“Amazing position!”

Best Suites Pantheon
Ranked #1,101 of 3,644 Rome B&B and Inns

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Greek first
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Pantheon Suites is centrally located which is good, but the Customer Service that they have leaves a lot to be desired. First of all it is not a proper hotel but a B & B without 24hr reception which makes it complicated when you have a problem after they jet off home which is usually after they give your key.
They put a tiny diminutive toilet paper roll, so in my case when I ran out of it after midnight, there was not a soul to ask in reception and had to rely on my own tissues, thank God I had them because I wouldn't like to be looking for toilette paper after midnight around Rome.
Now another issue that really annoyed me in terms of good Customer Service is the fact that even though I payed my rate with breakfast included on the departing day, I had to pay for own breakfast due to them not arranging things as they had promised. My train departed early before their 8:30 time, when I told them that and asked if I could have something before, they said they would leave a tray for me the night before, Katerina never did and they never came to my room either to arrange or to tell me what to expect next day, tray on floor? tray in my room? I was checking train times online in my room the least she could have done was to come and tell me what would happen the next day, she never did. After waiting and waiting in my room I called Jerric on his mobile and he told me she had left for the day, but that breakfast would be at 8:30 the next day. When I reiterated I was still waiting for the confirmation on breakfast the next day by Katerina, he just went silent, not knowing what to tell me, and then communication went off. At that moment, I knew at that if I wanted breakfast the next day, the only thing for me to do was to go out, buy some tea and toasts for next day, which is what I did but I still think that after my rate included the breakfast the least they could do, was to make sure, I had something from them. So basically I payed for breakfast twice!! I left that place with a bad flavour in my mouth and I wouldn't recommend it simply because for the rates I payed I could have had a REAL HOTEL, with 24HR RECEPTION and better customer service. This place basically receives you, gives you the key, take your money, but then disappear, so if you have any problem, they are not there to help you. Granted their mobiles are included in a sheet of paper in the room, but after clocking off of their job, you are on God's good humour. I would use a REAL Hotel next time...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Gal C
Chessmaster62, Direttore generale at Best Suites Pantheon, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Customer,
we at Best Suites Roma, value our customer opinions and consider their satisfaction as a priority of our policy. As you can notice having a look at the statistics, the majority of our customers have expressed a positive feedback stating a good service quality. So said, we would like to stress on saying that Best Suites Roma Pantheon and Best Suites Roma Trevi are not meant to be hotels but B&Bs offering to our customers a reception opened from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and from 8 a.m. till late at night in case of a late check-in or special requests. During night time, customers can rely on a team of ours easily contactable by phone if necessary. Any room is provided with the necessities that make of a bedroom and bathroom a comfy place where spending the holiday. Any way, we are strongly sorry to hear about your complain, will take measures to guarantee a flawless service, and will provide to contact you privately in order to make up for the bad inconvenience you went through being a guest in our house.
Best Regards
Best Suites Roma Manager
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Used the hotel taxi transfer both ways and found it excellent and on time.
The first driver was brilliant and gave us a historic run down of the buildings and sites that we past enroute to the accommodation and re-inforced what a beautiful city we were visiting.

Struggled a little to find the door (like alot of others) and best advice I can give is standing at the Pentheon Columns look across to the left and you will see a small currency exchange and the Tazza D'Oro coffee shop (the brown/wooden doors wedged between them are the Best Suites.

Room very clean & simply furnished only issue we had was the hot water tank - if you put the shower on full you ran out of water after 1 shower so the next person gets a cold one.

Easily overcome by lettting the water run slowly / on a trickle and this gets two hot showers.

There were no tea & coffee facilities in the room but were brought as soon as we asked for them.

Breakfast as prev described was served to the room and was a basic continental selection but we did learn that Italians dont really do breakfast and generally make do with a pastry with their coffee.

Location is just brilliant and easily accessible for all the sites and so many restaurants etc literally on the door step.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 12, 2013

What spoiled an otherwise pleasant stay was the airport transfer service that the owner uses. Our pick up for the airport was over 25 minutes late and when the driver arrived he wanted to spend another 5 minutes arguing with the receptionist.
Another family we spoke to were left waiting at the airport for an hour by this same transfer company.

As for location, the rooms are directly off the square in front of the Pantheon. It is within walking distance of most of the historic sites, squares and fountains. It was a very pleasant 1.8km (mostly downhill) walk from the main railway station. There are plenty of restaurants and shops, bars, cafes around the area.Past the Pantheon it is a short walk down to the Tiber river.

The room was small but comfortable. The A/C worked great, there was a flat screen TV and a mini bar with reasonably priced soft drink and water. The bed was very comfortable.

The single power point in the room was hidden behind the curtain. There was another in the bathroom but you needed a stepladder to reach it.

There are ten steps before you get to the lift (which is big enough for 2 bags and one person). The nameplate outside the building says the Best Suites are on level 3 but the lift has level one as 0 (zero) so you actually have to press"2" to go to the rooms on level "3", this could easily be fixed with a note in the lift. It's confusing and compounded by the fact that it is not easy getting your bags in and out of that small lift.

A very basic continental breakfast is provided and the day we were leaving early to visit Pompeii/Naples, they were kind enough to drop the breakfast off the night before.

We would certainly stay again and will recommend to family and friends - but suggest either get a cab (there's a stand right at the Pantheon) or use your own transfer.

Room Tip: We had a room at the back (Elios) and had no problem with noise. Buzz level three on the intercom fo...