“The best tour I've ever been on” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rome With Jimmy - Day Tour

Rome With Jimmy - Day Tour
Ranked #383 of 756 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: The ideas behind this tour is simple, it is to create the greatest tour in Rome that encapsulates everything in one day. While the tour visits the most important spots in Rome, the tour also ensures to take you to places off the beaten track that most tours don't have time to include. It is inspiring, informative, caters for families and adults alike and it great fun. Jimmy's easy going nature and incredible passion for his job ensures that everyone goes home content is what should be one of the most interesting days of your life, spanning Rome's 2,700 year history, its food, and its culture. Jimmy is a historian, an artist and a food lover and all of these passions are central to his wonderful tour.
herbiemc
“The best tour I've ever been on”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Jimmy gave us a tour that was incredibly informative, interesting and humorous, all in one. It was extremely interesting, not only to get the facts, but to link a lot of the events from the time to what we see around us today. We only had time for the forum and colloseum tour but I'll be signing up for the whole lot next time I'm back.

Visited May 2013

Rome, Italy
“Bringing Rome to life for a Roman!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Having lived in Rome for 3 years, I would class myself as knowledgeable with regards to the wonderful history of the city........how wrong I was. Jimmy delivered a fantastic experience and led us through a historical journey on his Roman Forum and Colloseum tour. Not only was the information presented with a deep enthusiasm and obvious passion for his trade, it was littered with wonderful insights and stories that I had never heard of, and they really brought the history to life. As well as relating the past to the present and connecting the dots with the rest of Rome's legendary sites, Jimmy was able to answer any of our questions and showed an amazing depth of knowledge, while keeping us completely entertained throughout. I would highly recommend this experience to anyone visiting Rome and it has definitely wet my appetite for his other tours around the eternal city. You will be discussing the content of this tour with each other for days after.

Visited February 2013
Plainview, New York
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Fantastic! I would take any tour with jimmy as leader!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

My 20 yr old daughter and I took the 3 hour colloseum and forum tour with Jimmy. Originally we thought we would just go by ourselves and last minute decided to book the tour. I'm so glad we did as we got so much more out of the experience! Jimmy is very charming, with his Irish accent , great sense of humor,vast knowledge of history, language, and his ability to weave it all together in a most interesting / thorough manner. He brought the whole tour to life and it went by very quickly. He is able to provide interesting historical stories and relate it to present day. I can't say enough good things about Jimmy:, his energy and his ability to convey his love of history, Rome, linguistics, in such a fun way. By going on the tour you also avoid the lines, as he is able to take you straight through. The size of the group is perfect also, we had 6 people in our group, I think maximum is 8. ( ironically we met a couple from our colosseum tour accidentally on a bridge in Venice!). Bottom line, I wouldn't hesitate to take any tour with Jimmy!

Visited April 2013
Rome, Italy
“great day seeing rome!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

spent a great day seeing rome with jimmy. jimmy delivers a very well informed tour and it is easy to see his passion and interest in providing the best way to learn about rome. in addition jimmy shows his care for people by ensuring that everything they need is provided-including carrying extra umbrellas on a wet morning as someone was always likely to show up without one. jimmy showed us the best things of rome and always had great information about them.

Visited March 2013
Porto-Vecchio, France
“Great fun despite the rain!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

Jimmy took us on a tour of the Colosseum and the ancient forum last month. Jimmy's enthusiastic delivery made sure it was engaging and entertaining throughout. The route was well-planned allowing us to avoid the queues at the Colosseum and ensuring the whole tour linked together nicely making it easier to take in the history of the sites in context. The extent of his knowledge of the Roman history is impressive. I would highly recommend the tour to anybody visiting Rome.

Visited March 2013