“Amazing experience ”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centro
Reviewed May 13, 2019 via mobile

We booked this restaurant based on the reviews and it didn’t disappoint. The best Italian food I have had anywhere. The service was fantastic and the prices very reasonable. The whole experience amazing and we would go back in a heartbeat.

Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

The food was very nice. Not to crowded, very nice place. It doesn’t look amazing from the outside but the inside is nice. The people are friendly and the wine is tastefull. The only - is that they have a tv with music, it was a bit to loud. After I asked they turned it a bit doen.

When you visit Rome it is a good place to eat.

Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

Based on some of the reviews we expected this restaurant to be a hidden gem, authentic and very Italian, but it is hardly that, with pictures of the main sights of Rome on the wall. Quite nice interior though, but obviously it's a restaurant for all the tourists passing by. The waiter was young and seemed very unexperienced, he had to ask a colleague for help. I asked for lamb with artichoke and as they only had lamb with potatoes on the menu, I ordered the lamb but with the artchoke as a side order. The lamb came, and the cod dish my husband had ordered, and then the artichoke. The potatoes never came, so we assumed they had replaced them with the artichoke. The fish was a bit bland, the lamb was nice and the artichoke as good as it gets in Rome. The truffel dessert was very good. The young waiter didn't coordinate the arrival and removal of the plates so we got served at a different pace, which was a bit annoying. But the most annoying thing was that they charged us for the total amount of the lamb dish and the artichoke dish was added separately. When I asked about it, the reply was that the price is the same even if some of the items are removed from the dish. Technically I had not asked them to remove the potatoes, just to add the artichoke, and would certainly have demanded to be served the missing potatoes, if this rather strange policy had been explained to me. We might consider this restaurant again just to try the pasta that so many have written good reviews about, but we won't go back because of the service and the lack of authenticality that we were expecting. There are restaurants in Rome that actually take pride in beeing service minded and provide genuine Roman food with a suttleness and "air" that add up to a way better experience than this one turned out to be.

Reviewed May 11, 2019 via mobile

The waiter/waitress are very friendly and helpful.

We waited a bit long for our plates atund 20-25 mins (there were many people at that times). But it's fine for us thanks to the food!

For the appertizer, we took garlic breads (2 slices), the taste was so delicious, it's really worth to try. Main dishes, I took Roman Trippa. It's some kind of beef tripe stew with rosemary and tomato, I really like it, the taste was quite strong.

The decoration is homy, but it's still needed some improvement.

Reviewed April 23, 2019

My wife and I got some restaurant advice on the first day our Italy excursion: find a really good but unpretentious family-run restaurant, and go with it. As so we did, seeking out Ristorante All'Ombra Del Quirinale due to its outstanding reviews. Now I can add to them: bravo!! Phenomenal dishes, good portions, fair prices, great service -- what's not to love. Strongly recommended. We'll be back next trip to Italy.

Date of visit: March 2019
2  Thank mnp4042

Been to All'Ombra del Quirinale? Share your experiences!