“Loved the Fish Soup”

Osteria Pizzeria Da Otello
Reserve with
Osteria Pizzeria Da Otello is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #137 of 12,676 Restaurants in Rome
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Trastevere
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We went here because we were recommended by Luigi, a seventysomething year old local Roman. Situated in Trastevere, one of thebest areas to go out at night, it made or a typical italian evening. We also saw a few celebrities: players of the local Roma soccer team. The food was high quality. Not cheap, but made for a memorable and out of the ordinary evening.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

Recently while travelling with a small group (6 people) we stopped at the da Otello for lunch. The restaurant had been recommended by an Italian friend to one of our group.

Upon arrival we were sat at two tables outside, there is no room outside to accommodate a group of 6 or more as the "patio" is located on a narrow side street. The waiter spoke English which made it convenient for our group and our limited Italian. He recommended that we look at the Roman specialities on the menu. Based on his recommendation I ordered a salumi antipasti plate and the roast lamb, which the waiter said was the best dish on the menu. My partner ordered a caprese salad and beef rolls (piece of beef rolled and stuffed). Several people in the group order the mixed seafood salad as an appetizer and the roast lamb as a main.

I found the lamb to be just okay - it was over cooked though not tough. I prefer my lamb a little pink. Also, the portion was just small pieces and I found myself wanting more. The roast potatoes that came with the lamb were the highlight of the plate. The salami appetizer was just okay and not what I expected. It was listed as a Roman specialty but what I got I could pull out of my fridge in Canada. My partners caprese salad was good and she really liked the beef rolls. They reminder her of a German dish her family makes. She found the filling very flavourful. The people that ordered the mixed seafood felt there was too much calamari and not enough variety. Others that got the lamb felt it was just okay.

It bit of a disappointing experience.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

Nice location in heart of Trastevere but although the place was busy that was probably just because it is cheap. Service was average, particularly if you didn't speak Italian and the food was mediocre. Lots of better options all around so I can't understand why they don't make the effort. Missed opportunity.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

Terrible the worst in Rome they are in nice venue nice spot. in Trastevere but sucks everythings brrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Reviewed February 22, 2012

First...DELICIOUS Bruschette. YUM. Food was good, service was a bit slow but this is an old-school type atmosphere with an older Italian waitstaff. It was sweet, simple and the dishes were probably made by grandma in the back. Just excellent and delicious!