“Swing by it” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Cash Only, Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Vatican / Borgo
Description: Since 2003, the best ice cream in the heart of Rome, a few steps from the Vatican and Castel Sant'Angelo. High quality raw materials, fresh seasonal ingredients and no preservatives, chemical additives, artificial flavors and coloring, guarantee a healthy and delicious ice cream in compliance with the seasons, nature and tradition. Discover all our tastes, yogurt, ices, milkshakes, smoothies, juices and centrifuges!
Rome, Italy
“Swing by it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Finally this place is on TA! I live very close by and, although this is not my "reference" as far ad ice-cream places go, it still manages to attract me. Great variety of tastes - salty peanuts it's amazing -, very nice service, especially by Roman standards, and, rare for Italy, amazing milkshakes. Also, it's a neat little shop. Appreciated by locals too, it's on the "least-touristic" end of Borgo Pio. Swing by when you can.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Carlo G

• Hebrew first
Manchester, United Kingdom
“raspberry ice cream!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Raspberry ice cream from here is superb. So full of flavour and fresh. The pistachio is also very very good. Its in a good spot in the borga area round Vatican city, easy to find- I'd definitely get to this place if youre in the area.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank SamuelHolland8
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“A Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

We were meandering back to our Hotel after our visit to Vaticn City when we stumbled upon this small restaurant. We saw local Italians were having Gelato outside so thought that was a good sign - it was! They have the best Gelato I have ever tasted! The staff were also friendly and they also had very reasonably priced coffee (didn't try so can't attest to quality).
I say seek out this place - you won't be disappointed!

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank Albywon
Zagreb, Croatia
“The real Borgo pio”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

Positioned in one of the most authentic parts of old medieval Rome which unfortunately has become a collection of tourist trap restaurants aimed at those taking an alternative route between the San Pietro and Castel Sant'Angelo. As I like this neighborhood very much, I try to make it a part of my trip to Rome whenever I get the chance. The beauty of it is that it has that small village feeling where everybody knows each other and among dozens of 'touristy' places you can still find some of those places that the 'villagers' from Borgo consider their own. One of them is the small gelateria Sublime with it's amazing home made ice creams. The tastes change every time I go there and they manage to amaze me with both the tastes and ingenuity of combinations. Salty peanuts, caramelized figs & nuts or mandarine are just some of many I tried and couldn't get enough. A big part of this place is the owner that you can see running around with bags of fresh fruits or squeezing the juice out of mandarines behind the counter. Don't expect to be treated as royalty though, although the service tends to be a little rough, that is just what the 'real' Rome is. Keep it short and simple and you'll be just fine.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank thehuda
ann arbor, mi
“Sublime!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

We have been in Rome for 9 days now and have averaged 3 gelatos a day. This has been our favorite! We have been twice and would go more if it were closer to where we are staying. Homemade, fresh and no pretense. Obviously made with love.
Dont forget to try the sorbet. The rasberry was like eating a bowl of fresh sweet fruit!

2 Thank mackswim

Been to Sublime? Share your experiences!