“Wonderful service!”
Review of Domus Liberius

Domus Liberius
Ranked #48 of 3,721 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Lisa and Sal were a nice and helpful couple and you felt warmly welcome to their house. Rooms were nicely decorated and new but noisy. The walls were like paper and all the spoken words in the next room were easy to hear. The shower hardly worked, the pressure was poor. The continental breakfast was ok and smell of warm buns woke us up in the morning. The location was central and everything in the walking distance.

2  Thank Susanna00

Reviewed March 30, 2013

It was my first time visiting Rome this past week, I was backpacking alone throughout Italy and always was looking for hotels last minute. When I called Sal he was more than welcoming when I needed a place to stay, he also was a great help with what I could see in the short amount of time I was to stay in Rome. Domus has an amazing location in front of the S. Maria Maggoire church, and a 10 minute walk to the Termini central station, it is easy and safe to return back home if you end up coming back late. Breakfast is also amazing, Sal and Lisa provide you with croissants they make themselves! He would always ask if I needed anything or if I wanted to know anything else about the city, he provided me with a map and always gave me suggestions of how to navigate the city and the easiest way to buy tickets for the vatican museum and other attractions. When I also did not know how I was going to get to the airport after my stay, Sal looked up airport shuttle times and made it a priority to find me transportation to the airport that was not pricey. Sal and Lisa are both great people and treated me as if I was their daughter, I cannot express how grateful I am to them both for caring for me so much. I wish them the best of luck and always recommend Domus Liberius for your stay in Rome!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Me and two friends visited Rome for a week and we chose Domus Liberius. It's been a fantastic experience, very near to Termini and main monuments. Lisa&Sal has made our Rome holidays marvellous. I'll recommend everybody this hotel

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Samyalid
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My wife and I visited Rome for 4 days in order to experience the city and run Rome Marathon. We were very happy that we chose Domus Liberius. DL is placed very central to the central station (Termini) and every major attractions in Rome. The hotel is brand new, and a little speciel from other hotels - Lisa and Sal (the owers) are dedicated making every stay in Rome and their hotel a speciel experience. The service is excellent... We give them our very best recommendation. All the best to you Lisa and Sal :-)

1  Thank Michael J
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Fantastic communication from Lisa & Sal from the moment we booked. We received a lovely welcome and lots of great tips from Sal about the area. Room just as immaculate as it looks in the photo. Breakfast was plentiful with homemade treats.
The location was perfect every thing was easy to find. The Colosseum is a ten min walk away and looked great in the evening all lit up. The area felt safe and being next to S. Maria Maggoire church prevented us from losing the way back go the hotel after days out.
I could go on and on about all the great points but you need to give a try and see for your self...
Thank you Lisa & Sal for a great stay and hopefully we will meet again X

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Wantoberich
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Situated in the heart of Rome, just next to S. Maria Maggiore, 10 minutes walk from the railway station Termini and the Colosseum, the Domus Liberius is run by Sal(vatore) & Lisa in a very familiar and cosy way. The rooms are on the third floor of an historical building, restaurated and with modern furniture. Sleeping is a bless, as the matress is perfect - not the usual worn down thing causing back ache - and the windows double... Getting in and out at any time after check-in is no problem. The breakfast offers enough choice, while the roman crossaints ("cornetti") are crisp and unresistably fresh - and the perfect "death" for the served coffee/cappuccino .... The fridge offers other daily surprises to be dealt with the management ... If a late check-out is planned, baggage can be left without problem and getting home by train etc. easy enough. BUT the best part is the personal attitude of Sal & Lisa, both running the place as if they were taking care of their own family. Some hotels in Rome are quite nice, but hotels. This - at this time - is a place to feel at home. Endless thanks for a perfect weekend :-) Romano

Room Tip: We had a room on the side of the building, which was very quiet. Sal announced that soon the number...
1  Thank Roman M
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Very nice concept. Excellent service. Very well located !.
You can visit Rome and discover the kind and human side of italian people thanks to Salvatore and Lisa, the adorable couple of owners who make you feel like at home.
I stayed at Domus Liberius for 5 nights and I am looking forward to return.

Room Tip: Maybe the last rooms are quieter
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple