“One of the best hotels I've stayed at! Great location, price, service and design.”
Review of Hotel Mancino 12

Hotel Mancino 12
Ranked #70 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I have to admit, this hotel might be the best I’ve stayed in, when balancing price, location, size, service and room design (both aesthetics and function). I honestly can’t find a single complaint with it. If you’re visiting Rome, you’d be insane not to consider staying at Hotel Mancino 12.

In my review I'll try to hit on all the standard aspects of the hotel:

-STYLE: This hotel is recently renovated and looks very fresh and modern. It also has an elevator.
-LOCATION: The hotel is located a block and a half from Piazza Venezia, about a five minute walk to the Trevi Fountain, and a 10 minute walk to both the Spanish Steps and the Pantheon. Bottom line: you’re incredibly well positioned from this hotel. The hotel itself is down a street that is pretty tight – many taxis won’t drive down it, so plan to roll your luggage down a short block. From our room (#201) we didn’t have a notable view – just the building across the alley. A taxi stand is 2 blocks from the hotel.
-ROOM: We booked a superior double room (room #201). We had a queen bed (which was very comfortable), a full length mirror, a small desk, a flat screen tv, a chair, two cabinets and a large bathroom. The air conditioning was excellent and the room was larger than standard European rooms.
-BATHROOM: The bathroom was great – very stylish and functional. And the shower door fully closed (most in Europe only halfway close, which baffles me to this day). Ladies take note: there was excellent shower pressure to wash the shampoo out of your hair, bright lighting for makeup application, and an outlet next to the mirror, so you can curl/straighten your hair. Those might seem like small things, but they are next to impossible to find in Europe!
-INTERNET: Wi-fi was included in our rate and was very fast. We could watch videos and use Facetime with no problem.
-NOISE LEVEL: We had a room facing the alley and had no complaints with any noise, and I’m a light sleeper. No need for earplugs here!
-LUGGAGE RACK: Yep! I always think it’s an easy item to provide that makes a stay more comfortable. Not a big deal, but always appreciated.
-BREAKFAST: While we didn’t take advantage of it, the hotel appears to offer a continental breakfast for a small fee.
-SERVICE: Top notch. This is a very small hotel (I think only around 15 rooms), so the front desk staff double as the concierge. They were top notch and really enhanced our already favorable view of the hotel.

And just to highlight the excellent service at the hotel, know that the staff exceed expectations. One of our electrical adapters got stuck in an outlet due to our own stupidity. Not one, but TWO of the staff at the hotel literally shocked themselves to get it out for us. I don’t believe that’s in their job description, but it was very much appreciated. If they were willing to shock themselves for us, know that they’ll easily go above and beyond for you!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Kylin M
There are newer reviews for Hotel Mancino 12

Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed here in May 2014. Glad we did. Spotlessly clean & close to shops, eateries & public transport.The hotel is brilliant. The staff are the best & speak English.Have a crack at speaking Italian .. they'll help with pronunciation & everyone has a laugh!
Will be staying there again next trip

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank damian54
Reviewed May 28, 2014

After trawling Trip Advisor for somewhere to stay in Rome I decided to stay in the Hotel Mancino 12 , and all I can say is I'm glad I did ! It is within walking distance of all the major sites and easy to get to from the main train station .
Rooms are clean , very well equipped quiet . Staff are first class like the hotel !
La Cabana is two doors away and serves a varied and good menu .
Can't wait to go back .

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Driftwood54
Reviewed May 23, 2014

I stayed 3 nights at Hotel Mancino 12. I booked it based on the reviews on Trip Advisor and must say that the reviews were correct. The hotel was in a fabulous location. A short walk to most tourist attractions. The furthest place was the Vatican and that was probably only 40 mins walk. The Trevi fountain, Colleseum and other attractions were within 5mins walk.

The staff were extremely friendly and courteous and the rooms were modern and nice. The room was small but very comfortable. I highly recommend staying at Hotel Mancino 12.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Kris879
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I regret that I was only in Rome for 24 hours, but I don't regret a moment of the time I spent at the Hotel Mancino 12. I normally travel alone, and as a single woman I'm always trying to balance value against safety and a central location, and the Mancino 12 was wonderful on all counts. The rooms were pretty tiny if you're used to American-sized rooms, but the hotel was smack in the center of Rome so I certainly wasn't going to complain about the tiny bed or the lack of floor space. This hotel is a five minute walk to the Forum, 15 easy minutes (i.e. past lots of shops and restaurants that were open late) to Trevi Fountain and the Pantheon, and 20 from the Spanish Steps. I would have felt very comfortable calling the Mancino home for a week, even if I'd been traveling by myself.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank saritaT33
Reviewed May 20, 2014

The hotel is lovely and the staff are very friendly and helpful. The room was modern, very clean and good size. The staff were very friendly and offered advice on where to go, how to get places and suggestions for eating out. There was always someone on the front desk so it was very handy. The hotel was in a very central location and we walked everywhere. I would revisit this hotel. Great accommodation.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CBM726
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Hotel is on a quiet street/alleyway just yards off via del corso and very decent walking distance to to all attractions. Room was modern with great shower. Not huge but decent size. Would stay here again. 2 caveats. The fitness center they "share" with a sister property is a 40 minute walk from the hotel. Also, despite the fact that the street is available to taxis, our driver from the airport insisted it was not and we had to take bags a block to reach the hotel.

Overall. If you like boutique. Hotels, you will enjoy mancino 12.

One tip: the best rate for changing dollars to euros was at the change place which was in a store on Via del Corso ( it's marked CHANGE) right when you exit the back way form the hotel. Once you get to del Corso you see it right across the street.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple