“An absolutely glorious place to stay.”

Cibele Bed&Breakfast
Ranked #115 of 3,692 Rome B&B and Inns
Iowa City, Iowa
“An absolutely glorious place to stay.”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

My daughter and I stayed here in January 2014. It is just a wonderful, comfortable, spacious apartment with beautiful contemporary decor. The location is terrific -- near the Cavour metro stop, incredibly near the Colisseum, forum, etc. It's just a bit outside the major tourist venues -- but Rome is made for walking.
Giuseppe is a courteous, thoughtful host who had some great suggestions for us on places to eat, things to see. He even arranged ballet tickets for us in advance of our trip when I was unable to navigate the Teatro dell'Opera's website. I loved our stay in Rome & this wonderful B&B is something I will recommend to all our friends.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
gidima79, Owner at Cibele Bed&Breakfast, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
WOW!!!!

I really have no words to correctly express how thankful I am for such an amazing review!!!

It has been a great pleasure to host you and show you the city...helping you also with the ballet tickets was really nice: Italy is about culture and my guests fully enjoy it I feel like I have really succeeded in my job!

Thank you very much again for your lovely company and all these beautiful words!

I hope to see you soon,
Giuseppe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Polish first
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Both my girlfriend and I had the pleasure of staying at the Cibele Bed & Breakfast at the end of November 2013 and we couldn't have wished for a more perfect location and host.

For anyone visiting Rome for the first time, I urge you to book your stay at Giuseppe’s wonderful bed and breakfast apartment. The accommodation was beautifully and tastefully decorated, spotless, and in a location which will take you far away from the tourists, but leave you in the bustling heart of Rome with everything you could want at your doorstep.

And your host? If it’s your first time visiting this amazing city, you couldn't ask for a more accommodating and informative guide. Able to assist with the planning of your day with activities and some of the best (and hidden) restaurants in the city, Giuseppe was the perfect friend to have.

Anyone we know who is planning to visit Rome, this will be the place we will always recommend them to stay and we are already planning our return trip.

If you’re checking Tripadvisor for the best place to stay in Rome, stop looking. It’s here.

See you again next year,

Dan and Kates

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank keenadan
Dear Dan and Kates...

You really moved me!!!
You have been able to seriously transform a review in to a tremendous advertisement tool: your words are unbelivebly faltering and I really don't know how to thank you!

Moreover, thank you for considering me a friend...that is so sweet of you!

I hope I will have the pleasure to see you again in Rome...

I wish you all the best,
Someren, The Netherlands
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We would like to thank Guiseppe for the perfect stay at his wonderful bed and breakfast appartment. Guiseppe was also a great guide for us. His knowlegde about the secrets of Rome is a very good. And the cookies that came with the breakfast were lovely.

Rutger & Helma, Someren, The Netherlands

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Helmavanoijen
Thank you so much Rutger and Helma!!!

It has been a great pleasure to host you here, you are really nice and I hope I will have the honor of having you here again soon!

Miami, Florida
Reviewed January 8, 2014

What a great experience I had in Rome, I must say! but it would have never been the same if I had picked a different place to stay. Cibele was simply amazing! Very cozy, great service and very well located! The room was beautiful and contemporary and I love their "green" concept. Highly recommended! =)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Perfect location: very close to subway, can walk to termini. lots of good restaurants around BB. Very safe area.
Good design: modern and fancy room ever!
駅もコロッセオも徒歩圏内。治安も良く、周りに色んなお店があり、夜も賑やかです。写真でもわかるとおり、とにかくオシャレな部屋。

Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Mahakara
Thank you so so much...you even took time to write your review in two languages!!!

It has been a great pleasure and honor to host you here, you company was really pleasant and I hope I will have the honor of having you here again soon!

Brunswick Heads, Australia
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

For a venue that is recently renovated but set in the old section of Rome...close to the Colosseum by foot, this was a great place to stay. It is basic but offers all the comforts you need to rest your weary body after a day or more of sights in Rome . Guipesse our host was wonderful , and his English was superb. He showed us various sites to visit which were not listed in the normal tourist information places. We definitely enjoyed viewing these apart from the normal tourist attractions. Giuseppe is building his business in the B and B industry and we would recommend this setting for a couple who want the simplicity of bed and breakfast but within walking distance of everything in the old city of Rome.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LyndellandMarc
Dear Lyndell and Marc,

I really appreciate your amazing review...thank you so much for every single beautiful word you spent for me...and thank you very much for the compliments about my English :)

I really enjoyed your company and I hope I will have occasion in the future to share some other time with you!

I wish you all the best,
Charlottesville, VA
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I am SO happy we found Cibele Bed & Breakfast for our stay in Rome. We stayed two nights, and after our entire trip across Italy, I think this was our favorite place we stayed the entire time. The location is wonderful -- very close to the Colosseum and the Forum -- and also surrounded by restaurants and shops. We also enjoyed walking the streets to the other sights like Trevi Fountain and even the Vatican. It's not that far of a walk and a good way to see the city. It was also convenient that the metro station was so close to get us to the main train station with our luggage.

Our room was beautiful and spacious and had a great view out the window. It's true you have to go up stairs to get to the room -- but Guiseppe was quick to greet us and helped carry our bags up. It really wasn't an issue. I'd recommend Cibele to anyone visiting Rome -- it's such a great value and you'll feel like you're at home even in Rome.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
gidima79, Owner at Cibele Bed&Breakfast, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!

To be considered the best place you stayed in during your entire trip in Italy is one of the best compliment and accomplishment for me and Cibele!!!!

You have been splendid guests, your company so enjoyable and your enthusiasm was the best reward for my job!!!!

Thank you very much again for everything, I hope I will see you soon again!