“Outstanding quality”

Il Peperoncino d'Oro
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Il Peperoncino d'Oro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #876 of 12,271 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Soups, Gastropub
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Monti
Musselburgh, United Kingdom
“Outstanding quality”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Recommended by our hotel and a smashing place not to be missed.
Pasta was great, pork lovely and chocolate fondant to die for!
Great value for money.
Not for the claustrophobic as it is a tight squeeze but a small problem as the food makes up for it!

• Greek first
Rugby, United Kingdom
“Great find in tourist area”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I called into this place by chance as I was walking past - I liked the idea of one of the dishes on the menu they had posted outside.In fact, I liked the fact that they had posted the menu outside. It is a small place, seating perhaps 24 at most, so you may need to book. The food was interesting and imaginative, well presented and tasty. They clearly care about the sourcing of the ingredients - the olive oil was organic and if my Italian was better, I am sure I would have discovered a theme.
My starter was cod tempura, with perfect batter. It was served as 4 pieces in an elegant dish with four compartments in, hard to describe, but a pleasing level of attention to the presentation. For the main course, I ended up not picking what had tempted me in (lamb chops) but instead had some pigeon on a bed of grilled aubergines and courgettes. Again, perfectly cooked and elegantly presented.

I don't know what I had for desert, but it was delicious - fruity, light, foamy, mousse like

If I was being picky, I would say the tempura was a little salty and the portions of the main course a little small. The good thing is that means you'd have room for a pasta course too!

• Visited February 2013