“Highly recommended! It's adorable, clean, modern and very well located!”
Review of Relais Sistina

Relais Sistina
Ranked #884 of 3,643 Rome B&B and Inns
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Highly recommended! It's adorable, clean, modern and very well located!”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I absolutely adore this place! It was the best hotel experience of my life and I would come back to this place in a heartbeat. Actually I tried to stay there for one night after I was done touring other parts of Italy but they were full.
The greatest part of this establishment is that it’s not a hotel, it a very cute 4 room flat with a cosy living room area. The flat is very modern, clean, and ..have I mentioned cosy. It’s feels like your home away from home, and takes away some of the anxiety that comes from travelling to new places. You will feel like you are actually living in Rome. It’s perfect for a group of friends who wish to travel together. My friends and I had booked two rooms for 4 nights in Rome. Both of the rooms where super clean, well sized (esp for Europe sizes) and had really good layouts. I often worry about the quality of the bathrooms so I just want to add a note in here that they were very clean (!) and modern like with an excellent shower and really nice fresh towels (not worn out like they are in some hotels). I also find with most hotels you can’t really trust the pictures they put up on their website but with this place what you see is what you get.
All rooms also come with free refreshments..which I didn’t think we would use but they really came in handy (Free bottlesss of water everywhere, fruits, pastries, chocolate (yes!) and coffee satchels) I am a late riser but I love to start my day with a coffee and a snack, and its always a mission getting ready in the morning on an empty stomach and going hunting for the perfect place to eat. So having access to coffee and a snack made me super happy.. for those who think I missed out on the “Italian Breakfast” experience…don’t worry I had no problem having 2 breakfasts :P
Relais Sistina is also very well located between the Spanish steps and Barberini square, and is considered as a part of the Via Veneto area. Via Veneto is the expensive side of town where all the large chain hotels and upscale restaurants are located. The hotel is not on that road but a 5 min walk south of it. You will find that hotel is perfectly positioned as a 5 min walk to the left of the hotel gets you to the top of the Spanish steps overlooking the heart of Romes shopping area (via condotti, Via del corso etc) and a 5 min walk to the right takes you to Barberini square which is where you will find the metro stop and the taxi stand. Walking down Barberini will also connect you to Via del corso the shopping street and trevi fountain.
It’s worth noting that despite being in such a central location, the hotel is in a quiet and safe area. Its not in the most happening part of town in terms of nightlife but it’s perfect base for daytime activities (I prefer that no drunks! Yay!).
Gorgio and Max the guys who run this place are amazingly helpful and very hands on so they will help point out the important parts of town and how to get there. They are a big reason to why I love this place so much. Gorgio literally spent hours telling me the best places to eat all over town and bought us our very own adapter because we didn’t have our own. Gorgio and Max are usually available for any questions or concerns during the morning. After which they leave but you can easily contact them if you need anything during the day. They also offer an airport pick up service which we found very helpful as we arrived late and were too tired to go searching for our hotel with luggage in hand. The pickup service charged us 45 Euros for 2 people with 4 luggages, which according to our Roman friend is a very good price.
The hospitality of both Gorgio and Max showed us was comparable to none. Staying at this hotel really made our experience in Rome. During our time in Italy we stayed in other establishments that did not even compare to our experience in Relais Sistina. I would definitely recommend this place to everyone. I cant say this enough times, but this place is really amazing and everyone going to Rome should stay here!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Greek first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Exceeded all my expectations. Giorgio was very helpful and accommodating. The place is new, the design is great. Location - amazing. And it's definitely secure: having to pass 5 doors to get it:) You get the luxury of a 5 star hotel with the feeling of being at home, including a 24h access to fresh fruits and refreshments, should you have a midnight munches:)
The only place in Rome I would stay from now on when coming back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Giorgio and Max really know how to look after their customers, nothing is too much trouble and the accommodation was clean, comfortable and affordable.
Breakfast at a nearby cafe was free, as were snacks, water, fruit and vino for the whole stay.
Do yourself a favour, this place is first class, thanks Trip Advisor for the heads up

Room Tip: We had two rooms, one with a balcony was a little bigger, but ours was alos good size for Rome, with...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mark H
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The Relais Sistina is a very nice place in the centre of Rome; it is not a hotel, but merely a collection of serviced rooms. If you are familiar with Rome and Italian breakfast, it is easy to recognise its advantages. Max and Giorgio are very friendly and committed to the well-being of their guests; very good suggestions for food and good transportation arrangements. The quality of the rooms and amenities is very good. The location offers the advantage of being within walking distance to different attractive parts of the city (including the parks), as well as enjoying a relatively quiet environment. I will return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Michel-and-Sebnem
athens
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Perfect location , veneto area is a quiet and expensive area of Rome . The room was comfortable and clean. I like this place . The negative points , was that the rooms have not balconies and the breakfast was poor , only a cappuccino , a croissant and a juice . If you order a sandwitch (panini) you pay abt 5 euros more and a small mineral water costs 2.5 euros .. I prefer to stay thirsty than to pay 2.5 euros for water . Staff (georgio) is very polite and also gave me a useful map of Rome and instructions where to go etc . I recommend this quest house if you have to pay 620euros for 5 nights .

• Stayed February 2013
Keerbergen, Belgium
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This cute hotel is located in Via Sistina, which leads to the Spanish steps and is close to the Trevi fountain. Via sistina is mainly a shopping/restaurant street, so you never have to walk far if you want to eat or drink something. When we arrived, we met Giorgio, who is one of the owners. He is really friendly and showed us our room and guided us around the place. The room had a king sized bed, was really modern, had a large window that looked out on a courtyard and had a bathroom with a shower, toilet and a washbasin. All brand new! In the morning we got vouchers for a coffee and a sandwich at a really cute local bar in Via Sistina. If you like to stay in a modern and new room in the heart of Rome, THIS IS THE PLACE TO BE!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Koh_Nat
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This neat little hotel is exceptionally clean and roomy. Our room had lots of space (although it could have used an extra chair and table) and the complimentary mini bar really made us feel taken care of. A generous hotel is tough to find! The noise level from the street was low and the sounds of doors shutting and elevators moving was probably more noticeable. Both staff members we worked with were excited to make our stay enjoyable. They don't staff the front desk all day so they gave us phone numbers to call anytime and made sure we understood we could call for anything. (We didn't need to.) Breakfast was served across the street in another cafe until noon, which worked perfectly for us. Ultimately, the best part of this hotel is the location. We walked everywhere in Rome and got to come home to the nicest neighborhood in town.

If you need more hotel services to have a great stay, choose a bigger hotel. Relais Sistina worked for us because we didn't need anything more than a cozy room and a set of keys. We would definitely return.

Room Tip: Only 4-5 rooms to choose from, so you can't go wrong.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family