“Unexpected Ending”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Campo Marzio
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We have been to this trattoria previously, and the food was excellent again, served by the same waiter 2 years later. It's a busy place, so don't count on special treatment. The more local and Italian you are, or speak at least a bit of Italian, the better service you'll get, but they don't necessarily dislike tourists, just have to be open- minded and blend in. The food and wine is classic, nothing extraordinary, but well prepared and tasty.
My biggest disappointment this time was that I was artfully ripped- off by the cashier lady at the end. I left a 5 EUR note for the waiter at the table, because we liked everything. Our bill was 66 EUR, I gave the cashier 70 EUR. While I was distracted looking at their business card, she was holding 55 EUR in her hand, and demanding another 10 EUR, saying that would be enough, forget the 1 EUR.
I knew I only had brand new 10 and 20 bills left in my wallet: there is no way I could have given her 55. I did not argue, but it made us feel a little bitter, not the first time ripped off in Rome, and probably not the last...

3  Thank Didzis R
Write a ReviewReviews (1,831)

Reviewed December 27, 2013

At the first time we came at 6PM and the restaurant was close, we were very disappointed because we read many good things about the place. At our last day in Rome we arrived for lunch (we didn't made reservations but you probably should because the please was crowded...). The food was great and the price was fair. The tomato assume for the Ravioli and the Gnocchi was Devine.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Having seen the rave reviews about this restaurant my boyfriend and I decided to try it out for Saturday lunch. Rather naively we didn't book, favouring instead the turn up at around 2.30pm. Through the door the smell was enough to make our mouths water,and I would love nothing more than to support the positive reviews on here. However upon entering the restaurant we were rather rudely ignored for a couple of minutes, eventually the waiter shouted at us 'have reservation?' To which we replied we did not. He then shouted 'full' and walked away. I understand the restaurant may be busy and there may be no tables available, however to be so rude seemed unnecessary and disappointing. I will not be returning to this restaurant and will definitely not recommend it to friends, manners cost nothing!

5  Thank LKJ2013
Reviewed December 11, 2013

very small place just behind italian parlament. it is located in a little street (vicolo) and it is a very ncie osteria or typical small trattoria. very simple but with great food.
if you want to try the traditional hospitality...go there. price and ervice are good

Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

We had luck we got a table without a reservation , the restaurant was full and it looks like it's always full.
The food was really good , and the atmosphere is very Italian.
Highly recommended.