“Very good food and nice service”

Il Fellini Restaurant
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Il Fellini Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #325 of 12,458 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Contemporary, International
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ludovisi / Via Veneto
Karlsruhe, Germany
“Very good food and nice service”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We enjoyed dinner with very good italian food and a really nice atmosphere. Wish Marco and his team all the best!

Visited May 2013

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Gothenburg, Sweden
“Relaxed atmosphere, fabulous food, super service.”
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Our visit at Il Fellini marked the peak of our weekend stay in Rome.

There's not much to add to all the superlatives already expressed in previous ratings, but one thing deserves to be pointed out: this is not an expensive restaurant! We were prepared to dig deep into our wallet, judging from the previous ratings, but a complete dinner including antipasti, primi, secondi, contorni, wine, coffee and limoncello for two just set us back 130 Euro. (We had to skip the dolce, there's no way we could have handled it after the generous servings!)

The service is just perfect: attentive, yet discrete and with a familial tone that adds to the relaxed atmosphere.

In short: just go there!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Mats W
chapel hill nc
“Best!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I can't say anything favorable that is not said in the many other positive reviews. We ate there twice during 9 nights in Rome and it was far-and-away better than anything else we experienced. Looking at some of the negative comments: "it's not a 5-star restaurant" for example- the prices are also not 5-star prices. It's excellent food in a perfectly lovely atmosphere, good service and moderate prices. Hope that I get to enjoy Fellini again one of these days.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank caplow
Newport beach, California, USA
“5 star rating? really?”
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

I don't normally write bad reviews on places I have been, but because it was my last night of my trip and I used trip advisor for something special i don't want anyone else to make the same mistake I did. I imagined a restaurant rated so high on trip advisor in Rome of all places would have better food. We ordered the waiters recommendation of the Gnocchi and it was marginal at best. The as the main course was the filet with a marsala sauce as recommended by the waiter. It took about an hour for the food to come out and we only could eat about 2 bites of the filet. The recipe for the marsala sauce was marsala mixed with cream on a poor cut of meet and nothing more. At the time we ate there it was rated 28 out of 4800 restaurants in rome. Of my 2 week trip across Italy it was the worst food we were served. they took my uneaten steak and didn't even ask why it wasn't eaten. I paid full and didn't make any scenes. Skip it and go somewhere else. The 5 star ratings are most likely friends of the owner padding his trip advisor rating.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank rhiggins22
fellini r, Proprietario at Il Fellini Restaurant, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Hello and thank you for writing a review on TA...
We are sorry to hear that you didn't enjoyed your dinner at our restaurant and to be honest I'm very surprised to hear that you didn't eat your filet with marsala because we have never made any filet with marsala in our restaurant, the only one thing we make with marsala are scaloppine !!! And, I'm even more surprised to hear that nobody asked you why you didn't eat your filet with marsala ?!? WE ALWAYS ASK TO ALL OF OUR CUSTOMERS IF THEY HAD ANY KIND OF PROBLEM WITH THEIR DISHES and if there is any problem we are more then happy to solve the problem, WE ONLY WANT THE BEST FOR OUR CLIENTS!!!

Anyway you also wrote that you paid full and you didn't any scenes but now you are doing it on this web site and you are also offending us and a lots of others sincere people who had dinner here writing : ''The 5 star ratings are most likely friends of the owner padding his trip advisor rating.''

I'm responding to a review for the first time because we are offended by the words this person wrote insinuating the truthfulness of the reviews on this web sites!! Sorry but we cannot accept it, we are working very hard, we believe in our job, we love what we do, we love to see the people leaving our restaurant happy and, we are sincere people, then PLEASE IF ANY OF OUR FUTURE CLIENTS WILL HAVE ANY KIND OF PROBLEM, WE WOULD LOVE TO KNOW IT AT THE MOMENT ( not 2-3 weeks later!!!!) and WE WILL DO THE POSSIBLE TO SOLVE IT !!!

A big hug to all ours past, present and future clients!!!

Il Fellini Restaurant
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Very pleased”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We visited this restaurant in April 2013 for our first wedding anniversary based on the good recommendations on Trip Advisor and had a lovely evening.

The service was excellent... a good balance of attentive when required and leaving you alone when they are not. The food was very good and at a very reasonable price considering other prices in Rome. The atmosphere was excellent - a really nice place to be. The decor is good and the background music was at just the right level to make an atmosphere while still being able to talk comfortably.

I'm always nervous that the experience won't live up to the reviews (especially on a special occasion like this one) but I was really pleased.

• Visited April 2013