“Delicious!”

Ranked #6 of 782 Dessert in Rome
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Vatican / Borgo
Description: Home-made ice cream in the center of Rome, few steps from St.Peter's square. Besides the ice cream you can enjoy: pastries,fresh fruit smoothies,milkshakes, slushies and crepes.
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

On our way back to our hotel we stumbled upon this great place. Very friendly staff,
Great gelato with real flavors, affordable and great location. Can't ask for no more.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

We ended going to this gelataria about 4 time during our 3 day stay in Rome it was that good. The owner Giuseppe is such a lovley guy who works really hard for his business and as other people have said speaks English really well. He was super helpful with my nut allergy in finding me ice cream I could eat which is rare I can tell you! Have to recommend the Yoghurt and Panne Cota flavours!

5  Thank unionofsound
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I ate my first ice cream of Rome here and I loved it. The owner was very friendly and he talked English very well, which is rare in Rome. During my vacation in Rome I haven't found a better gelateria than this one.

1  Thank tess v
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I've been in Rome for a long weekend together with my boyfriend and while walking around St. Peter Square we saw "l'Arena del Gelato" by chance and decided to refresh our body with a real Italian ice cream....Just Delicious! I have no other words to describe that taste! I chose some Pistacchio and Nocciola (since I prefer the classical ice cream), while my boyfriend is more into fruits (you can even find ice cream done from exotic fruits from South America!!!) and both of them were so creamy and tasteful!! I've recommended my friends who are travelling soon to Rome to take the chance and try that gorgeous Gelato!

1  Thank RoseOfDanmark
Reviewed October 11, 2013

This was the first place we went to in Italy to have gelato and were not disappointed. When visiting L'Arena del Gelato you'll find the guy behind the counter is one in the same from the photos you'll see here, so you'll know you're in the right place. You'll be greeted in a friendly manner and helped with your Italian as you order (for those of us who only know English). The flavors offered are much the same as you'll find throughout Italy, except this is the real deal. As we later found out on a food tour, 85% of the gelato in Roma is made from powders (we'll call it fake from now on). If so much is "fake" how is one to know this is the good stuff? Unlike so many other gelatorias throughout the city, and the rest of Italy, you won't find huge mounds of product sitting in the tubs nor will you find unnatural colors. The banana will be white to tan, not yellow (the peel is yellow, not the banana you'd eat); mint will be white, not green (the extract is used which is clear, not the leafy greens). When in Roma, stop in and enjoy some excellent chocolate and caffe gelato or a superb fruity mix.

2  Thank metrohoper