“Last Minute Trip in need of Room”

Rome Tour Guide Tours
Ranked #400 of 842 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a full service tour provider specializing in tours of Rome and the surrounding countryside, Naples and Pompeii included. Our private tours feature knowledgeable, fully credentialed English speaking guides. The tour we plan just for you will feature the sites you want to visit and make the most of your time in Rome! Let us plan your trip to Rome and make it "the trip of a lifetime."
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My fiancee and I were on a spur of the moment trip to Rome last July and needed accommodations. Lucky as we were, we bumped into Steve on the way over. Within minutes of landing he had quotes for our 3 night stay at the Hotel Cecil. The price was beyond fair, and the location was perfect. We walked into the hotel tired from out long journey and staff was perfectly wonderful and expecting us. Seeing Steve had processed the payment we were in our room minutes after arrival! Throughout our stay Steve was quick to respond to email and text with recommendations of sights and stops throughout Rome. Now that we have an excellent contact for travel tours we hope Russia comes soon as that is Steve's other speciality!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were a group of 10, including 6 children, and we could not have been happier with our tours and all the transfers that were arranged for us. We were picked up from the airport and taken on an amazing tour of Rome by Gabriella. After travelling all night and not much sleep she made sure we saw a lot of sights without anyone melting down. We had a wonderful lunch at a little pizza place she recommended. After our cruise we were picked up at the port and once again met Gabriella for our tour of the Vatican. She was incredibly knowledgeable and made sure to share things that the children would also be interested in. On a very hot a busy day she made sure we stayed together, received all the information and always had a shady spot to stand. Overall a wonderful experience!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Our Cruise line was stopping in Rome for one day so I prearranged a tour with Steven Fowlers group called a A Day In Rome. We were picked up at the dock by there driver and took into Rome and met with Gabriella. Gabriella was very informative and knowledgeable with a sense of humor that when you get into these busy tourist places sometimes a person needs some humor to relax. I would recommend this tour for anyone that will be in Rome. Very professionally handled.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We were traveling on our honeymoon with a few days in Rome before our cruise embarked, and came across Roman Empire Tours online. Reviews seemed solid, price was reasonable. The Rome City Tour met at the bottom of the Spanish Steps. With the exception of the site stating to look for a yellow umbrella (which turned out to be orange), this was an amazing experience of a tour. First of all no one else ended up signing up for the day so it was just my wife and I with the guide. Thomas was extremely knowledgeable and a pleasure to spend the few hours with. Every question we had he knew the answer to, and there was no rush for anything. If we wanted to spend more time looking around at the Pantheon he was happy to wait until we were ready to move on.

I highly recommend both the tour company and the guide himself as this was an experience of a lifetime. Thank you Thomas!

1  Thank ERG341
See more reviews
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Mr. Fowler was most helpful, patient, and considerate in arranging our trip to Rome last summer with our two teen grandchildren . I could not believe that everything was taken care for us so well. Ms. Gabriella Fontana , our guide, was most informative, filled with interesting anecdotes, warm, attentive and fun. We called her our "Gabriel Angel". Though the children were at times tired and sick, she was flexible and we felt she always had our welfare at heart. She even made great recommendations for restaurants and the food we should order. We saw the real Rome and ate the real food Romans eat.. Our grandson said: "If I am ever alone only with my family on an island , and I can take only one more person , I would take Gabriella. Our granddaughter often said : "Gabriella knows best! We do as she says!"
There were couple of glitches with the driver coming late, but Gabriella took care of that - no complaints.
We had taken nice trips before and were on tours, but the private tour Mr. Fowler arranged was far better than others. We would have never seen all the things we did without the agency's service. We even had a great side trip to Pompeii.
This is the way to go and we wish we could have Mr. Fowler get Gabriella to be our guide in every other place we may visit in our lives.
P. S. I was touched by Mr. Fowler's consideration for our finances and his availability on the phone.