“Fantastic calamari and prociutto”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Kalamaro Piadinaro - CLOSED

Kalamaro Piadinaro
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Trastevere
Penicuik, United Kingdom
“Fantastic calamari and prociutto”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

The little "street food" shop was just along the road from our hotel and we hopped in as we wanted something different to pasta and pizza. We were not disappointed! Melt-in-the-mouth prociutto (ham) of the highest quality, but we were really here for the mixed battered and fried seafood with vegetables (also fried) with lemon. Fantastic!!! We came back the next day as we were addicted!!!! I can only recommend it and the staff was superfriendly, very good English and very proud of their products (as they can be)! If we come back to Rome we definitely know where to go for some special food!!

• Visited March 2014

• Greek first
Chicago, Illinois
“Something new!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

If you want a break from pasta, pizza, and panini come and get a piadina. They aren't super cheap but they are homemade with fresh ingredients and really delicious. The staff is friendly and quick. Indoor seating available or you can take it to go.

Visited December 2013
Port Townsend, Washington
“Refreshing Alternative to Pizza and Panini Sandwiches”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

After three days in Rome and already tired of pizza and panini sandwiches, we stumbled onto Kalamaro Piadinaro in Trastevere. It's billed as "fast food" and they do cook it up absolutely fresh when you order, but the quality is way beyond fast food. They have a seafood "fish and chips" that beats anything I have tasted and their flat bread wraps were to die for. My wife and I had dinner there tonight for just over 20 euros including a 10 euro bottle of wine--we're headed back that way tomorrow.

• Visited November 2013
Jarfalla, Sweden
“A remarkably satisfying experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

I just had a one of the best meals I think I ever had! It started with me and my family receiving very good service with selecting meals for all of us. I enjoyed being addressed in English, since I don't speak Italian, and I was very happy that a special meal was prepared for one of us who is extremely picky. So when I ordered for myself, I asked for their recommendations, sharing that I had never tried a piadina before. A short while later, I was enjoying a sensational piadina with soft cheese sauce, rocket lettuce and a very good dry-cured ham, which I enjoyed with Midona, italian beer. I thoroughly enjoyed it from the first bite to the last, and hours later, I am still enriched by the experience. I love this concept of a simple idea - piadina - combined with high quality ingredients. I also love being served by someone who obviously cares about his work and the experiences it leaves his customers with. This is all the more remarkable since this is fast food, and it isn't even expensive! I do suggest you give it a try!

• Visited October 2013
Budapest, Hungary
“Perfect Piadinas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

We have found this place after seeing it in a gastro-video review. It was so good we have visited it twice during our Rome trip. It's in the Trastevere neighborhood. We have tried the piadinas, i recommend the piadina with porchetta and zucchini. The fried mozarellas and vegetables were also really tasty! For a dessert try the Nutella Piadina with Coco and nocciola! The staff were really friendly and helpful! A true gem in Rome!

• Visited October 2013