“the best hotel in Rome” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #44 of 3,734 Rome B&B and Inns
Istanbul, Turkey
“the best hotel in Rome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed 3 nights in 25-28 april, and it was better than we expected. hotel's location is the best , hotel's owners is really friendly and generous people, when we were leaving, our flight was at the midnight and normally we had to check out at 13:00pm but Salvatore (owner) offered us to stay at midnight with the room. This was really helpful to live Rome 1 more day . he always adviced and arranged to us about Rome's best restaurants, best places, and he provided us to live Rome as an Italian . However breakfast is the best too. the breakfast is open buffet and all the foods are fresh. There are some ingenious ladies , they make breads, cookies, cakes, croissant every morning. also coffee machine is every hours at your service. hotel is so safe, you have to enter 3 passwords for pass 4 gates to enter your room . and everytime quite and clean rooms.Location was excellent too.you can go to every good places from the hotel by walk. if i decide to go Rome again Domus Liberius will be our only address to stay. we are so thankful to Sal and his wife and the other ladies , i hope we will see them again..

Room Tip: every rooms are clean,quiet and safe.
1 Thank akdasli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cornwall, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

It was such a pleasure to find the rooms we reserved were new and sparkling clean in a square that offered everything in terms of transportation options, security, and great dining nearby. The breakfast was great and the bathrooms were fantastic with large rainfall showers and beautiful fixtures. But the best part was meeting Sal and Lisa and their staff. When we arrived their son, Andreas helped us with our bags and ran down to meet our taxi driver who was returning a wallet my sister had left in a cab. Hospitality definitely runs in their family! Lisa makes sure that things are running smoothly as well as making her apple torta as an extra for breakfast. Sal offers political commentary and philosophy as well as travel advice. Oksana and her co-workers are also sweet and accommodating. All this without any feeling of intrusion! Ah, Roma!

Room Tip: I liked the room that looked out on to the Santa Maria Maggiore square best for its excitement, but...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

After a disasterous arrival in Rome (our original accomadation had double booked), we were rescued by the owners of Domus Liberius. Sal and Lisa made us very welcome and very comfortable.

The location is within easy reach of several sites and the resturant, which the owner recomended, served one of the tastiest meals I've ever eaten (and it wasn't the only brilliant resturant nearby).

I cannot fault the room, breakfast or location but what made this a fantastic experience was the friendliness of the staff and owners.

Brilliant. Will definately stay again.

Tallinn, Estonia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

It was first time trip to Rome for me and my wife. As soon as I booked my stay via booking.com, I received personal email from hotel manager Sal welcoming me to stay and asking if I had any special requests. Has never happened to me before. As it was my wifes birthday next day, I asked for some roses and wine in the morning. Sal personally started looking for roses early in the morning and went through several shops before beginning of his business day to find the right ones for best price. What in such cases normally happens is hotel calls for flower service and lets deliver whatever they bring. Not the case. Sal got us 4 feet long red roses that are still looking good, 8 days after, and 6 hours on plane... amazing. Thats what I call dedication to provide best service for your customer. Never experienced that before.
I asked for room with street view, and thats what we got. Very clean, great view, private. Only thing you get probably in the city in every hotel is traffic noise. It comes from architecture of the houses - Italians seem to prefer single layer windows. Two layers of glass, but on the same frame. Another option would be to get inside cortyard view, but that is no view, and was not an option for me.
Location in great, Colosseum and Venetian Square were 15 minutes walking away. Its couple blocks from Termini station, 5 minutes walking. Great for metro and also the Leonardo Express train to FCO airport which I found to be very convenient - 14 EUR per person one way and 30 minutes. No traffic jams, on schedule, and fixed price. No need to wrestle with taxi drivers on conditions and price, just sit back and relax ;)
I recommend this place highly. I´m very picky about conditions where I stay, I hate dirtyness, bad/old smell, mold etc. You will be satisfied staying there, this place is excellent.

Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

When looking for a hotel/pension in Rome my only criteria was that the place should be close to Termini. I was a little apprehensive of what kind of room I would get for the price I was willing to pay, railway quarters not being the preferred locations in a city. My very first impression (the elevator) kind of confirmed my expectation. What a surprise, however, when I reached the 3rd floor! Not only did I receive a warm, friendly welcome; the apartment (as it is called) was a true suprise - brandnew, wonderfully clean, tastefully furnished, the bathroom smashing with all faucets working! Nothing in this place is "cheap". So I can highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Attracted by the location close to a conference I was attending and the rave reviews on Tripadvisor, I booked a room at Domus Liberius. Initially the plan was to have a city trip before the business trip, however I ended up going by myself.

I had to change the plans very late, but Sal proved very flexible & customer friendly in changing the room and dates.

I arrived very late, but Sal waited up and made me feel right at home. The stay itself was very pleasant, with clean rooms and a simple but nice breakfast. Sal also was able to advise a very nice, not too touristy restaurant close-by.

All in all a very comfortable, homely stay. Thanks

Room Tip: A new wing was added with new rooms. Probably the best to take one of those.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
maartenvd
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Domus Liberius is somewhere between a B&B and a hotel. They have far more than the 4 rooms we saw described elsewhere; rooms are spread over three former apartments on one floor. Everything is quite newly remodeled in an airy modern style. Our room was quite spacious with very high ceilings, especially by European standards, although there was no seating area other than a desk chair. Breakfast is basic with good coffee; the owners and staff are very friendly. Location is very close to the train station (though outside the seedy area), and it's quite close to the Colosseum and Forum. The Vatican is farther away, but easy on the metro which is 2 blocks from the hotel.

• 3 of 5 bubbles