue from the American mom who said her kids loved the pizza here. That's probably because it tasted so much like US pizza. You should hear: "Mom, why is the crust so weird?" They also didn't cut my pizzas into slices, just left me to tear at the whole pizza, which made a little mess. Don't go here for authentic Italian pizza. Go here for great American pizza with Italian toppings.

Visited July 2014
Tampa, Florida
“Outstanding foccacia bread!!!”
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

They claimed it was just their dough with olive oil but it had rosemary seasoning and tasted amazing!! She gave me a corner square which made everything perfect. Plus it was only 1.30 euro! Wished I had eaten before because I'm sure if their dough was that good, their pizza must be amazing!!!

“Delicious Pizza!!”
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stopped by this placs to try the pizza based on all the positive TripAdvisor reviews and it was great! The owner of the place was very friendly and we even chatted with his sister who was very sweet. Definately check this place out for yummy pizza :)